How to unlock the honor 5X bootloader

Search This thread

wimbet

Huawei and honor Rep
Jan 3, 2009
androidandme.com
I just confirmed this is working with a retail unit of honor 5X - US model (KIW-L24)

1. Visit the EMUI global site - http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=list
  2. Click Unlock Bootloader
  3. Sign in to Huawei ID
  4. Accept the unlocking agreement
  5. Enter device information and click Submit
  6. Get code and enjoy

If you experience any error, please use the contact us link on the page.

Please read the full Unlocking Agreement:

"Thank you for supporting Huawei Device products. Huawei Device has granted bootloader unlocking permission for its latest mobile phones, tablets and official firmware. Unlocking the bootloader enables you to flash third-party firmware to your device.

However, unlocking the bootloader carries the following risks:
1.Huawei ensures that product hardware and software are optimized for your device, but after you unlock the bootloader, Huawei cannot guarantee optimum performance or that all functions will operate normally.
2.Most third-party firmware has not been adequately tested and has poor compatibility with Huawei devices, which will affect your device’s stability or even cause damage to your device’s hardware. For example, some firmware may result in excessive power consumption that reduces your device’s standby time and battery lifespan, or the RF performance of your device may be impaired, which may lead to network search failure or poor call quality. Some firmware may even prevent your device from starting and you will not be able to restore the system, meaning that your device will be rendered unusable.
3.Third-party firmware may be vulnerable to malicious software attacks. For this reason, data security cannot be guaranteed. For example, your personal data such as contacts, messages, and location data may be disclosed. Malicious software may also send SMS messages to subscribe to paid services or make calls in the background, incurring inadvertent charges. Malicious software may even be used by others to monitor your device.
4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, you will no longer be able to use Digital Rights Management (DRM) keys and digital content that you have purchased. Upgrading software using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after upgrading.
Unlocking the bootloader may result in unpredictable consequences for your device, including but not limited to those listed above. The user shall be held responsible in the event that the device malfunctions and cannot be recovered. Huawei will record your unlock request information; for software and hardware failures arising as a result of unlocking the bootloader, Huawei repair centers can provide repair services charged at the standard rate for repair work outside the scope of the warranty."

Last edited:

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
What do we do with the Unlock code? Is there a computer program needed to unlock? I have code but am not sure what to do with it now.

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
You need a computer to unlock it through adb and fastboot
OK. I figured that much.:) So I got started on a laptop but I got errors. I already "Enabled OEM Unlock" after I got an error (Necessary to Unlock FRP).

Then I got another error that doesnt show much. It says FAILED (remote: Invalid Key, unlock fail) finished 18 sec.

Any ideas what Im doing wrong??

Edit- Nevermind I unlocked it fine. Bootloader is unlocked now.

Last edited:

Erick-kewone

Nov 11, 2014
I cant adb into the phone. It gives me these errors:

adb reboot bootloader
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

I just confirmed this is working with a retail unit of honor 5X - US model (KIW-L24)

1. Visit the EMUI global site - http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=list
  3. Sign in to Huawei ID
  6. Get code and enjoy

Every time I have logged into the Huawei site, things look slightly different. I assume they are updating things. However, I cannot get to the unlock agreement. I visit the link to the EMUI global site, I click unlock the bootloader, then it no longer asks for my ID. Instead it comes up with a "Create Nickname" page. No matter what I enter, it says "HWLOGIN_NICKERROR". Hopefully someone else has run into this and can redirect me to the right location.

Thanks in advance!

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
the site is all in a foreign language. I don't know how you guys are reading this

Everything was in English for me. Maybe use Google translate?

I just click the link in OP and I go straight to page in English. Click unlock bootloader.

Then Log in next screen (or register with email if you haven't already). Do the unlock bootloader agreement.

Then complete form where you put S/N IMEI and more. Good luck

Attachments

• 1454671410344.jpg
    1454671410344.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,884
  • 1454671643124.jpg
    1454671643124.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,898
  • 1454671744880.jpg
    1454671744880.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,927
Reactions: atcharatip pinmook

l0ud_sil3nc3

Dec 7, 2014
I keep getting this error screen after logging in once I press the unlock boot loader link. I have tried on multiple devices, browsers all the same thing. I made sure to select English as language as well.

Any ideas?

Bandit Development

Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
icsmidland.com
I keep getting this error screen after logging in once I press the unlock boot loader link. I have tried on multiple devices, browsers all the same thing. I made sure to select English as language as well.

Any ideas?

I get the same thing. Ran Chrome Google Translate on it, but it's just a server message about being busy.
@wimbet can you provide any info on this or maybe give us a rough ETA of when the server will be available so we can unlock our devices? Thanks.

k9cop

Dec 6, 2011
Click on Unlock Bootloader and takes me to login page. Username and password don't work. Try to retrieve password and get " No security email address, phone number, or question has been set." I can login into the honor 5x club site just fine. Try to re-register and it says my email address is already in use, but I can't get access. Very odd.

twavisdegwet

Jul 26, 2011
Still having the same issue here.

Seems like their website may have been down for 2+ days now. That really makes me want to unlock the bootloader and get the hell out of their software ecosystem that much quicker.

lmatter2

Feb 10, 2016
Still having the same issue here.

Seems like their website may have been down for 2+ days now. That really makes me want to unlock the bootloader and get the hell out of their software ecosystem that much quicker.

I had the same problem. Website would switch back to Chinese, and when I tried to go back to English I got the home screen or server busy (in Chinese). I finally just let it stay in Chinese and matched the fields with the English screen shot in the TWRP thread and I got through it and got the code. Have another problem with my phone's boot loader but that's for another thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Sign in to Huawei ID
    6. Get code and enjoy

Please read the full Unlocking Agreement:

"Thank you for supporting Huawei Device products. Huawei Device has granted bootloader unlocking permission for its latest mobile phones, tablets and official firmware. Unlocking the bootloader enables you to flash third-party firmware to your device.

However, unlocking the bootloader carries the following risks:
    1.Huawei ensures that product hardware and software are optimized for your device, but after you unlock the bootloader, Huawei cannot guarantee optimum performance or that all functions will operate normally.
    2.Most third-party firmware has not been adequately tested and has poor compatibility with Huawei devices, which will affect your device’s stability or even cause damage to your device’s hardware. For example, some firmware may result in excessive power consumption that reduces your device’s standby time and battery lifespan, or the RF performance of your device may be impaired, which may lead to network search failure or poor call quality. Some firmware may even prevent your device from starting and you will not be able to restore the system, meaning that your device will be rendered unusable.
    3.Third-party firmware may be vulnerable to malicious software attacks. For this reason, data security cannot be guaranteed. For example, your personal data such as contacts, messages, and location data may be disclosed. Malicious software may also send SMS messages to subscribe to paid services or make calls in the background, incurring inadvertent charges. Malicious software may even be used by others to monitor your device.
    4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, you will no longer be able to use Digital Rights Management (DRM) keys and digital content that you have purchased. Upgrading software using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after upgrading.
    Unlocking the bootloader may result in unpredictable consequences for your device, including but not limited to those listed above. The user shall be held responsible in the event that the device malfunctions and cannot be recovered. Huawei will record your unlock request information; for software and hardware failures arising as a result of unlocking the bootloader, Huawei repair centers can provide repair services charged at the standard rate for repair work outside the scope of the warranty."
    Thanks but How do you boot into the boot loader? Is it done on the phone or on computer?

Edit-I don't have computer available now.

You need a computer to unlock it through adb and fastboot
    the site is all in a foreign language. I don't know how you guys are reading this

Everything was in English for me. Maybe use Google translate?

I just click the link in OP and I go straight to page in English. Click unlock bootloader.

Then Log in next screen (or register with email if you haven't already). Do the unlock bootloader agreement.

Then complete form where you put S/N IMEI and more. Good luck
    If EMUI Site seems down...

The EMUI unlock site seemed down for me. I found that it was only down for the en language.

If you get the 600 error, try changing your language to chinese. I know it's a pain, but have the google translate plugin installed and I was able to progress quick enough through the dialogs to successfully get the unlock code for my phone.

Also, there's another guide in this forum that contains an alternate (paid) method. Search it out if you can't get anything else to work.