• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to unlock KK bootloader?

Search This thread

romma1

Jun 1, 2011
There really was only a very short window of time to unlock the bootloader. Unless you got an M after the update that was still on the original firmware. Almost right after Rosenberg published, Verizon sent out their exploit patch... I really wish Verizon would stop doing this stuff. It makes no sense.

l2adiant

May 6, 2011
There really was only a very short window of time to unlock the bootloader. Unless you got an M after the update that was still on the original firmware. Almost right after Rosenberg published, Verizon sent out their exploit patch... I really wish Verizon would stop doing this stuff. It makes no sense.

Motorola just released kernel source code, i dont know but can this help?????

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

notrite63

Mar 10, 2014
KitKat troubles

I purchased two used Razr M's for use on Straight Talk. After using Radiocomm, the phones worked great. My wife updated to KitKat and lost her service. I used Radiocomm on hers and have it running again. I upgraded mine also and now we both screwed. Modem Fast Dormancy Monitor Service error pops up all the time. I watched mine screen come on like a reboot three times yesterday. Before I went to bed, I noticed that I had no service. A reboot and service came back. I sent two emails to Motorola and have no reply as of yet. KitKat runs great, but now I just may have to buy two more phones. I don't see any help coming and would advise people to stay away from these phone unless using on Verizon. I didn't know all the trouble a locked bootloader and not being able to root would cause. I read that it had been implied that Android slow release stages were to cause people to buy new phones for updates. So I guess the KitKat issues I'm facing are the same. Encourage me to buy before my wife skins me alive!

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
There is a fix for the Modem Fast Dormancy bug but it requires root in order to edit the build.prop and disable it.

Without root, it is possible there maybe a way to disable those functions by editing the NVM, but it will require some considerable work to isolate the NV Items and parameters responsible.

After editing the build.prop the phone performs pretty well under KK for GSM/WCDMA service.

I will try and take a look at the NV dumps and see what I can find. No promises.