No. Vivo developers actually updated new fastboot commands for new released phones (like mine vivo y17 released on 2019). These commands are actually old fastboot commands. I'm currently trying to unlock the boatloader with other method (modify the devinfo.img).
bro its so easy just connect your phone in edl with unlock tool and choose vivo y11 2019 model and just click start if you havn't downloaded drivers just download 15 seconds adb installer unlock tool crack is working now so its your chance i have done it and sucessfully worked
I’ve seen a lot of users struggling around the internet to find out the way to root vivo phones.
And, Yeah, There are a lot of tutorials available explaining how to unlock bootloader and root vivo phones, but , nearly all of them do not work.
So, After a bit of research, here’s what I got :-
Vivo developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for bootloader unlock/relock than the the stock android commands.
Also, On some phones like vivo y51l (Upgrade to PDF1510_2.6.7), you'll need to upgrade to the latest version available.
And That’s Why we need a modified fastboot binary to unlock bootloader of vivo. vivo_fastboot on Github WARNING! It’ll void your warranty.
Follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of vivo phones :-
I've compiled fastboot binary with necessary modifications which you can download from below
Download : Vivo_fastboot_v2 :- LinuxWindows
Extract the downloaded files on your Computer and open Terminal/Command Prompt in the extracted directory
Now power off your vivo phone and enter fastboot mode by pressing power+ vol – buttons simultaneously.
If you are using linux then type
sudo ./fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
If you are using Windows then type
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
Voila ! Your Vivo Phone is now Unlocked.
If You Want to lock it again then just type
fastboot bbk lock_vivo
In case Of linux type
sudo ./fastboot bbk lock_vivo
UPDATE :- I discovered a new command for some Vivo phones, it isn't working for me but many user asked to make a fastboot binary with that command.
The new command is fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo (Type fastboot help to get list of supported commands.) If this method isn't working for you, don't worry, I have another working method ( posting soon...)
Now you can port and flash twrp recovery and Custom Roms on your vivo devices.
YouTube Video for unlocking vivo bootloader :
UNOFFICIAL CM 12.1 for Vivo y51l is out, Have a look :
I discovered a new method few months ago, & it works well on new vivo devices:-
This method is unofficial & may brick your device (in 1% cases)
I'm not responsible for any loss or harm done to your device, sdcard, PC, home, ferrari etc.
If You are using this method to unlock bootloader, use at your own risk !
1. Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip (You have done this already, trust me, i know you did it
2. Install Qualcomm USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
3. Get your phone, press vol up & down buttons together & connect USB at the same time.
4. Extract your firehose file from your stock firmware (It's usually named like 'prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn') & place it in the current directory.
5. Check the port number your device is connected to in WIndows Device Manager. (Looks like COM*)
6. Double Click the 'dump_devinfo.bat' file.
7. Enter the port number (from step 5) & press enter
8. Edit your devinfo.img using HxD Hex Editor as shown in my video (Or you can comment on my channel with a link to your devinfo.img)
9. Double click 'unlock.bat'
If all went good, your bootloader is unlocked now!
Thanks me later, go break some eggs !