• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely

Search This thread

bilmans

Sep 26, 2021
Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Reload the OS. Or try to reset to a restore point before it was installed.
Always make a cloned copy of the OS disk before you install antivirus and other nuisance apps.
This is why...

Reactions: orb_selektor

andry559

Oct 1, 2021
Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance.
It is quite difficult to uninstall Avast antivirus completely. The same happened to me. It comes back after uninstalling. To completely uninstall it requires some tricky steps.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Can anyone from you guys help me in this problem?
I don't think you comprehend the magnitude of the problem. There are dozens, probably hundreds of Registry entries that need to be found, deleted or edited to fully remove it. You'll likely damage the Registry in the process.
A reg cleaner app may get a lot of them but it may also damage the Registry.

Could ask the Antivirus company for guidance but I doubt they will help.

Been here, done this. Lol it was probably regedit caused crash&burn #19🤣
I don't discourage exploring and doing regedits but even a small mistake here can have big consequences next boot up.

Reactions: andry559
Just open taskmgr and find the file location of avast.exe. Now either you can make a force turn off .bat that will disable file running in that folder or with reg keys. You can uninstall it with iobit uninstaller and geek uninstaller too. If some drivers are left over make sure to delete them with Device Remover.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Just open taskmgr and find the file location of avast.exe. Now either you can make a force turn off .bat that will disable file running in that folder or with reg keys. You can uninstall it with iobit uninstaller and geek uninstaller too. If some drivers are left over make sure to delete them with Device Remover.
More than likely it will gum up the registry up until reloaded. The OS will never be as good as a clean load. There's simply too much to remove... if you can find it all, which you won't.
A Reg cleaner can easily damage the Registry enough to slow performance... or worse.
PC is not near as forgiving as Android uninstalls especially with a monster like this.
It might as well be malware... a reload is the best solution for an optimum outcome.

More than likely it will gum up the registry up until reloaded. The OS will never be as good as a clean load. There's simply too much to remove... if you can find it all, which you won't.
A Reg cleaner can easily damage the Registry enough to slow performance... or worse.
PC is not near as forgiving as Android uninstalls especially with a monster like this.
It might as well be malware... a reload is the best solution for an optimum outcome.
I know that it isn't as android. You can disable running files in a folder using a .bat file (use to use thoes for nvidia gpu drivers) disabeling a file to run through registry will work too because you woun't be able to uninstall it while it's running. It may also depend on stuff like explorer.exe and winlogon.exe and it's own services.
AND NEVER USE A REGISTRY CLEARNER

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I make a custom install for my self. When I set everything up I delete the recovery partition and clone the OS.
My last laptop I upgraded the hdd then simply cloned the old hdd to the new one. The old hdd serves as the backup copy of the OS.
There's been 2 hhd upgrades actually so the first one is as it was when new still missing some needed Dell drivers/system apks.
Yeah, always label and date your backup hdds🤣

Reactions: LAST_krypton
My last laptop I upgraded the hdd then simply cloned the old hdd to the new one. The old hdd serves as the backup copy of the OS.
There's been 2 hhd upgrades actually so the first one is as it was when new still missing some needed Dell drivers/system apks.
Yeah, always label and date your backup hdds🤣
I wouldn't make backups often. Before I even started doing android, I was doing windows tweaking, programing, motherboard bios moding, overclocking... I think I had and still have the lowest of the lowest DPC latency on a AMD ZEN 2 CPU!!!. People were telling me thats fake, but in reality it wasn't and it was just me spending countles hours on testing and makeing modifications to my PC. Sadly iv done to much to my motherboard and it barely works now. Flashed new BIOS on both MAIN and SECONDERY bios_chips and still, barely boots, booting in to MAIN bios_chip doesn't work even with fresh bios, secondery bios resets MAIN bios_chip on every boot. No wonder that stuff happend, liquid metal got everywhere on the board, something probably burned because how high OCs I was running.

RAM: corrsair vengance lpx 3200mhz cl 16
my modifications to ram: 1T, 3800mhz, cl13 or cl14 (i don't remember), 1.5V on DRAM. It was running perfect. (don't remember SOC voltages)
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Laped and I don't remember what speeds I was running. probably could find some screenshots
GPU: rx 580 8gb gddr5
my modifications: core clock 1600mhz, mem clock 2400mhz, my custom v bios, higher voltages and power limits, and I even pushed the speeds of the fans. Liquid metal insted of thermal paster for better cooling.
Motherboard: gigabyte x470 aourus ultra
has a lot of issues.

Now doing android to get a break from all of this, it's just too much some times.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn't make backups often. Before I even started doing android, I was doing windows tweaking, programing, motherboard bios moding, overclocking... I think I had and still have the lowest of the lowest DPC latency on a AMD ZEN 2 CPU!!!. People were telling me thats fake, but in reality it wasn't and it was just me spending countles hours on testing and makeing modifications to my PC. Sadly iv done to much to my motherboard and it barely works now. Flashed new BIOS on both MAIN and SECONDERY bios_chips and still, barely boots, booting in to MAIN bios_chip doesn't work even with fresh bios, secondery bios resets MAIN bios_chip on every boot. No wonder that stuff happend, liquid metal got everywhere on the board, something probably burned because how high OCs I was running.

RAM: corrsair vengance lpx 3200mhz cl 16
my modifications to ram: 1T, 3800mhz, cl13 or cl14 (i don't remember), 1.5V on DRAM. It was running perfect. (don't remember SOC voltages)
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Laped and I don't remember what speeds I was running. probably could find some screenshots
GPU: rx 580 8gb gddr5
my modifications: core clock 1600mhz, mem clock 2400mhz, my custom v bios, higher voltages and power limits, and I even pushed the speeds of the fans. Liquid metal insted of thermal paster for better cooling.
Motherboard: gigabyte x470 aourus ultra
has a lot of issues.

Now doing android to get a break from all of this, it's just too much some times.

PCs are gravity well for time once you start playing with them.
The less you touch the mobo the better, just keep it clean. Meh, live and learn.

Pretty much why I ran a stock N10+, very little maintenance. More use and less abuse.
My current load is 1.5 years old, still running fast and stable. The maintenance I do is minimal.
My oldest, most stable OS load ever... what's not to like?
It's not like I baby it; I just try to avoid making stupid mistakes. Track down issues when they occur as will happen on any platform.

PCs are gravity well for time once you start playing with them.
The less you touch the mobo the better, just keep it clean. Meh, live and learn.

Pretty much why I ran a stock N10+, very little maintenance. More use and less abuse.
My current load is 1.5 years old, still running fast and stable. The maintenance I do is minimal.
My oldest, most stable OS load ever... what's not to like?
It's not like I baby it; I just try to avoid making stupid mistakes. Track down issues when they occur as will happen on any platform.
Everyone says that. But this opens up a whole new world what I was doing, it is really interesting and you learn a lot from that. I got much better scores with my PC and I can't be more greatful for what I have done. It does take time, is very interesting and you can profit fom it like I did, only If you don't spread liquid metal over the whole borad as i did (happend on acident)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Everyone says that. But this opens up a whole new world what I was doing, it is really interesting and you learn a lot from that. I got much better scores with my PC and I can't be more greatful for what I have done. It does take time, is very interesting and you can profit fom it like I did, only If you don't spread liquid metal over the whole borad as i did (happend on acident)
I enjoyed building custom riggs. The thing about heatsink compounds is a little bit goes a long way. The silver stuff can make a huge mess... easily. Anhydrous isopropyl alcohol can be used to clean it up.

I enjoyed building custom riggs. The thing about heatsink compounds is a little bit goes a long way. The silver stuff can make a huge mess... easily. Anhydrous isopropyl alcohol can be used to clean it up.
Yea I did clean it. But how it happend can't be dumber, so I was putting some on the CPU and when I fired up the rig liquid metal just started splasheing all over the board. Probably because the heatsink wasn't screwed down copleatly or was putting to much pressure. There was even some in the socket, cleaned it with alcohol and worked just fine.

• Haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reload the OS. Or try to reset to a restore point before it was installed.
    Always make a cloned copy of the OS disk before you install antivirus and other nuisance apps.
    This is why...
    And welcome to XDA
    Can anyone from you guys help me in this problem?
    I don't think you comprehend the magnitude of the problem. There are dozens, probably hundreds of Registry entries that need to be found, deleted or edited to fully remove it. You'll likely damage the Registry in the process.
    A reg cleaner app may get a lot of them but it may also damage the Registry.

Could ask the Antivirus company for guidance but I doubt they will help.

Been here, done this. Lol it was probably regedit caused crash&burn #19🤣
    I don't discourage exploring and doing regedits but even a small mistake here can have big consequences next boot up.
    It is quite difficult to uninstall Avast antivirus completely. The same happened to me. It comes back after uninstalling. To completely uninstall it requires some tricky steps.
    For reloads I always use a cloned copy of the OS that was configured but has few 3rd party loaded. Never any antivirus.
    Haven't had to manually load a OS in over a decade.
    I make a custom install for my self. When I set everything up I delete the recovery partition and clone the OS.