How to unlock bootloader when phone is blocked by Operator

Search This thread

gszych

Nov 20, 2012
Warsaw
Hi
I bought the phone almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately the seller bought the phone in installment plan. Now he stopped paying installments and Operator blocked IMEI.
This results that I can not use mobile services while WiFi is working and I can use device normally. In practice I can use it at home.
Is there any way to unlock bootloader without sim card inserted in the phone. I can go to Mi Unlock Status --> but I can not Add your Account (If you have not already) and device since sim card is not working.

Can you suggest any solutions?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi
I bought the phone almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately the seller bought the phone in installment plan. Now he stopped paying installments and Operator blocked IMEI.
This results that I can not use mobile services while WiFi is working and I can use device normally. In practice I can use it at home.
Is there any way to unlock bootloader without sim card inserted in the phone. I can go to Mi Unlock Status --> but I can not Add your Account (If you have not already) and device since sim card is not working.

Can you suggest any solutions?
Unlocking the bootloader won't change anything.
Prove to the operator that you bought this phone and maybe he will unblock the situation.
If the seller left the phone on their Xiaomi account, you will also need to contact them to remove it.
You can also file a complaint.

gszych

Nov 20, 2012
Warsaw
Thanks NOSS8 for quick answer. Operator is deaf when I send invoice.
I have two solutions - sell the phone outside my country or find solution (i.e. imei change) . In order to do that I need bootloader unlocked. Can you tell me how to unlock bootloader?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Thanks NOSS8 for quick answer. Operator is deaf when I send invoice.
I have two solutions - sell the phone outside my country or find solution (i.e. imei change) . In order to do that I need bootloader unlocked. Can you tell me how to unlock bootloader?
You cannot unlock bootloader without sim and Xiaomi account.
Changing the IMEI yourself is prohibited.
I don't doubt your honesty but what you ask, someone who found or stole the phone will ask the same.
Try to see with a repair center.

Last edited: