• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question how to unlock the bootloader ?

Search This thread

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
You need to wait till realme/Oppo releases the app specific to this phone. If you google the app, you will find plenty of sites say that the app for realme 3 or X will work but just a waste of time. Has to be for this phone

Though I am looking into a possible way to root device without unlocking bootloader.

Reactions: siachori

SbAgOoTs

Jul 6, 2010
Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm not even able to enter fastboot mode: pressing Volume Up + Power buttons simply reboots the system and sending "adb reboot bootloader" gives me a terminal message ending with "the serial is not match, fastboot_unlock_verify fail"...
What's wrong?

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
As per my my previous comment. Realme releases an apk file that then allows you to unlock the bootloader

While the bootloader is locked on any android devices, you will not be able to boot to fastboot.

I have managed to flash a magisk patched boot.img file by other means but wasn't successful, ass need to patch Vbmeta and can't do that without fastboot or two(or equivalent).

The apk they release is called deep testing. If you go on realme forums they are generally pretty open and quick to release. The app Is pretty much the equivalent of applying to Sony on the xperia's the app does the unlocking et

If I can find a way to get pasted the red state boot screen iI will defiantly post the instructions and all files etc

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
Ok i found this one too, and it is looks more trustworthy 🤔.

Well, i believe to you, so i will wait your response.
That will be the method, though realme still have not released the unlock tool for this device.

If you check the realme community forums, and see h bootloader unlock for this device on a periodical basis realme will eventually release it, just not sure on their time frames. This is only my second realme device of which the first one I once the c3 had already been out for a while and unlock tool was already released.

Once it has been. I will create. Thread with the process and attach the files here in xda

Reactions: MrMiyamo

MrMiyamo

Nov 6, 2018
Hatay/Turkey
Realme C21
@smiley.raver
Screenshot_2021-10-06-18-38-52-25_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

Should we wait realme or look at this?

Last edited:

MrMiyamo

Nov 6, 2018
Hatay/Turkey
Realme C21
Last edited:

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
@smiley.raver
View attachment 5426883
Should we wait realme or look at this?

I have had a read through. Getting to brom bootloader and bypassing da was the way I was attempting it I am curious as to what is different between his magisk all and the app release he does.

I haven't had a look at the other one yet. WL do that tomorrow

MrMiyamo

Nov 6, 2018
Hatay/Turkey
Realme C21
I have had a read through. Getting to brom bootloader and bypassing da was the way I was attempting it I am curious as to what is different between his magisk all and the app release he does.

I haven't had a look at the other one yet. WL do that tomorrow
I installed a linux distro today and tried again, i get same result as on windows.

If you get the same result, we'll assume it's caused by the device.

In this case, there is nothing left except creating a new issue on the github repo.

1633971673694.png

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
@

MrMiyamo are you successfully booting into the brom bootloader? as the instructions on github are only saying to power + vol up or down - when it is power + vol up + vol down and then plug in usb. I have just had to reinstall windows so i will give this a go as just installed python.​

give me a few hours to play around and see what i can do - i maybe able to do it the way i was doing it with the magisk app released on github page

Last edited:

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
@MrMiyamo while phone is turned on - push an hold power + vol + + vol - and continue to hold while it reboots, continue holding while you see at bottom of the screen rebooting to recovery - continue holding the keys down and plug usb in with other end connected to the computer

mind you im getting stuck at the da sync - try doing same process on linux - as i havent installed it yet and awaiting for it to download

C:\mtkclient>python mtk rl out
Capstone library is missing (optional).
Keystone library is missing (optional).
MTK Flash/Exploit Client V1.42 (c) B.Kerler 2020-2021
Preloader - Status: Waiting for PreLoader VCOM, please connect mobile
Port - Device detected :)
Preloader - CPU: MT6765(Helio P35/G35)
Preloader - HW version: 0x0
Preloader - WDT: 0x10007000
Preloader - Uart: 0x11002000
Preloader - Brom payload addr: 0x100a00
Preloader - DA payload addr: 0x201000
Preloader - CQ_DMA addr: 0x10212000
Preloader - Var1: 0x25
Preloader - HW subcode: 0x8a00
Preloader - HW Ver: 0xca00
Preloader - SW Ver: 0x0
Preloader - Disabling Watchdog...
Preloader - HW code: 0x766
Preloader - Target config: 0x0
Preloader - SBC enabled: False
Preloader - SLA enabled: False
Preloader - DAA enabled: False
Preloader - SWJTAG enabled: False
Preloader - EPP_PARAM at 0x600 after EMMC_BOOT/SDMMC_BOOT: False
Preloader - Root cert required: False
Preloader - Mem read auth: False
Preloader - Mem write auth: False
Preloader - Cmd 0xC8 blocked: False
Preloader - BROM mode detected.
Preloader - ME_ID: BA8A36E4EDC2EC489BA44EEA0F809354
Preloader - SOC_ID: 5A9501C1148E3B36CD3B173E1EBE166257EBA2069333EFF7A1CE20EAD189884F
Main - Device is unprotected.
Main - Device is in BROM mode. Trying to dump preloader.
PLTools - Loading payload from C:\mtkclient\mtkclient\config\..\payloads\mt6765_payload.bin, 0x264 bytes
PLTools - Kamakiri / DA Run
Kamakiri - Trying kamakiri2..
Kamakiri - Done sending payload...
PLTools - Successfully sent payload: C:\mtkclient\mtkclient\config\..\payloads\mt6765_payload.bin
Port - Device detected :)
DAXFlash - Uploading stage 1...
DAXFlash - Successfully uploaded stage 1, jumping ..
Preloader - Jumping to 0x200000
DAXFlash - Successfully received DA sync

MrMiyamo

Nov 6, 2018
Hatay/Turkey
Realme C21
@smiley.raver
I am run "sudo mtk rl out" and it looks like does the job, it currently dumping all partitions.

Edit:

Ok, i did something stupidly and installed linux system on 24 GB partition

so I had to stop the process before it complete,

It's probably fine as long as we don't want a backup, but I'll install the system on a 64gb partition and look again later.

Last edited:

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
@smiley.raver
I am run "sudo mtk rl out" and it looks like does the job, it currently dumping all partitions.
thats awesome - so it appears to be a windows issue - i will create the issue on github soon - :) we have progress

also i found out that it only needs to be phone switched off and vol + & vol - held while plugging in usb :)

with that working -then the rest of the instrcutinos should work - so give it a try - i just finished downlaoding linux- so i will be a little while off trying it

i think i know what the windows issue is - its not picking up vcom drivers in the transition from bootloader to vcom - so therefor it stalls -

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Realme C3
Realme C21
thats awesome - so it appears to be a windows issue - i will create the issue on github soon - :) we have progress

also i found out that it only needs to be phone switched off and vol + & vol - held while plugging in usb :)

@smiley.raver

BTW my phone has a pending OTA update, i keep to not update since i worry about that method will not work.

Can i apply OTA update without worry?
Else how can i remove pending update files?
while your phone is not updated - lets leave it like that - as mine is latest firmware - hence we maybe getting to different issues.,

this way we can attack 2 different firmware versions. yep saw your editted mesage - i had to install another hdd to install just for the moment ...

but at least the mtk rl command worked and got further then I did on windows - im about halfway through linux install (just have to remember how to use the bloody thing now haha)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That will be the method, though realme still have not released the unlock tool for this device.

If you check the realme community forums, and see h bootloader unlock for this device on a periodical basis realme will eventually release it, just not sure on their time frames. This is only my second realme device of which the first one I once the c3 had already been out for a while and unlock tool was already released.

Once it has been. I will create. Thread with the process and attach the files here in xda
    As per my my previous comment. Realme releases an apk file that then allows you to unlock the bootloader

While the bootloader is locked on any android devices, you will not be able to boot to fastboot.

I have managed to flash a magisk patched boot.img file by other means but wasn't successful, ass need to patch Vbmeta and can't do that without fastboot or two(or equivalent).

The apk they release is called deep testing. If you go on realme forums they are generally pretty open and quick to release. The app Is pretty much the equivalent of applying to Sony on the xperia's the app does the unlocking et

If I can find a way to get pasted the red state boot screen iI will defiantly post the instructions and all files etc
    how to unlock the bootloader, I read about some program "indeepth test", but did not find it on this phone
    You need to wait till realme/Oppo releases the app specific to this phone. If you google the app, you will find plenty of sites say that the app for realme 3 or X will work but just a waste of time. Has to be for this phone

Though I am looking into a possible way to root device without unlocking bootloader.