how to unbrick my sony xperia c5 ultra

Search This thread

joel-0602

Sep 4, 2014
Suzano
Alternative Software

Hello...
I found another software like the S1 Tools that is used for Snapdragon devices but C5 Ultra is a Mediatek device so I hope that the correct Software is the SP Flashtools here down follow the link...

http://spflashtool.com/download/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1524.00.000.zip

Best Regards!

PS: The Scheme from testpoints i still have not tested. But I'll do it with SP Flashtools for Mediatek and thats when possible I return...
;):fingers-crossed:;)

Danilosc

Jun 5, 2013
You tested?? Please help us!

Hello...
I found another software like the S1 Tools that is used for Snapdragon devices but C5 Ultra is a Mediatek device so I hope that the correct Software is the SP Flashtools here down follow the link...

http://spflashtool.com/download/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1524.00.000.zip

Best Regards!

PS: The Scheme from testpoints i still have not tested. But I'll do it with SP Flashtools for Mediatek and thats when possible I return...
;):fingers-crossed:;)

salmankhan.rules

Aug 1, 2016
Same here, I guess the boot is damaged.
Last night i suspected that the battery is dead, so I opened the device and disconnected the battery then tested it with MultiMeter, but the battery was doing fine.
anyway, I tried MTK Droid Tools, SP Flash Tool, SP Multi Port Download, Androxyde Flashtool, Sony PC Companion, All seems not able to detect the device.
in windows Device Manager when i connect the device it's shown as COM port.
When I plug the phone into charger or pc the notification light turns RED.
When I press the power button a faint red light appears in proximity sensor.
That's it.
I'm searching currently for TEST Points for the C5 Ultra Dual, I'm willing to try the "Emergency Flashmode", So, PLZ HELP
Hello brother have you found any solution cos same thing happened to me recently now my c5 ultra is in dead state and im worried....

un.Known

Sep 12, 2011
Damascus
Hello brother have you found any solution cos same thing happened to me recently now my c5 ultra is in dead state and im worried....
unfortunately no, I returned the device to its' owner with no success fixing the issue, you might want to try some google searching maybe something new was founded.
one thing to note: don't use flashtool to flash sony mediatek devices, that was noted in flashtool website

aidy.lucas

Oct 8, 2014
unfortunately no, I returned the device to its' owner with no success fixing the issue, you might want to try some google searching maybe something new was founded.
one thing to note: don't use flashtool to flash sony mediatek devices, that was noted in flashtool website
It's only the c4 and c5 mediatek powered Xperia devices the new xa+xa ultra work just fine with flashtool. No idea why it hard bricks these two only

Sent from my Xperia XA using XDA Labs

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
This is what happens when a OEM(Sony) thinks they know better than the SoC manufacturer (Mediatek) FlashTool vs SPFlashtool then SPFlashtool wins easy
I did manage to get SPFlashtool to talk with the phone but it said baseband was secure and "add file???" What ever that file is I have no idea.

vmasistemas

Mar 8, 2015
Last night i suspected that the battery is dead, so I opened the device and disconnected the battery then tested it with MultiMeter, but the battery was doing fine.
anyway, I tried MTK Droid Tools, SP Flash Tool, SP Multi Port Download, Androxyde Flashtool, Sony PC Companion, All seems not able to detect the device.
That's it.
I'm searching currently for TEST Points for the C5 Ultra Dual, I'm willing to try the "Emergency Flashmode", So, PLZ HELP

I see I'm not the only one here, it's realy gives me hope to repair it. I will try with RIFF box to repair the boot, but as you said there are no test point on the main board

UPD:
No test point on the main board, i have removed the main board from the phone and tried all points on it, no changes, still the COM port.

Hi dude ihave the same problem and sony said that need to replace the board. I think they are stupids. I decide to find the test point and try to fix it myself. I see on the web the test points of other models of xperia and I see that all xperias if you want to turn on of hard brick you need to find the test point and surprise is live one more time. Only we need to find the way. If you find the test point or know how to do the emergency flash please tell me. [email protected] +527821268309 whatsapp, Im from Mexico.

Nachi25

Oct 5, 2016
Hi Sir Bigrammy. How did you manage to talk with the phone using spflashtool? Did you use testpoint method? Can you teach me how? Thanks in advance.

maheronline

Jul 9, 2012
lattakia
i have the same problem my c5 ultra is dead ... flash tool and spflash and mtk droid tool not able to detect the device
any one can help us
i have watched video about spflash its need scatter file maybe if someone have worked c5 devie he can use mtk droid tool to take scatter from it and help us
sorry for bad english

creativum

Feb 10, 2017
2 days ago i installed 6.0 on my e5553 got the same problem today.the computer was seeing the phone as COM when i use the sony data cable...i just used original samsung cable i dont know why but it worked.flashed stock rom after that and it didnt fix the problem.still wasnt able to boot the phone.i just connected the computer with samsung cable and left it like that for few hours.when i came back i saw the sony logo on the screen and opened succesfully 5min later with 6.0(last rom i installed was stock turkey and its 5.1)i dont know what happened but its fully working with no problem.
maybe changing usb ports or cable can help you guys.

Reactions: ahmetturgaykaya
Feb 23, 2017
Nevsehir
2 days ago i installed 6.0 on my e5553 got the same problem today.the computer was seeing the phone as COM when i use the sony data cable...i just used original samsung cable i dont know why but it worked.flashed stock rom after that and it didnt fix the problem.still wasnt able to boot the phone.i just connected the computer with samsung cable and left it like that for few hours.when i came back i saw the sony logo on the screen and opened succesfully 5min later with 6.0(last rom i installed was stock turkey and its 5.1)i dont know what happened but its fully working with no problem.

same problem for 2 weeks .

aynı problem bende de var 2 haftadır.

yardım edebilir misiniz. bana ve tüm dünyaya :)

Adir O

Aug 30, 2017
Hi.

I revived my C5 Ultra E5506!!!!

This is what i tried:

1.- Download FlashTool and Install it (Only use it´s flashtool-drivers application, mark "Flashmode drivers", "Fastboot Drivers", and all models with the word ultra on it C:\Flashtool\drivers).

2.-Download Xperia Companion and use it´s repair option, it will take a about 10 min to recognice mobile, and about 2 hrs to repair it. (before installing all drivers for step 1, Xcompanion didn´t detect it)

I was able to use my Xperia again, and i´m just having camara problems until now.

Hi.

I revived my C5 Ultra E5506!!!!

This is what i tried:

1.- Download FlashTool and Install it (Only use it´s flashtool-drivers application, mark "Flashmode drivers", "Fastboot Drivers", and all models with the word ultra on it C:\Flashtool\drivers).

2.-Download Xperia Companion and use it´s repair option, it will take a about 10 min to recognice mobile, and about 2 hrs to repair it. (before installing all drivers for step 1, Xcompanion didn´t detect it)

I was able to use my Xperia again, and i´m just having camara problems until now.

That´s a different problem, Companion can´t detect the phone because there´s no firmware in the phone. My pc only detect a COM port

Xxshark888xX

Jul 21, 2013
Zanesti Romania
Hello, I have the same problem, after I was trying to downgrade from 6.0 to 5.1.
When the flashtool was successfully flashed the rom, when I have unplugged my phone and tried to power on, nothing happens, if I plug the phone with the USB to the PC, is viewed as COM port and disconnect/connect in loop, and now I can't reflash another room, please anyone know how to unbrick?

Last edited:

andry antaya

Oct 18, 2017
pls help someone to unbrick my xperia c5 ultra. now phone detect as a unknown device . I cannot turn into my phone in flash mood. how to flash pls give some solution .I stuck at dead phone . pls do something for me .................

Did anyone found the solutions ?? I have the same problem here. ??

Sep 30, 2018
Coahuila
What were u doin?

pls help someone to unbrick my xperia c5 ultra. now phone detect as a unknown device . I cannot turn into my phone in flash mood. how to flash pls give some solution .I stuck at dead phone . pls do something for me .................

u can only le cry now or buy a new one ._.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

That´s a different problem, Companion can´t detect the phone because there´s no firmware in the phone. My pc only detect a COM port

If u Cannot find try to make one or modify of a copy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's it.
    That's it.
    I see I'm not the only one here, it's realy gives me hope to repair it. I will try with RIFF box to repair the boot, but as you said there are no test point on the main board

UPD:
    No test point on the main board, i have removed the main board from the phone and tried all points on it, no changes, still the COM port.
    This is what happens when a OEM(Sony) thinks they know better than the SoC manufacturer (Mediatek) FlashTool vs SPFlashtool then SPFlashtool wins easy
    I did manage to get SPFlashtool to talk with the phone but it said baseband was secure and "add file???" What ever that file is I have no idea.
    it has to EXIST. i tried s1tools amd device successfuly detected and it wanted and said open test point. that means it has a test point
    Please, can you post some screenshots? thx man!!