• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Unlock Bootloader Of Vivo Phones ?

Search This thread

gopesh.galav

May 2, 2021
Hi!
maxresdefault-e1507640029694.jpg

I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.

So, After a bit of research, here’s what I got :-

Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.

Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.

And That’s Why we need a modified fastboot binary to unlock bootloader of vivo.
vivo_fastboot on Github
WARNING! It’ll void your warranty.

Follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of vivo phones :-
I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below

Download vivo_fastboot For Windows
Downloadvivo_fastboot For Linux

Download : Vivo_fastboot_v2 :- Linux Windows
Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory

Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

If you are using linux then type

sudo ./fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

blunlock.png

If you are using Windows then type

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

Voila ! Your Vivo Phone is now Unlocked.

unlock-e1507644058674.jpg

If You Want to lock it again then just type

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

sudo ./fastboot bbk lock_vivo

UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)

Now you can port and flash twrp recovery and Custom Roms on your vivo devices.

YouTube Video for unlocking vivo bootloader :
Bingo......
UNOFFICIAL CM 12.1 for Vivo y51l is out, Have a look :
Original Thread Here

UPDATE :-
[/
I discovered a new method few months ago, & it works well on new vivo devices:-
This method is unofficial & may brick your device (in 1% cases)
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.
If You are using this method to unlock bootloader, use at your own risk !

Downloads :-
BLUnlocker_v1.zip
QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver.7z
Steps to unlock bootloader :-

1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it :)
2. Install Qualcomm USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
6. Double Click the 'dump_devinfo.bat' file.
7. Enter the port number (from step 5) & press enter
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)
9. Double click 'unlock.bat'

-:Video:-
If all went good, your bootloader is unlocked now!
Thanks me later, go break some eggs !
Peace !

vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot

! GIVE CREDITS IF YOU ARE USING MY WORK !
VIVO V7 UNLOCK DONE BY BLUNLOCK BUT MY PHONE IS LOCKED ASKING FOR PASSWORD

gopesh.galav

May 2, 2021
Hi!

I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.

Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.

Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.

vivo_fastboot on Github

I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below

Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory

Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it :)
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)

Peace !

vivo fastboot binary sources ( My GitHub ) :- https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/vivo_fastboot

! GIVE CREDITS IF YOU ARE USING MBO

Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmrpRxQO74
Peace !

BRO BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED BUT MY PHONE IS ASKING FOR PASSWORD TO UNLOCK

BreadcrumbTrail

Nov 4, 2020
I was able to get the full firmware (11gb) of vivo x50 pro (that's as X51 5G is labelled in some markets).
But on it there is only a firehose with .elf extension.
Unfortunately in the video we are talking about a firehose .mbn

Jun Evergreen

Sep 7, 2021
My vivo y11 2019 refuses to unlock bootloader due to this command

C:\Users\Jun Evergreen\Desktop\vivo_fastboot_for_windows>fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
FAILED (remote: unclock fail.)
finished. total time: 0.002s

baz00ka

May 13, 2009
i have a ViVo V11 1806 Mobile. Tried ADB method to unlock Bootloader but failed. Trying to Root device,so that i can undelete some lost files from it. Can anyone help?

Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

Peace !

Tried this on Vivo Y1s (2015), bootloader "k65v1_64_bsp-3461ff4-20210119145118-202". Using v2 with "fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo" doesn't work - locks up on "waiting for device" on windows, the original goes "remote: unknown command". Using FTOS 10.5 build PD2014F_EX_A_1.12.17, regional link to Russia. Security patch as of 01.01.2021.
Did anyone have luck recently? Apparently this indian guy did, on android 11:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-18 221003.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-18 221003.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 36

NeonzGamingYT

Dec 5, 2020
Redmi 9A
Tried this on Vivo Y1s (2015), bootloader "k65v1_64_bsp-3461ff4-20210119145118-202". Using v2 with "fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo" doesn't work - locks up on "waiting for device" on windows, the original goes "remote: unknown command". Using FTOS 10.5 build PD2014F_EX_A_1.12.17, regional link to Russia. Security patch as of 01.01.2021.
Did anyone have luck recently? Apparently this indian guy did, on android 11:
nope it will not work

aIecxs

Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
Last edited:

tаurus

Oct 12, 2021
Hello!
Is it possible to unlock and get root on a VIVO Y31 phone?
Snapdragon SDM662 processor.

arjum

Oct 25, 2011
Last three months I had tried to unlock bootloader of Vivo V15 device but no luck. And I also not geeting any proper update from XDA regarding vivo bootloader unlock method.

is4kib

Dec 9, 2017
Hi,
I tried to unlock the bootloader of my Y93 (snapdragon 439) but none of the instructions used work.
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo
fastboot bbk vivo_bsp unlock_vivo

...all return failed. who can help me?
Thank you

CoreNameJhay

Oct 29, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

Peace !

welp New Vivo Phones is too Secured to be unlocked except older Vivo Phones

EDIT: There's no Other Way to Unlock it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

vivo_fastboot on Github

lock-e1507643614851.jpg

blunlock.png

fastboot bbk unlock_vivo

fastboot bbk lock_vivo

In case Of linux type

Bingo......
    Original Thread Here

[/

BLUnlocker_v1.zip

Peace !

Enable Oem unlock from developer options

First You have to enable oem unlock from developer options

screenshot_20171018_141830.jpg

Then download the vivo fastboot from the link above
    And follow the steps above.
    Doesn't work on vivo Y53.
    Plz help rooting vivo v7 1718.

Thanks in advance
    vivo v5 lite

hi can you add support vivo v5 lite in your fastboot . currenlty its not working. please help me.