• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How to unlock bootloader?

Search This thread

RedHatter271

Aug 19, 2014
I just received my Flip3 (SM-F711U1) and would like to unlock my bootloader. However developer options is missing the OEM Unlock option. It's completely missing not just grayed out. I read a few articles about needed to change the system date but none of those guides changed anything. Can someone help?

Also, I attempted to call *#*#7378423*#*# to double checked that it wasn't already unlocked and I got a popup saying "Unabled to process the request."

Thank you.

RedHatter271

Aug 19, 2014
I have no issue unlocking developer options. As my first post said the OEM Unlock option is missing from dev options.

RedHatter271

Aug 19, 2014
As far as I'm aware samsung devices don't support fastboot. I did attempt to connect it in case I was wrong but was not able to get fastboot to recognize the device.

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011
I just received my Flip3 (SM-F711U1) and would like to unlock my bootloader. However developer options is missing the OEM Unlock option. It's completely missing not just grayed out. I read a few articles about needed to change the system date but none of those guides changed anything. Can someone help?

Also, I attempted to call *#*#7378423*#*# to double checked that it wasn't already unlocked and I got a popup saying "Unabled to process the request."

Thank you.
You can try directly unlock without ticking the oem unlock. By boot into download mode. The other thing is your device or carrier or country wont allow your flip 3 to be unlock. There last step you can try is clean flash via odin with your latest firmware.

RedHatter271

Aug 19, 2014
You can try directly unlock without ticking the oem unlock. By boot into download mode. The other thing is your device or carrier or country wont allow your flip 3 to be unlock. There last step you can try is clean flash via odin with your latest firmware.
I can get into download mode fine but don't know how to use that to unlock directly. Can you give more details?

I tried a clean flach with my latest firmware but it didn't change anything.

It's a US carrier unlocked version I bought directly from Samsung. CSC of XAA. Currently using a T-Mobile SIM.

I can get into download mode fine but don't know how to use that to unlock directly. Can you give more details?

It's a US carrier unlocked version I bought directly from Samsung. CSC of XAA. Currently using a T-Mobile SIM.

Did your Developer Options come already unlocked after setting it up?

darkidz555

Oct 13, 2011

If you can boot into download mode there is an instruction just press vol up button and it will prompt do you want to unlock bootloader mine is like that. Im not sure yours since mine is korea version.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
if you're in North America, Canada etc Qualcomm chips there do not support bootloader unlocking, at least the Samsung one's don't, not sure about other OEMs.

jacobsson

May 21, 2016
I recently read this article on XDA about unlocking the boot loader on the Fold 3 which results in Samsung disabling the camera (WTH?), Is this a thing on the Flip3 too?

kimjongdeux

Sep 7, 2021
My device is rooted. I have always been able to find the OEM unlock option under developer options without any constraints.
My camera is NOT affected. I can still use it without any issues.

I have an European device (SM-F711B).

Hope this helps some of you to track down whether this is a location or carrier based problem.

Reactions: jacobsson

joeminati

Dec 23, 2009
Hey Redhatter,

Out of topic question, but are you getting Tmobile 5G just fine?

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Hit settings
    - about phone
    - software information
    - build number 5 times
    - profit
    My device is rooted. I have always been able to find the OEM unlock option under developer options without any constraints.
    My camera is NOT affected. I can still use it without any issues.

I have an European device (SM-F711B).

Hope this helps some of you to track down whether this is a location or carrier based problem.