• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

lofi2op

Jun 6, 2021
Moto G40
  1. First Download Motorola USB Driver and Tiny Fastboot

2. Then make sure you have enabled "OEM UNLOCK" / "Allow OEM to be unlocked" in Developer Options ( to turn on Developer Options, just go to the "About" Section in your Settings and click on the build number 7 times )

3. After you've made sure that its all enabled, power off your phone and once its off, press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down Button and it should boot to a screen with an image of an Android with its stomach open.

4. Once you've reached there, connect your phone to the PC and extract the Tiny Fastboot .zip file and run the flash.bat

5. Now a cmd windows will upon and you will be asked to choose a fastboot verision, just type "1" and click Enter.

6. Now choose the 8th option i.e Bootloader Unlock Menu by typing "8" and pressing Enter

7. Now type in the 3rd option and the unlock code will be automatically copied.

8. Open Unlock My Device Portal and paste the unlock code in the 6th step's input box and agree to the agreement and click on the "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button at the bottom of the page below the agreement

9. Now you should have recieved a mail in your email account with which you linked to Motorola.

10. Now again type the 3rd option in your cmd so that you can return to the "Bootloader Unlock Menu" and now press 2nd option and paste the unique unlock code you received in your registered email and voila, a message shall appear on your phone asking whether you wanna unlock your bootloader or not, just use volume buttons to switch between the 2 options and press home button to enter your choice

11. Now click on the home button if the message shown on the right middle side near the two triangles is "START", if something else is shown then use your volume buttons to navigate back to the "START" option and press enter.

12. Your Device will be reset in this process and you will be greeted with an Android Welcome Screen with a language choice and a "START" button

13. To confirm whether your device is unlocked or not, just repeat step 2 and when you go to the specific option in Developer Options, it should show something like "Bootloader is already unlocked" and the option will be greyed out.
GOOD LUCK ! AND I HAVE ATTACHED THE FILES BELOW TOO !

Attachments

• Tiny-Fastboot-Script_v1.7.4_EN_by_AlphaEva.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 12
  • Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_6.4.0_64bit.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 13

lofi2op

Jun 6, 2021
Moto G40
If you're willing to use normal ADB Tool rather than this Tiny Fastboot, feel free to do so..

From the 4th to 7th step, instead of Tiny Fastboot use open ADB in cmd and type fastboot oem get_unlock_data then copy the unlock code you get from there, it should be something like (bootloader) 3A35315903679773#3498G234K23 to remove those bootloader from every line just open Data Scrub Tool and paste your code there and click on "Format My Data" and it will remove all unwanted text like "(bootloader)" from the code and you can copy it and then follow step 8 & 9 and come back to adb and type " fastboot oem unlock <unlock code> " where <unlock code> is the unlock code sent to your mail. enter the command and a message shall appear on your phone asking whether you wanna unlock your bootloader or not, just use volume buttons to switch between the 2 options and press home button to enter your choice, then proceed to follow step 11-13.

GOOD LUCK ! AND I HAVE ATTACHED AN ADB ZIP BELOW INCASE ANYONE NEEDS IT.

Attachments

• platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. First Download Motorola USB Driver and Tiny Fastboot

2. Then make sure you have enabled "OEM UNLOCK" / "Allow OEM to be unlocked" in Developer Options ( to turn on Developer Options, just go to the "About" Section in your Settings and click on the build number 7 times )

3. After you've made sure that its all enabled, power off your phone and once its off, press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down Button and it should boot to a screen with an image of an Android with its stomach open.

4. Once you've reached there, connect your phone to the PC and extract the Tiny Fastboot .zip file and run the flash.bat

5. Now a cmd windows will upon and you will be asked to choose a fastboot verision, just type "1" and click Enter.

6. Now choose the 8th option i.e Bootloader Unlock Menu by typing "8" and pressing Enter

7. Now type in the 3rd option and the unlock code will be automatically copied.

8. Open Unlock My Device Portal and paste the unlock code in the 6th step's input box and agree to the agreement and click on the "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button at the bottom of the page below the agreement

9. Now you should have recieved a mail in your email account with which you linked to Motorola.

10. Now again type the 3rd option in your cmd so that you can return to the "Bootloader Unlock Menu" and now press 2nd option and paste the unique unlock code you received in your registered email and voila, a message shall appear on your phone asking whether you wanna unlock your bootloader or not, just use volume buttons to switch between the 2 options and press home button to enter your choice

11. Now click on the home button if the message shown on the right middle side near the two triangles is "START", if something else is shown then use your volume buttons to navigate back to the "START" option and press enter.

12. Your Device will be reset in this process and you will be greeted with an Android Welcome Screen with a language choice and a "START" button

13. To confirm whether your device is unlocked or not, just repeat step 2 and when you go to the specific option in Developer Options, it should show something like "Bootloader is already unlocked" and the option will be greyed out.
    GOOD LUCK ! AND I HAVE ATTACHED THE FILES BELOW TOO !
    If you're willing to use normal ADB Tool rather than this Tiny Fastboot, feel free to do so..

From the 4th to 7th step, instead of Tiny Fastboot use open ADB in cmd and type fastboot oem get_unlock_data then copy the unlock code you get from there, it should be something like (bootloader) 3A35315903679773#3498G234K23 to remove those bootloader from every line just open Data Scrub Tool and paste your code there and click on "Format My Data" and it will remove all unwanted text like "(bootloader)" from the code and you can copy it and then follow step 8 & 9 and come back to adb and type " fastboot oem unlock <unlock code> " where <unlock code> is the unlock code sent to your mail. enter the command and a message shall appear on your phone asking whether you wanna unlock your bootloader or not, just use volume buttons to switch between the 2 options and press home button to enter your choice, then proceed to follow step 11-13.

GOOD LUCK ! AND I HAVE ATTACHED AN ADB ZIP BELOW INCASE ANYONE NEEDS IT.