How to unlock D2206 bootloader?

Search This thread

zhanfeng01

Jun 27, 2015
Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader for D2206? I am running Kitkat 4.4.4. I tried using the Sony method but it says bootloader unlock allowed: no. Does that mean it's impossible to unlock the bootloader for this variant?

Thanks in advance.

Cooper5`

Dec 20, 2015
Unfortunately nobody has figured out how to do it yet.

I have a D2206 from Wind Mobile (Canada) and I have been unsuccessful in unlocking the boot loader or rooting it. All the guides on this forum are for other models of the E3 because apparently very few people have the D2206 so nobody has spent any effort on it.

With only 4 gb storage and only 1.7gb free after all the bloatware, this thing is a useless paper weight unless I can figure out how to install marshmallow in order to use my sd card as internal storage.

If anyone figures out how to install marshmallow on the D2206 please let me know!

valleck

Jan 18, 2021
To this day, did someone figured it out how to unlock? 😢
D2206 with bootloader unlock allowed: no
Really want to give this phone a life again

rmnhg

Jan 22, 2015
Madrid
Sony Xperia E3
LeEco Le Max 2
To this day, did someone figured it out how to unlock? 😢
D2206 with bootloader unlock allowed: no
Really want to give this phone a life again

I never had to face this situation, but I have checked around and I found that there is a tool which let's you unlock your phone (SIM and unlock booloader status) which you can check here:
https://xdaforums.com/t/bootloader-unlock-allowed-no-to-yes-is-possible.4044091/
The only pitchfall is that you have to pay for using it.
Otherwise you may contact Sony to get a solution. I guess that they allow you to send it to them and they can unlock it for you if SIM is unlocked, according to this page (it is written in Spanish).

I hope this can be helpful to you.
Regards.