• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to unlock bootloader on Nokia 5.3 ?

Search This thread

bloatware2

Nov 4, 2020
Soory i am so late to answer but kernel codes for nokia 5.3 are now available on their official site....this can b3 used to unlock the bootloader

Hi, can you post a link and more info for this? I've seen that there is the GPL source code for some phones on the official nokia website, but I have no idea on how that can be used to unlock the bootloader. Maybe you can link to some guide available online?

I also need it to unlock the bootloader, and root, for the Nokia 2.2 (for which there is no source code on nokia's site, but maybe other phones' code could be useful instead).

molotov1907

Aug 4, 2019
Hi guys, doing some research

when trying

fastboot oem unlock

you'll get

FAILED (remote: 'Failed to unlock, decrypt failed!')

because you need first to do

fastboot flash unlock unlock.key

so you can then unlock the bootloader

fastboot oem unlock

So the main thing is to generate that key. Nokia officially unlocks the nokia 8 but not the 5.3. I'll start checking their kernel which is freely available at
http://nokiaphones-opensource.azureedge.net/download/phones/Nokia5.3_V1.120.tar.bz2 as @opasx said

A good place to start can be is the fact we know that the unlocking mechanism will look on the unlock partition

I'm on that now

good luck

cyno77

May 3, 2021
Hi, i too, need the unlock code for my Nokia 5.3; its a very common phone sold in supermarkets also i noticed. Maybe Hikari Calyx who did amazing job here with difficult 2.2 Nokia can help with this one too?!? =D ....

Mysteriouslog6

Aug 21, 2018
LG V20
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
I don't think there is really a "unlock" partition it is probably just a file system that is made by the bootloader , checking the kernel source code is going to be useless as the unlocking mechanism is controlled by the bootloader , maybe using QFIL in 9008 mode and then flashing a modded devinfo (Same thing used in the Lenovo tab 4 10 , due to the bootloader unlocking option being greyed out)

xdsid

Sep 19, 2021
Hi guys, doing some research

when trying

fastboot oem unlock

you'll get

FAILED (remote: 'Failed to unlock, decrypt failed!')

because you need first to do

fastboot flash unlock unlock.key

so you can then unlock the bootloader

fastboot oem unlock

So the main thing is to generate that key. Nokia officially unlocks the nokia 8 but not the 5.3. I'll start checking their kernel which is freely available at
http://nokiaphones-opensource.azureedge.net/download/phones/Nokia5.3_V1.120.tar.bz2 as @opasx said

A good place to start can be is the fact we know that the unlocking mechanism will look on the unlock partition

I'm on that now

good luck
any update?

Top Liked Posts