How To Guide How to unbrick Nothing Phone 1 fastboot bootloop

Search This thread

icetea250

Sep 19, 2022
Even cant go into bootloader if I hold vol - and power it jus keeps restarting
When you hold down the volume key to start recovery or fastboot, does it reboot immediately after the Nothing logo lights up?

If so, I am having the exact same problem.

When you fastboot flash, did you flash different versions tiggly or did you forget to flash something and then reboot?

Reactions: rackis18

rackis18

Jun 6, 2013
When you hold down the volume key to start recovery or fastboot, does it reboot immediately after the Nothing logo lights up?

If so, I am having the exact same problem.

When you fastboot flash, did you flash different versions tiggly or did you forget to flash something and then reboot?
Yes it's restarting immediately after the nothing logo lights up. Same as yours. I'm unlocked bl then installed rice droid following flash instructions phone booted in stock rom then go back to bootloader did set active slot a and boom it's started doing this and don't know how to fix this.

Reactions: icetea250

rackis18

Jun 6, 2013
Yes it's restarting immediately after the nothing logo lights up. Same as yours. I'm unlocked bl then installed rice droid following flash instructions phone booted in stock rom then go back to bootloader did set active slot a and boom it's started doing this and don't know how to fix this.
If you found any soliution let me know

AntoXik72

Feb 27, 2013
Without bootloader or recovery I think it's over for your phones... If it can't be recognized by the pc, there's nothing much to do sadly..

q.sadid

Jun 8, 2018
Dhaka
I am stuck in bootloader. I was on EEA 1.1.4 version when it happened. adb doesnt recognize the device. PLEASE help, I cant find th EEA super.img anywhere

icetea250

Sep 19, 2022
I wanted to update from v1.1.4 (b slot) to v1.1.6 and was burning v1.1.6 image files to the a slot using fastboot, but maybe I inadvertently forgot to add "***_a" to the command and burned some v1.1.6 image files to the v1.1.4 b slot. When I reboot afterwards, I get a "Push any key to shutdown" message in the upper left corner with the Nothing logo, and I can't get into fastboot or recovery. Is there any way to fix it?(deepl)
v1.1.4(bスロット)からv1.1.6にアップデートしようと思い、fastbootでaスロットにv1.1.6のイメージファイルを焼いていたのですが、多分私の不注意でコマンドに"○○_a"をつけ忘れて何個かのv1.1.6のイメージファイルをv1.1.4のbスロットに焼いてしまい、その後リブートするとNothingのロゴと共に左上端に「Push any key to shutdown」と出て、fastbootにもrecoveryにも入れず完全に詰んでいる状況です、ここまで来ると、サポートに送るしか直す手段は無いでしょうか?

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
Nothing Phone 2
OnePlus 12
I wanted to update from v1.1.4 (b slot) to v1.1.6 and was burning v1.1.6 image files to the a slot using fastboot, but maybe I inadvertently forgot to add "***_a" to the command and burned some v1.1.6 image files to the v1.1.4 b slot. When I reboot afterwards, I get a "Push any key to shutdown" message in the upper left corner with the Nothing logo, and I can't get into fastboot or recovery. Is there any way to fix it?(deepl)
v1.1.4(bスロット)からv1.1.6にアップデートしようと思い、fastbootでaスロットにv1.1.6のイメージファイルを焼いていたのですが、多分私の不注意でコマンドに"○○_a"をつけ忘れて何個かのv1.1.6のイメージファイルをv1.1.4のbスロットに焼いてしまい、その後リブートするとNothingのロゴと共に左上端に「Push any key to shutdown」と出て、fastbootにもrecoveryにも入れず完全に詰んでいる状況です、ここまで来ると、サポートに送るしか直す手段は無いでしょうか?
You can try to shutdown and try to enter fastboot or anything else with holding power + all volume keys or vol up or vol down. But as far as i know, there is no way out right now. Sadly.

try it

YouTube
link(Japanese)

icetea250

Sep 19, 2022
try it

YouTube
link(Japanese)
I did this, but alas, nothing much changed.

Teknique2323

Nov 2, 2022
So for some reason my phone will not show up in ADB Devices, it restarts in bootloader with DEVICE STATE - Unlocked. Whenever I run the cmd prompt "adb devices" it just says List of devices attached but doesn't show my serial number and none of the other commands work because they don't detect the device. Anyone know how to fix this?

rackis18

Jun 6, 2013
So for some reason my phone will not show up in ADB Devices, it restarts in bootloader with DEVICE STATE - Unlocked. Whenever I run the cmd prompt "adb devices" it just says List of devices attached but doesn't show my serial number and none of the other commands work because they don't detect the device. Anyone know how to fix this?
Fastboot devices not adb devices cos you are in bootloader

arinc9

Sep 25, 2017
Nothing Phone 1
I have the same issue on my Nothing Phone too. I used the flash_all.sh script from Sh4tteredd, it set the active slot to A and rebooted to userspace fastboot by running `fastboot reboot fastboot`. After that, I started seeing the "*** any key to shutdown" at the top left of the screen along with the regular splash screen.

I never had a problem like this using Windows. This time I wanted to try it on Ubuntu and now it's likely that I have to send the phone to warranty to Deutsche Telekom, where I bought the phone from.

Either Windows or Ubuntu won't detect the phone at all.

rackis18

Jun 6, 2013
I have the same issue on my Nothing Phone too. I used the flash_all.sh script from Sh4tteredd, it set the active slot to A and rebooted to userspace fastboot by running `fastboot reboot fastboot`. After that, I started seeing the "*** any key to shutdown" at the top left of the screen along with the regular splash screen.

I never had a problem like this using Windows. This time I wanted to try it on Ubuntu and now it's likely that I have to send the phone to warranty to Deutsche Telekom, where I bought the phone from.

Either Windows or Ubuntu won't detect the phone at all.
seems to be common problem on this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to this unbrick tutorial

NB: I state immediately that i'm not responsible for any damage that occurs on your phone. This process worked for my Nothing Phone on 1.1.3, but maybe not on yours.
    I do not suggest following this tutorial if you are on 1.1.4 but since your phone is already out of usage, you can try on your own.

In the next lines we will see how to restore our device to its original factory conditions, after unlocking the Bootloader. Note that all your data will be lost.

You are missing some of the phone partitions? This might solve your issue.

Let's begin!

MATERIAL REQUIRED :
    Latest platform tools correctly installed Link
    - Unlocked bootloader both classic and critical unlock Link
    - Sh4ttered Tool (download the version that matches the version you are trying to restore when you bricked your phone ) Link
    - Super partition listed in post #2 and corresponding to your device version and region
    - PC with Microsoft Windows 7-8-8.1-10-11
    - USB type C cable
    - Drivers of Nothing Phone installed

STEP 1 : Prepare everything

Extract the super partition from the zip to the platform tools folder and rename it super.img. Boot your device into Fastboot mode through power + Vol -
    Once into fastboot mode, launch a CMD window into your platform tool folder by typing cmd in the search bar of your platform tool folder.
    Then, connect your phone to the computer and type the command :

If a line appears, your phone is correctly connected.

Type the command :

fastboot flash super super.img

If it flashed correctly, you should see something like this :
    C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash super super.img
    Invalid sparse file format at header magic
    Sending sparse 'super' 1/9 (786428 KB) OKAY [ 19.574s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.013s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 2/9 (786428 KB) OKAY [ 19.587s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.018s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 3/9 (786428 KB) OKAY [ 19.609s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.012s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 4/9 (698716 KB) OKAY [ 17.393s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.012s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 5/9 (765968 KB) OKAY [ 19.103s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.010s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 6/9 (763420 KB) OKAY [ 19.074s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.017s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 7/9 (786097 KB) OKAY [ 19.636s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.009s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 8/9 (786089 KB) OKAY [ 19.745s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 0.029s]
    Sending sparse 'super' 9/9 (102406 KB) OKAY [ 2.853s]
    Writing 'super' OKAY [ 6.798s]
    Finished. Total time: 167.087s

Once that step is done, your phone has now working super partitions.

STEP 2 : Flash stock firmware

After flashing super.img, you have to flash all the left partitions. For that, with powershell, run the Download.ps1 made by Sh4ttered and downloaded earlier.

Download the correct region and version of the firmware.

Once the Firmware is downloaded, you should see a new fw.zip

Run the flash_all.bat script, it should flash all the partitions without issues.

If something went wrong, tell me in the comment section.

Then, your device should reboot.

STEP 3 : Check your slots

If your device is still not booting, simply change the slot you're on with the following commands :

fastboot reboot fastboot

You should reboot into fastbootd.

Then use :

Look for the line where it says current-slot and it will tell you if it's A slot or B slot

Once you know on wich slot you are, try booting on the other one by running this last command :

fastboot set_active b
    If you're on a slot, or :

fastboot set_active a
    If you're on b slot.

Reboot your phone after that, and you should boot normally.

If not, let me know your issues in the comments by posting your logs and explaining me where you had an error.
    Sorry for my bad english sometimes

Huge thanks to XDA Community, ssut for payload-dumper-go, Sh4ttered and his team for his tool.
    That's perfect, thanks, i'll update the post tonight
    Welcome to this unbrick tutorial

This tutorial is EEA only at the moment

NB: I state immediately that i'm not responsible for any damage that occurs on your phone. This process worked for my Nothing Phone on 1.1.3, but maybe not on yours.
    I do not suggest following this tutorial if you are on 1.1.4 but since your phone is already out of usage, you can try on your own.

In the next lines we will see how to restore our device to its original factory conditions, after unlocking the Bootloader. Note that all your data will be lost.

You are missing some of the phone partitions? This might solve your issue.

Let's begin!

MATERIAL REQUIRED :
    Latest platform tools correctly installed Link
    Unlocked bootloader both classic and critical unlock Link
    Sh4ttered Tool (the 1.1.3 update!! for now as I don't have a super partition backup for both 1.1.4 or 1.1.3 Global) Link
    1.1.3 super partition (EEA Only at the moment, feel free to share a Global one in the comments) Link
    PC with Microsoft Windows 7-8-8.1-10-11
    USB type C cable
    Drivers of Nothing Phone installed

STEP 1 : Prepare everything

Extract the super partition from the zip to the platform tools folder and rename it super.img. Boot your device into Fastboot mode through power + Vol -
    Once into fastboot mode, launch a CMD window into your platform tool folder by typing cmd in the search bar of your platform tool folder.
    Then, connect your phone to the computer and type the command :

If a line appears, your phone is correctly connected.

Type the command :

If it flashed correctly, you should see something like this :

Once that step is done, your phone has now working super partitions.

STEP 2 : Flash stock firmware

After flashing super.img, you have to flash all the left partitions. For that, Run the Download.ps1 with powershell and download the 1.1.3 EEA made by Sh4ttered and downloaded earlier.

Once the Firmware is downloaded, you should see a new fw.zip

Run the flash_all.bat script, it should flash all the partitions without issues.

If something went wrong, tell me in the comment section.

Then, your device should reboot.

STEP 3 : Check your slots

If your device is still not booting, simply change the slot you're on with the following commands :

You should reboot into fastbootd.

Then use :

Look for the line where it says current-slot and it will tell you if it's A slot or B slot

Once you know on wich slot you are, try booting on the other one by running this last command :

If you're on a slot, or :

If you're on b slot.

Reboot your phone after that, and you should boot normally.

If not, let me know your issues in the comments by posting your logs and explaining me where you had an error.
    Sorry for my bad english sometimes

Huge thanks to XDA Community, ssut for payload-dumper-go, Sh4ttered and his team for his tool.
    very good man, I'm busy rn so it's sooo good that you wrote this for everyone, thanks!

try it

YouTube
    link(Japanese)
    Awesome thank you. The super.img is the key to unbrick our NP1. This is the key to more modding.
    D
    Deleted member 11872899
    What's the name of the app?

This one for example.