How to uninstall One UI 3.1 (Android 11) Update?

Search This thread

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I recently updated to One UI 3.1 and it's performing much worse than it was on Android 10, especially with one of my games constantly crashing when trying to enter the main menu.

I want to know if there's a way to revert the update somehow... so that at least I can get things keep running for the time being until GSIs can be made working.

EDIT: Okay... I finally managed to log back in to the game in question after about 100 tries over the past hour... what an effort... it's getting more and more difficult to login lately...

EDIT 2: Guess I'm asking for the impossible... and as for the game in question, I suspect it was a known Unity-related issue caused by permission changes introduced in Android 11. I'm considering rooting the device to test if that's the case as I cannot just grant the permission since the app itself didn't declare it in the manifest. But in overall, it doesn't change the fact that the tablet is performing much worse on Android 11 than it was on Android 10.

EDIT 3: It seems even with root I cannot grant a permission an app didn't request... so I really can't test if the permission in question is indeed the cause of the crashes...

EDIT 4: Downgrading is no longer possible since build BUC1. Samsung has incremented SW REV on this build so you can no longer downgrade once you upgraded past this version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmox_

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    I recently updated to One UI 3.1 and it's performing much worse than it was on Android 10, especially with one of my games constantly crashing when trying to enter the main menu.

I want to know if there's a way to revert the update somehow... so that at least I can get things keep running for the time being until GSIs can be made working.

EDIT: Okay... I finally managed to log back in to the game in question after about 100 tries over the past hour... what an effort... it's getting more and more difficult to login lately...

EDIT 2: Guess I'm asking for the impossible... and as for the game in question, I suspect it was a known Unity-related issue caused by permission changes introduced in Android 11. I'm considering rooting the device to test if that's the case as I cannot just grant the permission since the app itself didn't declare it in the manifest. But in overall, it doesn't change the fact that the tablet is performing much worse on Android 11 than it was on Android 10.

EDIT 3: It seems even with root I cannot grant a permission an app didn't request... so I really can't test if the permission in question is indeed the cause of the crashes...
    Most apps should work fine on Android 11, but some may have issues and need updates.
    Downgrading to Android 10 is technically possible. Download the Android 10 firmware and flash it with Odin on a PC via USB cable to your device.
    But I would prefer running on the newest firmware version and trying to get an update of the app. And there will be updated if Android 11, too ... which optimizations of stability, performance, etc.

Reactions: LSS4181

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
    Google Pixel C
    Razer Phone 2
    Most apps should work fine on Android 11, but some may have issues and need updates.
    Downgrading to Android 10 is technically possible. Download the Android 10 firmware and flash it with Odin on a PC via USB cable to your device.
    But I would prefer running on the newest firmware version and trying to get an update of the app. And there will be updated if Android 11, too ... which optimizations of stability, performance, etc.

Thanks, but it's not really that relevant now as the crashing issue was finally fixed by the developer.

However, on Android 11 things are indeed performing worse than on Android 10. Frame rates are much lower, and touch issues (erratic or sudden delay/loss of touches) become more frequent. Ironically, when I used GPUWatch (from Developer Options) to diagnose the sluggish frame rates, I found that neither CPU nor GPU was maxing out while playing.

Now that I've rooted, I'm considering looking for some alternatives as the stock ROM is indeed terrible regardless (a good example would be that it's tough to take logcats here, as the system itself spams logs at an incredible rate I've never seen before). However, I'm yet to get a GSI to boot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT 4: Downgrading is no longer possible since build BUC1. Samsung has incremented SW REV on this build so you can no longer downgrade once you upgraded past this version.