How to unlock bootloader and root the LG Stylo 6 and K51 K61 and other K model LG devices

Search This thread

Smilez4

Jul 7, 2022
didnt take the full back only the one that more that separate each files and also i want to know this last thing
if iwanted to flash boot a first then boot b what would be the command ?

Jaguar_90

Jan 9, 2023
You can flash both together, if You wont, simply enter the part of the comand refered to the selected slot (a or b)

Smilez4

Jul 7, 2022
thanks going try now
"python mtk w boot_a,boot_b patched_a.img,patched_b.img
is this written right with the comma between img and patched -b?

Smilez4

Jul 7, 2022

Attachments

• 69A7B0A5-FE7E-4B91-B693-F6CCC0E77FBA.jpeg
    69A7B0A5-FE7E-4B91-B693-F6CCC0E77FBA.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 39
  • D547F3CC-4408-43AD-BDA5-BF3A84979720.jpeg
    D547F3CC-4408-43AD-BDA5-BF3A84979720.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 38

kj7822

Feb 7, 2023
Ok so I have successfully rooted with this method... kinda. I had zero luck with windows. installed a fresh version of linux mint and had no problem connecting at all. the syntax was a little different but it worked. also as op noted in a comment the readme is very helpful for mtk. this phone really is a pain tho. i have root but i still have no access to bootloader despite it being unlocked. i always get a message about system corruption and then the phone boots. I tried installing xposed framework but soon discovered Verified Boot (dm-verity) is active. device will not boot if system partition is modified. I read an article that showed a screenshot of magisk version 20.3 that had advanced options which allowed you to patch the boot.img but i dont have that option. can I install the old version from gh to gain this funtionality?

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Ok so I have successfully rooted with this method... kinda. I had zero luck with windows. installed a fresh version of linux mint and had no problem connecting at all. the syntax was a little different but it worked. also as op noted in a comment the readme is very helpful for mtk. this phone really is a pain tho. i have root but i still have no access to bootloader despite it being unlocked. i always get a message about system corruption and then the phone boots. I tried installing xposed framework but soon discovered Verified Boot (dm-verity) is active. device will not boot if system partition is modified. I read an article that showed a screenshot of magisk version 20.3 that had advanced options which allowed you to patch the boot.img but i dont have that option. can I install the old version from gh to gain this funtionality?
you need to flash the empty vbmeta partition as well

Jaguar_90

Jan 9, 2023
print out your partitions here. you might have to flash both vbmeta_a and vbmeta_b
So I need to flash these partition in order to not get the screen of bootloader unlocked?
Those need to be patched by magisk or has to be stock versions?
Tell me if im wrong. My phone works fine, but a want to get rid of that "system corrupted lock the bootloader" every time I turn on the phone

kj7822

Feb 7, 2023
so on linux using "python3 mtk-gui" I can connect easily everytime. i took a full backup before doing anything with the gui. do i need to modify one of these? like i said i saw a version of magisk that had an option to disable verity but my current version doesnt offer that option. could i downgrade to magisk 20.3 without issues? I like access to bl but i really wanted this phone rooted so I could use xposed framework. but i get a warning saying bc of verified boot if i alter /system I wont be able to boot the phone.
1675972815845.png

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
you can't get rid of that screen unless you know which partition to hack. every bl unlocked android phone has it
We don't... ;)
oops my output got cut off a bit but there were no issues unlocking the bootloader through mtkclient for the m250n. only issue is i have no confirmation, not a warning screen or a message in the dev options. i already have temp root through mtk-su so i didnt experiment much further

Okay, tested the mtkclient Live DVD V4 (current) with ...

mixeddd

Feb 12, 2023
in my cmd prompt it says "

Port - Hint:

Power off the phone before connecting.
For brom mode, press and hold vol up, vol dwn, or all hw buttons and connect usb.
For preloader mode, don't press any hw button and connect usb.
If it is already connected and on, hold power for 10 seconds to reset."

this is during a backup. is it supposed to happen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STYLO 6 MTKCLIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING, BACKING UP, UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER, AND ROOTING ON WINDOWS 10/11:

!!!WARNING!!! ATTEMPT THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, READ THE FULL TUTORIAL BEFORE YOU START!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES! THIS PROCESS IS NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED PLEASE HAVE ADB COMMANDS KNOWLEDGE BEFORE TRYING TO ATTEMPT!!

THIS PROCESS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA SO BE PREPARED FOR THE FACTORY RESET TO BE FORCED BEFORE YOU CAN BOOT THE PHONE!!!

DOWNLOADS:
    1. Download Python from here "https://www.python.org/downloads/"
    2. Download USBDK here "https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases/download/v1.00-22/UsbDk_1.0.22_x64.msi"
    3. Download mtkclient here "https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient"
    4. Download SP Flash Tool here "https://www.mediafire.com/file/kyoksq6kncpg8sg/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2124_Win.zip/file"
    5. Download Magisk APK here "https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases"

INSTALLATION:
    1. Install Python (select "Add Python X.X to PATH")
    2. Install USBDK
    3. Install Mtkclient- While in the mtkclient folder hold shift and right click and select "Open PowerShell window here" Run this command in that window "python setup.py install" and then run command "pip3 install -r requirements.txt" Mtkclient is now installed correctly.
    4. Install SP Flash Tool and use the Scatter file I provided and the preloader file I provided.
    5. MTK VCOM Drivers need to be installed.

NEED TO KNOW:
    ***For the Stylo 6 to connect you must remove some of the loaders from the mtkclient-main\mtkclient\Loader file leaving MTK_AllInOne_DA_5.2136.bin as the only loader needed. Just highlight the unneeded ones and cut and paste them into the parent folder so you will have them for other devices.

***To run a command you will need to hold shift and right click to open a PowerShell window to use the tool.

***With Mtkclient waiting for the phone to be connected by hitting enter with your command entered, you will also need to click "Download" in SP Flash Tool to cause it to be waiting for the phones connection.

Now that both tools are awaiting the phones connection make sure the phone is completely shut off and plug it in WITHOUT ANY BUTTONS PUSHED! You should now be connected to Mtkclient and the tool will be running the command you entered. If you do not get connected with a couple attempts close out mtkclient powershell window and reopen it.

!!!!!DO NOT UNLOCK OR ROOT THE PHONE BEFORE A PROPER BACK UP OF THE DEVICE IS TAKEN!!!!!

!!!!!DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!!!!

I recommend taking a full flash back up of the phone right off the bat, this will take a couple hours, but for more experienced users there is a backup of each partition separated into each file separately that will work too.

"python mtk rf flash.bin" Is the command to make 1 single full flash file to restore the phone. To restore the phone with that file the command is "python mtk wf flash.bin"
    "python mtk rl out" Is the command that separates each partition into its each individual file and places the files in the out folder, to restore the whole out folder the command is "python mtk wl out" I recommend this backup after unlocking your bootloader so you will have your boot images to use for rooting.

UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER:
    To unlock your bootloader you will first need a full backup to ensure you can recover a bricked device, you will then run these two commands in this order...
    "python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc"
    "python mtk da seccfg unlock"

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED!!!

ROOTING YOUR PHONE:
    Now to root your phone you will need that single partition back up, or at least your boot_a.img or boot_b.img or both. "python mtk r boot_a,boot_b boot_a.img,boot_b.img" this will pull both your boot.img files only 1 is necessary, but both can be used.

!!ATTENTION!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT MIX UP YOUR BOOT_A AND BOOT_B FILES YOU WILL LOOSE WIFI OR BLUETOOTH IF YOU FLASH THEM TO THE WRONG SLOT!!!

You install the Magisk APK to your phone and you patch your boot.img with the app, change their names to patched_a.img and patched_b.img if you do both of them, you then copy them to your computer in the same folder that the mtkclient tool is located. If you have fastboot access you can flash patched_a.img to your phone with these commands... "adb reboot fastboot" then "fastboot flash boot_a patched_a.img" and you can ensure your phone boots to that slot with this command... "fastboot --set-active=a"
    On models without fastboot access, you will need to flash both your patched_a and patched_b.img with mtkclient.
    AGAIN DO NOT MIX THEM UP!!!

"python mtk w boot_a,boot_b patched_a.img,patched_b.img"

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED!!!

NOW MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP!!!
    Many who are not experienced with root can easily brick or send their device into a bootloop. So once you get it successfully rooted I recommend you do another backup, run this command to do that
    "python mtk rf rootedflash.bin"
    that will give your new backup a different name so you can keep them organized. You will be able to restore it right back to where you have a freshly rooted phone.

Tips and Tricks:
    If you have the 2021 December update you may need to flash an older firmware because LG made a patch to mess up the connection with mtkclient!
    To reboot the phone from Brom hold power and volume down buttons until it reboots.
    To boot the phone into recovery hold power and volume down until the phone says booting recovery, from recovery you can shut the phone down to try to connect to mtkclient on failed attempts and to boot into fastboot.

On other devices the SP Flash Tool is not needed, like for instance the K51 doesn't need that step.

Special thanks to Bjoern Kerler for his work on his mtkclient tool that makes this all possible.
    And to the team at Hovatek for working with me.

I am hoping that a twrp is created for this device soon so that all of this will be a safer easier process, but for now you just have to tread lightly with modifications to the phone as many things aren't tested and may cause a bootloop or a bricked device.
    You will lose all data. It forces a factory reset, my tutorial tells it all, the hard part is setting it up, once it's set up correctly it's just running all the commands, sometimes it takes a few attempts to get the phone to connect properly but other than that it's pretty straightforward, you don't gotta worry about bricking it if you make a proper backup first and follow the steps exactly as I've laid them out
    Here is the scatter and preloader file for SP Flash Tool for the Stylo 6
    Too hard to do, lots of errors happen, driver mtk, python....
    I'll help you out if you want to help me with a few files, I'm sure you got a usb redirect and TeamViewer I'll get your stylo 6 up and running
    https://discord.gg/9AnNHzBtZv

I HAVE GOT TO GIVE A SHOUTOUT TO MY DUDE "WARLOCKGUITARMAN" FOR HIS WORK ON THIS TUTORIAL, AND FOR THE DISCORD LINK ABOVE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND KNOWLEGE. I strongly suggest any one with any issues to visit previous mentioned link for support on stylo 6 and just unlocking bootloader or rooting in general.