How to unlock any Huawei Bootloader after removal of unlock page including Mate SE

Search This thread

Wh1t3Rose

Hello All!

I was disappointed when I received my Huawei Mate SE BND-L34 (USA) 2 days ago that I could not unlock the bootloader because Huawei removed the unlock page from their website. Even after talking to support via live chat and email I could not get any help from them. So I decided to do my own research.

DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE! THIS INCLUDES INTERNAL STORAGE!
I am not responsible for any lost data or bricked devices!

Getting your Unlock Code:

1. First you need to go to https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ and register for an account. Do not download their software!

2. Instead download the software at https://hcu-client.com/

3. Install drivers via HiSuite if you have not.

4. View the supported devices page. Now the Mate SE is not listed as a supported device but it did work for my device (Mate SE).

5. Make sure your drivers are installed via HiSuite.

6. Now go into https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy and buy 4 credits. This is needed for the software. Cost is 4 EUR ($5)

7. Launch HCU-Client and connect your phone.

8. Open the dialer on your phone and enter *#*#2846579#*#* select “Background settings”, “USB ports settings”, “Manufacture mode”.

9. Now in HCU Client log into your account (Check your Email for info) click Read Phone Info.

10. Go to Unlock tab and choose Read Bootloader code. It says it will wipe your device but mine did not get wiped until I unlocked my phone. This will take a couple of minutes. Watch the right terminal window. It should spit out your code.

Using your Unlock Code:

1. Turn off your phone, Boot your device into Fastboot mode with Vol down and power button.

2. CD to where you downloaded ADB/Fastboot Tools

Run these commands when inside ADB tools directory
a) fastboot devices. (your device should bee listed. If not reinstall drivers/reboot)
b) fastboot oem get-bootinfo (just to confirm everything is detected correctly
c) fastboot oem unlock <your_unlock_code>

3. Acknowledge the prompt on your phone. Device will be WIPED!

4. Once the wipe finishes it will take several minutes for phone to boot up. Do not panic. Once you See Huawei logo you are OK!

To root your Mate SE and Install TWRP follow this guide: http://www.desinerd.co.in/how-to-huawei-mate-se-root-twrp-recovery/
Do not use the Magisk Zip in that post. Instead grab it from here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Last edited:

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
Stupid program won't run on my computer. Saw someone else on the dc-unlocker forums with the same problem. They linked a version to download but the link is dead now. I think this phone really wants to be returned.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Wh1t3Rose

Stupid program won't run on my computer. Saw someone else on the dc-unlocker forums with the same problem. They linked a version to download but the link is dead now. I think this phone really wants to be returned.
You can try DC-locker instead of HCU-Client. I just find HCU easier to use.

Are u on Windows 10? If not make sure you have latest. NET Framework installed. Try running in compatibility mode.

Reactions: waze magma

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
You can try DC-locker instead of HCU-Client. I just find HCU easier to use.

Are u on Windows 10? If not make sure you have latest. NET Framework installed. Try running in compatibility mode.
Yes, Win 10. DC-unlocker link in the Android app shows 7x BND-L34 as compatible but it's not in the drop-down box of the Windows app and doesn't get autodetected :).

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mohossam39

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
The DC-unlocker problems were my fault. After getting the drivers right, it detected my phone and pulled the unlock code.

Reactions: Wh1t3Rose

Barinthos

Feb 11, 2011
Logged into this account for the first time in YEARS just to say thanks a lot for this. I was pretty gutted when I found that Huawei removed their Unlock link and refused to give codes to anyone even via support emails.

I was super hesitant to try this though, I'll admit. Spending money on what (to me) looked like a shady site was the biggest red flag. But decided to bite the bullet and do it.

The only issue I had was that my phone DID get shut down after the bootloader code was read, which caused ADB not to be able to read my phone (adb devices) for some reason. So I had to turn it on, reboot fastboot via adb and then proceed from there. But that was the only issue I had.

So again, thanks a ton for this. :good:

Reactions: Wh1t3Rose

Vevima

Apr 22, 2018
Got problems making this work. Hope you don't mind helping an Android newbie.
Step 7 is to "start client". On Windows 10 I had to disable the virus scan just to see the HCU.exe from the extract. When I click on it I get "This application was unable to start correctly 0xc150002". Ideas? A previous step is to install drivers. I downloaded HiSuite and and made sure I could connect to my device. Does "installing drivers" mean something more ? Thanks.

Last edited:

Wh1t3Rose

Step 7 is to "start client". On Windows 10 I had to disable the virus scan just to see the HCU.exe from the extract. When I click on it I get "This application was unable to start correctly 0xc150002". Ideas? A previous step is to install drivers. I downloaded HiSuite and and made sure I could connect to my device. Does "installing drivers" mean something more ? Thanks.
Nope you are good on the drivers. Nothing else to be done.

As for the error code I recommend disable your Anti-virus and the built in Windows Defender and then re-downloading the program. If it still doesn't work you can try the DC-unlocker program instead of HCU-Client. It should work I just have only used HCU-CLIENT.

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
I had the same problem. I used dc-unlocker instead.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Vevima

Apr 22, 2018
Finally got my unlock code! Many thanks to Sandman-007 and foltz61 for their help.
Following instructions from #1 of this thread, I could not (like others here) get the hcu client working on my PC. So here are my instructions on using DC-unlocker instead:

1. Go to consumer.huawei.com / minisite / HiSuite_en/
Download HiSuite. Install it on PC. Connect Phone to PC. In HiSuite click connect to my device.
(May have to enter Developper Mode on Phone: Settings>About Phone>Tap 7 times on your Build number. Enable USB debugging.)

2. Go to www .dc-unlocker .com / buy
Item : New user account, User name you want, Your email, Credits: 4
They will send you a email with a username and password you will need later ...

3. Go to www .dc-unlocker .com / downloads
Download DC-unlocker client to PC. Install it.

4. With Phone still connect to PC, use phone dialer enter *#*#2846579#*#*
Select “Background settings”, “USB ports settings”, “Manufacture mode”.

5. Now start the dc-unlocker client on the PC.
Enter: Huawei Phones (not modems) + Auto Detect + Click Search Icon. You will then see some on your phone info.

6. Click on "Server" and enter your username and password from the email you got at step 2.

7. Click on "Unlocking" + Read Boodloading code. Voila! Copy paste your code somewhere safe!
After giving me my code, my phone shut down. I just re-started it and all was fine.

(To get a better idea, the youtube video v=Lgph755EbKEcovers steps 4 to 7.)

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I just did some searching, in my backup images. And I found the unlock code inside the "splash2.img"
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19

Still looking into possible ways to read this from inside the phone, and from locked phone too.

NVM, I think splash2.img is just some type of log file

Last edited:
Reactions: halilyildiz

SimpleRick

Apr 28, 2018
Is there any other way to get the bootloader unlock code? I tried to buy credits and they refunded me because my paypal is not verified.
Or does anybody out there have a license and would be willing to run my IMEI to get my code? I am at a loss of what else to do.

Wh1t3Rose

Is there any other way to get the bootloader unlock code? I tried to buy credits and they refunded me because my paypal is not verified.
Or does anybody out there have a license and would be willing to run my IMEI to get my code? I am at a loss of what else to do.
Why don't you just verify your PayPal or use a credit card?

Someone can't just run your IMEI to get an unlock code. Only way is if they reprogram their device to use your IMEI. That's illegal.

You should NEVER under any circumstances just hand it out. Especially with this tool. Someone with this tool could steal your IMEI and knock you offline.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All!

I was disappointed when I received my Huawei Mate SE BND-L34 (USA) 2 days ago that I could not unlock the bootloader because Huawei removed the unlock page from their website. Even after talking to support via live chat and email I could not get any help from them. So I decided to do my own research.

DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE! THIS INCLUDES INTERNAL STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any lost data or bricked devices!

Getting your Unlock Code:

1. First you need to go to https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ and register for an account. Do not download their software!

2. Instead download the software at https://hcu-client.com/

3. Install drivers via HiSuite if you have not.

4. View the supported devices page. Now the Mate SE is not listed as a supported device but it did work for my device (Mate SE).

5. Make sure your drivers are installed via HiSuite.

6. Now go into https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy and buy 4 credits. This is needed for the software. Cost is 4 EUR ($5)

7. Launch HCU-Client and connect your phone.

8. Open the dialer on your phone and enter *#*#2846579#*#* select “Background settings”, “USB ports settings”, “Manufacture mode”.

9. Now in HCU Client log into your account (Check your Email for info) click Read Phone Info.

10. Go to Unlock tab and choose Read Bootloader code. It says it will wipe your device but mine did not get wiped until I unlocked my phone. This will take a couple of minutes. Watch the right terminal window. It should spit out your code.

Using your Unlock Code:

1. Turn off your phone, Boot your device into Fastboot mode with Vol down and power button.

2. CD to where you downloaded ADB/Fastboot Tools

Run these commands when inside ADB tools directory
    a) fastboot devices. (your device should bee listed. If not reinstall drivers/reboot)
    b) fastboot oem get-bootinfo (just to confirm everything is detected correctly
    c) fastboot oem unlock <your_unlock_code>

3. Acknowledge the prompt on your phone. Device will be WIPED!

4. Once the wipe finishes it will take several minutes for phone to boot up. Do not panic. Once you See Huawei logo you are OK!

To root your Mate SE and Install TWRP follow this guide: http://www.desinerd.co.in/how-to-huawei-mate-se-root-twrp-recovery/
    Do not use the Magisk Zip in that post. Instead grab it from here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    Finally got my unlock code! Many thanks to Sandman-007 and foltz61 for their help.
    Following instructions from #1 of this thread, I could not (like others here) get the hcu client working on my PC. So here are my instructions on using DC-unlocker instead:

1. Go to consumer.huawei.com / minisite / HiSuite_en/
    Download HiSuite. Install it on PC. Connect Phone to PC. In HiSuite click connect to my device.
    (May have to enter Developper Mode on Phone: Settings>About Phone>Tap 7 times on your Build number. Enable USB debugging.)

2. Go to www .dc-unlocker .com / buy
    Item : New user account, User name you want, Your email, Credits: 4
    They will send you a email with a username and password you will need later ...

3. Go to www .dc-unlocker .com / downloads
    Download DC-unlocker client to PC. Install it.

4. With Phone still connect to PC, use phone dialer enter *#*#2846579#*#*
    Select “Background settings”, “USB ports settings”, “Manufacture mode”.

5. Now start the dc-unlocker client on the PC.
    Enter: Huawei Phones (not modems) + Auto Detect + Click Search Icon. You will then see some on your phone info.

6. Click on "Server" and enter your username and password from the email you got at step 2.

7. Click on "Unlocking" + Read Boodloading code. Voila! Copy paste your code somewhere safe!
    After giving me my code, my phone shut down. I just re-started it and all was fine.

(To get a better idea, the youtube video v=Lgph755EbKEcovers steps 4 to 7.)
    Looks like we can get codes again.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGwoQ44zqykuTfjCQrVP07JOHBYnBcAxAbz9SAVxPTFqMh9g/viewform

I filled it out I'll let you guys know if I get a code.

Update, they already sent me an unlock code, took let than 6 hours.
    Install the DC-unlocker app from Google play store and buy them through that.

Honor USA has a post up on twitter that says they are working on the issue of not having an unlock website , and in the meantime have made a form to submit request, and have about a 24HR turn around time on getting you the unlock code.

https://twitter.com/Honor_USA/status/991726131299717122?s=19