Search This thread

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro

howbeit

Feb 11, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
The unlock token came for me in exactly 7 days and 1 hour.

The magisk and stock boot.img for 11.2.2.2 is below for T-Mobile variant root
Excellent work!! Can't wait for my unlock token to arrive.

Reactions: grinch247

Jg1234

Jul 14, 2012

This is only for the pro version? Any way to get Oneplus 9 5g ( non pro ) boot.img?

howbeit

Feb 11, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro

I just want to thank you. I flashed your patched boot.img and it worked like a charm!!!

LLStarks

• Jun 1, 2012
    I hope you guys understand that by unlocking, you are breaking the filesystem in a way that can be permanent and will prevent you from receiving updates.

If the 8 series and 8T are anything to go by, unrooting does not help. Unlocking, which forces a wipe, destroys the reserve partition, which is stupidly part of the userdata partition. The update function aggressively checks the filesystem. You might get offered an update, but it'll fail to install.

You cannot restore this without the MSM unbrick tool for the T-Mobile variant, which has yet to leak. And unless there's a way to convert to the Euro firmware, the only way to update and re-root is rather complicated: Run MSM tool, take update, unlock, root, repeat.

This is unique to T-Mobile variants and to a less extent the Global variant. Because both use delta updates, there's no way to apply updates. Global does have local upgrade and sporadic full update zips, but it's not ideal. Other variants do not care because root is detected and the full zip is applied, bypassing filesystem checks.

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: howbeit

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
    Louisville
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Google Pixel C
    I hope you guys understand that by unlocking, you are breaking the filesystem in a way that can be permanent and will prevent you from receiving updates.

If the 8 series and 8T are anything to go by, unrooting does not help. Unlocking, which forces a wipe, destroys the reserve partition, which is stupidly part of the userdata partition. The update function aggressively checks the filesystem. You might get offered an update, but it'll fail to install.

You cannot restore this without the MSM unbrick tool for the T-Mobile variant, which has yet to leak. And unless there's a way to convert to the Euro firmware, the only way to update and re-root is rather complicated: Run MSM tool, take update, unlock, root, repeat.

This is unique to T-Mobile variants and to a less extent the Global variant. Because both use delta updates, there's no way to apply updates. Global does have local upgrade and sporadic full update zips, but it's not ideal. Other variants do not care because root is detected and the full zip is applied, bypassing filesystem checks.
    They said the same about the one plus 7t pro 5g McLaren T-Mobile edition, I'm running stock rom on it and didn't lose any partitions. I can still receive updates and install them

Reactions: amaroney55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Is this a OP9 series issue? I've never had to do this with 7 or 8 series from Tmo to Global... 🤔
      It's an OP9 Pro issue afaik, doesn't affect regular OP9
      Looks like the site is fixed, just downloaded my unlock bin. 288bytes
      Is this a OP9 series issue? I've never had to do this with 7 or 8 series from Tmo to Global... 🤔
      Go read the OP. Things have changed with OnePlus and Tmo devices. Example,no longer able to update zip from system update. No cog wheel anymore. TMobile seems to be trying to lock it down. Fortunately this guyade us a workaround to get EU rom for us. Read the description it's not a bug
      Hello all, this is a quick and simple guide to unlocking your T-Mobile locked bootloader. Just a reminder: unlocking the bootloader will wipe your data. The instructions here will apply to all T-Mobile OnePlus devices.

1. Unlock your SIM. Some options here
        1. Finding a sympathetic rep to unlock your device. I used the I'm a developer and need the device unlocked for work purposes and took 2 agents before I got mine unlocked.
        2. Finding an awesome XDAer who has the capability to do it, such as https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-service-oneplus-samsung-google-lg.4231597/ (never used this service, just an example but he seems active and still unlocking)
        3. Paying a (trusted) 3rd party service. I never used them, YMMV
        4. T-Mobile's official policy of waiting 40 days and paying off any balance on an EIP.
      2. Toggle OEM Unlocking in Developer Options.
      3. Jot down your IMEI with *#06#
      4. Reboot the device to bootloader. You can do this via ADB or advanced reboot options in Developer Options.
      5. On a computer with latest fastboot and OnePlus drivers installed, run:
        Code:
        fastboot oem get_unlock_code
      6. Fill out the unlock application on OP's site: https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token You should have all the necessary information to fill it out now.
      7. Wait for the unlock application to be processed. It can take up to 2 weeks, or even longer on a new device. You can enjoy your still-locked OP9P for now.
      8. Once the unlock application is processed, download the unlock file from the unlock site above, save it (as an example, I saved it as unlock.bin)
      9. With your device in bootloader again, run:
        Code:
        fastboot flash cust-unlock [path/to/unlock.bin]
        In my example, from the CWD as the unlock.bin file, I would run
        Code:
        fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock.bin
      10. Unlock your bootloader with the command:
        Code:
        fastboot oem unlock

Congrats, your OnePlus device should now be unlocked!

It's an OP9 Pro issue afaik, doesn't affect regular OP9
      Hello all and thanks for all the work you guys have been doing so far.

Got my oneplus 9pro5g Tmo last sat, got the unlock code wed and today iam unlocked. wooohooooo.. now its time to start having some fun with this phone. Its been a while since i been playing around with roms and stuff.. Let the games begin.. I am new to the oneplus family but have been modding samsung galaxy series untill the last rootable note 8...
      Temporary unlock doesn't work, must be permanent. If you are really unlucky with support, try #2, he's active and currently unlocking 9 series.

Read OP, permanent SIM unlock must be acquired before OEM Unlocking is available (or we are waiting for an exploit). Temp unlock does nothing in the context of getting the BL unlocked.

Oh Geeze. I hadn't looked too closely yet as I just got the phone yesterday. But there goes one of the key reasons for getting the One Plus over the S21 lol. It's on a Sprint account and they couldn't activate it with the T-Mobile sim (according to the rep) so that 1 guy can't help. Geeze. Makes me miss the days of affordable flagships you could buy outright easy.

I was excited to be back in the scene but it might have to wait until later when I have more of a reason for it.