• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Unlock Bootloader Of Vivo Phones ?

Search This thread

akashraj26

Nov 15, 2016
Hi!
maxresdefault-e1507640029694.jpg

I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.

So, After a bit of research, here’s what I got :-

Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.

Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.

And That’s Why we need a modified fastboot binary to unlock bootloader of vivo.
vivo_fastboot on Github
WARNING! It’ll void your warranty.

Follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of vivo phones :-
I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below

Download vivo_fastboot For Windows
Downloadvivo_fastboot For Linux

Download : Vivo_fastboot_v2 :- Linux Windows
Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory

Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

If you are using linux then type

sudo ./fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

blunlock.png

If you are using Windows then type

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

Voila ! Your Vivo Phone is now Unlocked.

unlock-e1507644058674.jpg

If You Want to lock it again then just type

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

sudo ./fastboot bbk lock_vivo

UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)

Now you can port and flash twrp recovery and Custom Roms on your vivo devices.

YouTube Video for unlocking vivo bootloader :
Bingo......
UNOFFICIAL CM 12.1 for Vivo y51l is out, Have a look :
Original Thread Here

UPDATE :-
[/
I discovered a new method few months ago, & it works well on new vivo devices:-
This method is unofficial & may brick your device (in 1% cases)
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.
If You are using this method to unlock bootloader, use at your own risk !

Downloads :-
BLUnlocker_v1.zip
QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver.7z
Steps to unlock bootloader :-

1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it :)
2. Install Qualcomm USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
6. Double Click the 'dump_devinfo.bat' file.
7. Enter the port number (from step 5) & press enter
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)
9. Double click 'unlock.bat'

-:Video:-
If all went good, your bootloader is unlocked now!
Thanks me later, go break some eggs !
Peace !

vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot

! GIVE CREDITS IF YOU ARE USING MY WORK !
I am unable to find prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn' file inside downloaded stock firmware of my vivo z1x. Please help me to unlock bootloader.

Muntasir Azim

Feb 22, 2021
Hi!

I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.

Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.

Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.

vivo_fastboot on Github

I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below

Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory

Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it :)
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)

Peace !

vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot

it says
Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmrpRxQO74
Peace !

it says unknown command in my pc

Oct 5, 2016
KUMBAKONAM
My Vivo V9 64 GB This Method Not Working Error

F:\Platform_Tools>fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
fastboot: usage: unknown command bbk

F:\Platform_Tools>fastboot bbk vivo_bsp unlock_vivo
fastboot: usage: unknown command bbk

sunnydavid2444

Mar 12, 2021
Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

Peace !

there are commands and options but not for specifically unlocking bootloader

Baranetharan

Nov 23, 2014
coimbatore
Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

Peace !

Hi, how to root Vivo Y83 Pro and change the recovery to TWRP?
I tried unlocking the OEM in the developer option and run the fastboot file in the terminal(PowerShell), but that is not working.
Is this method working? is there any chance to root the device?
Thanks

Last edited:

King_khan_IT

Mar 20, 2021
Hello bro looked into your research and it's amazing about vivo.
I have sharp aquos r2 and I am unable to unlock bootloader because I am not getting into fastboot mode manually with buttons or through adb. And also I am unable to get into recovery mode plzzz help me out.

Bontersoft

Mar 25, 2021
Praya
bontersoft.blogspot.com
How to unlock bootloader of vivo y71?
This is step to unlock bootloader on vivo Y71....

- First install driver quallqom in your windows x64 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JXBOw4OGYLlR_t1mdchZOHsUj_cAuQ5L/view

- Open developer option in vivo Y71, unlock OEM bootloader and usb debugging

- You must in download mode with testpoint (EDL Mode 9008) and connect your vivo Y71 with usb cable : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i7J0wm4w0AlZ4q72LTyMvKP7s-juVF1B/view

- Run app unlock bootloader fix v2.0 (As Admin) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C8ulxPccUK9cOSkQCqsQmGimWIWPuubG/view

- Done...

Note :
Tools UBL Suppport devices vivo, you can see on screenshot : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eq8HcN_WOhHxfnVZ2nOP8D_926_fUnHL/view

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2016
KUMBAKONAM
This is step to unlock bootloader on vivo Y71....

- First install driver quallqom in your windows x64 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JXBOw4OGYLlR_t1mdchZOHsUj_cAuQ5L/view

- Open developer option in vivo Y71, unlock OEM bootloader and usb debugging

- You must in download mode with testpoin (EDL Mode 9800) and connect your vivo Y71 with usb cable : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i7J0wm4w0AlZ4q72LTyMvKP7s-juVF1B/view

- Run app unlock bootloader fix v2.0 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C8ulxPccUK9cOSkQCqsQmGimWIWPuubG/view

- Done...

Note :
Suppport devices vivo, you can see on screenshot : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eq8HcN_WOhHxfnVZ2nOP8D_926_fUnHL/view
Hello Sir Fix This Links
All Links Show Need Access
[ You need access

Ask for access, or switch to an account with access. ]

schlunk

Dec 17, 2013
how to enter fastboot mode with a vivo air lte?
by pressing power+ vol – buttons you only enter the test menu "essential test, pcba test, test report...etc"
when entering recovery menu via power+ vol + there is also no option to enter fastboot..
if i use adb reboot-bootloader, the phone hangs in the white boot screen after it reboots.

Last edited:

schlunk

Dec 17, 2013

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

everything went according to plan but the dumped devinfo.img is empty?? the complete file is only zeros??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
    Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

Peace !

Enable Oem unlock from developer options

First You have to enable oem unlock from developer options

screenshot_20171018_141830.jpg

Then download the vivo fastboot from the link above
    And follow the steps above.
    Doesn't work on vivo Y53.
    Plz help rooting vivo v7 1718.

Thanks in advance
    vivo v5 lite

hi can you add support vivo v5 lite in your fastboot . currenlty its not working. please help me.