- May 2, 2021
VIVO V7 UNLOCK DONE BY BLUNLOCK BUT MY PHONE IS LOCKED ASKING FOR PASSWORDHi!
I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.
So, After a bit of research, here’s what I got :-
Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.
Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.
And That’s Why we need a modified fastboot binary to unlock bootloader of vivo.
vivo_fastboot on Github
WARNING! It’ll void your warranty.
Follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of vivo phones :-
I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below
Download vivo_fastboot For Windows
Downloadvivo_fastboot For Linux
Download : Vivo_fastboot_v2 :- Linux Windows
Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory
Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.
If you are using linux then type
sudo ./fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
If you are using Windows then type
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
Voila ! Your Vivo Phone is now Unlocked.
If You Want to lock it again then just type
fastboot bbk lock_vivo
In case Of linux type
sudo ./fastboot bbk lock_vivo
UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)
Now you can port and flash twrp recovery and Custom Roms on your vivo devices.
YouTube Video for unlocking vivo bootloader :
UNOFFICIAL CM 12.1 for Vivo y51l is out, Have a look :
Original Thread Here
I discovered a new method few months ago, & it works well on new vivo devices:-
This method is unofficial & may brick your device (in 1% cases)
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.
If You are using this method to unlock bootloader, use at your own risk !
Steps to unlock bootloader :-
1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it
2. Install Qualcomm USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
6. Double Click the 'dump_devinfo.bat' file.
7. Enter the port number (from step 5) & press enter
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)
9. Double click 'unlock.bat'
-:Video:-If all went good, your bootloader is unlocked now!
Thanks me later, go break some eggs !
vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot
! GIVE CREDITS IF YOU ARE USING MY WORK !