How to root your Oneplus 3 with a mac !
First, read EVERYTHING and be sure that you understand EVERY STEPS before doing anything.
WARNING : YOU GONNA LOSE EVERYHING ON YOUR PHONE. PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP !
You need :
- Your OP3
- ADB + Fastboot for mac : https://lc.cx/okvn
- Android file transfer ( normally, it gonna be installed during drivers installation)
- Drivers for your OP3
- SuperSU for OP3
- TWRP recovery (in ADB + Fastboot files)
First step : Unlock your bootloader.
1. Unable developer options in your OP3. Tap 7 times on build number (Parameters --> About --> Build number)
2. On developer options, enable USB debugging + Enable OEM unlocking + Advanced reboot
3. Unplug tour OP3 from your computer and reboot it and select bootloader
4. Download and put ADB + Fastboot folder and put it on the the desktop then, extract it (Android folder)
5. On your mac, open a terminal console and put :
6. Follow steps to install ADB and Fastboot
7. Plug your OP3 and put this line on terminal :
Normally, you gonna see a code. This is your phone
8. Close Terminal and re-launch it and put
9. On your phone, use volume key and power key to select yes and continue operation.
10. Your phone gonna factory reset and reboot several times. Wait until they ask language to configure your phone.
11. Enable another time developer options, and check if " Enable OEM unlocking " is enable. If it's not, enable it.
Congratulation, you unlock your bootloader
If you want to root your OP3 :
1. Reboot your phone in fastboot and plug it to your mac
2. On your mac, open a terminal console and put :
3. Your phone gonna reboot. When it's finished, reboot it on recovery
4. Plug your OP3 if you have unplug it and open Android File transfer on your mac
5. Transfer SuperSU file on your OP3
6.Click on Install and choose your SuperSU file.
7.Wait a little bit and, when he say that it's finished, click on return button, and select reboot --> System
Congratulation you have install a custom recovery and root your OP3