How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Lg G8x + (also a Video Guide)

Search This thread

haxnoob

Jan 29, 2023
Serbia
LG G8X ThinQ

Chris3445

Jan 22, 2023

haxnoob

Jan 29, 2023
Serbia
LG G8X ThinQ
Magisk patched boot for lg850um 20p
instructions:
boot to EDL
use the prog_ufs_firehose_sm8150_lge.elf for programmer file
select tools > partition manager
flash the magisk patched to both boot_a and boot_b

this is my first time using QFIL to unlock bootloader and root, if you have any problems, please reply back
I highly suggest people to make their own Magisk boot file using the Magisk app, as the last couple of times I used someone else's Magisk file, the Camera app broke, audio wasn't working at all, and I think my Phone froze a couple of times.

robnitro

Feb 21, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
Samsung Galaxy S21
It's been a while since rooting with 20j, Android 10.
Phone has been sitting in a box, now I wish to use it for my car as a media/ navigation device. The g7 I use now is worn 😂

I was wondering if the Android 11 releases, 40a would be rootable in the same way.

Here's the firmware list, click to sort by date.

GameTesterDev

Jul 16, 2017

xthakila

Dec 4, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Is there any way to unlock and root V40b

never mind figured it out.

follow

and

incase fastboot is not loading manually select the legacy adb driver in device management.

Last edited:

BackOfTheNet

Apr 8, 2021
Is there any way to unlock and root V40b

never mind figured it out.

follow

and

incase fastboot is not loading manually select the legacy adb driver in device management.
I'm wanting to root mine, even after all this time. Does this still apply for the 40b version of this phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All fix avilable (no network solved)

Watch it carefully
    do it step by step as showen in my video you will never brick if you follow my video :):love:

All required files are in the video description

This guide Tested on the firmware (20e ,20c,20d) (if you didn't see your firmware don't worry leave a command , I will help you ! )

How to check the frimware:
    * Go to Settings - >System -> About phone -> sofware version ( eg: V20e-IND-XX so use 20e rootboot file)

All required files are in the video description

watch it in 720p only 40 mb

subscribe for more lg g8x content !!!
    (y)

If any issue let me know i will help you with that:)
    looks like your device is not a 20e firmware (audio not work,cant make a call ,ui crash) i will help you to root just share the boot_a img (stock)

Hello,

I have the exact same issues. Didn't notice the Indian variant on Magisk in the Root guide, and ended up with an unusable phone.

You say boot_a image stock, do you mean from before the whole process? I unfortunately didn't back up this particular partition..

Boot.zip contains the boot.img file pulled from the kdz of the US G850 20b.I don't know if this is useful, but I got it...

ReadData_.ufs_Lun4_...... is the boot_a file pulled from my phone after I turned it into a buggy mess 😅 I also don't know if this helps, but I do need help getting my phone working again if you'd be so kind. This is NOT the boot_b flashed as boot_a like mentioned in the video.
    Hello,

I have the exact same issues. Didn't notice the Indian variant on Magisk in the Root guide, and ended up with an unusable phone.

You say boot_a image stock, do you mean from before the whole process? I unfortunately didn't back up this particular partition..

Boot.zip contains the boot.img file pulled from the kdz of the US G850 20b.I don't know if this is useful, but I got it...

ReadData_.ufs_Lun4_...... is the boot_a file pulled from my phone after I turned it into a buggy mess 😅 I also don't know if this helps, but I do need help getting my phone working again if you'd be so kind. This is NOT the boot_b flashed as boot_a like mentioned in the video.
    The one you provided was not help ,Give me the stock boot_a img (download the whole kdz and extract the boot_a.img)
    Thank you, here is the boot_a.img

EDIT: I have potentially good news! I was completely stuck in a boot loop, but using the files from the KDZ (modem_a, modem_b, boot_a,boot_b, abl_a, and abl_b) and pushed them each with fastboot. The device restarted (with sound!) and it is resetting to stock now. We'll see what happens!