How To Guide How To: Unlock the T-Mobile Bootloader

Search This thread

gcap18

Oct 26, 2014
St Louis
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just checked the oneplus website to see what you guys are referring to. The unlock.bin should be 288bytes, but what the page is giving is obvious jibberish and 518 bytes. Obviously, oneplus broke their unlock token page. Try contacting support and make them aware that the tokens page is broken.
I appreciate you going the extra step and confirming it's not us. I've reached out to tech support numerous times. The response I get from tech support is "our phones aren't locked, you need to contact TMO." I don't think op trained tech support reps know about the unlock token. I literally sent multiple reps the hyperlink to the unlock token page and they still told me to contact TMO.

BobAzzon

May 10, 2017
Pittsburgh
Can confirm this also, got my unlock token email today, and went to download nothing but a bunch of jibberish symbol's....tech support is saying it's a TMobile problem...I tried explaining several times to 3 different people it's the one plus sites problem, and they basically kept telling me contact TMobile. Looks like this could be the end for us TMobile users, as OnePlus seems to think it's not their problem.

bamfsig45

Dec 16, 2009
Google Pixel 5
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can confirm this also, got my unlock token email today, and went to download nothing but a bunch of jibberish symbol's....tech support is saying it's a TMobile problem...I tried explaining several times to 3 different people it's the one plus sites problem, and they basically kept telling me contact TMobile. Looks like this could be the end for us TMobile users, as OnePlus seems to think it's not their problem.
Yea I've given up on Oneplus Support doing anything about it. Several email exchanges with them and they just dont get it.

ryantf420

• Jun 20, 2018
    OnePlus 7T
    OnePlus 8
    So I used msmdownloadtool to get back to stock Tmo... After successful installation. I again unlocked Bootloader to flash global rom... Unfortunately problem still there... I have to manually flash Tmo modem img after every flash or ota 🤦‍♂️
    anyone have latest 11.2.4.4 Tmo_Modem img?

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
    OnePlus 8T
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    So I used msmdownloadtool to get back to stock Tmo... After successful installation. I again unlocked Bootloader to flash global rom... Unfortunately problem still there... I have to manually flash Tmo modem img after every flash or ota 🤦‍♂️
    You can try to extract the latest modem prior to conversion. Otherwise just use the modem we have

avid_droid

• Aug 24, 2019
    Hawaii
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    The NONHLOS zip in the conversion to EU is in the conversion file. Flash that. It works fine. If not use partition back up.

avid_droid

• Aug 24, 2019
    Hawaii
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Is this a OP9 series issue? I've never had to do this with 7 or 8 series from Tmo to Global... 🤔
    Go read the OP. Things have changed with OnePlus and Tmo devices. Example,no longer able to update zip from system update. No cog wheel anymore. TMobile seems to be trying to lock it down. Fortunately this guyade us a workaround to get EU rom for us. Read the description it's not a bug

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Is this a OP9 series issue? I've never had to do this with 7 or 8 series from Tmo to Global... 🤔
      It's an OP9 Pro issue afaik, doesn't affect regular OP9
      Looks like the site is fixed, just downloaded my unlock bin. 288bytes
      Go read the OP. Things have changed with OnePlus and Tmo devices. Example,no longer able to update zip from system update. No cog wheel anymore. TMobile seems to be trying to lock it down. Fortunately this guyade us a workaround to get EU rom for us. Read the description it's not a bug
      Hello all, this is a quick and simple guide to unlocking your T-Mobile locked bootloader. Just a reminder: unlocking the bootloader will wipe your data. The instructions here will apply to all T-Mobile OnePlus devices.

1. Unlock your SIM. Some options here
        1. Finding a sympathetic rep to unlock your device. I used the I'm a developer and need the device unlocked for work purposes and took 2 agents before I got mine unlocked.
        2. Finding an awesome XDAer who has the capability to do it, such as https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-service-oneplus-samsung-google-lg.4231597/ (never used this service, just an example but he seems active and still unlocking)
        3. Paying a (trusted) 3rd party service. I never used them, YMMV
        4. T-Mobile's official policy of waiting 40 days and paying off any balance on an EIP.
      2. Toggle OEM Unlocking in Developer Options.
      3. Jot down your IMEI with *#06#
      4. Reboot the device to bootloader. You can do this via ADB or advanced reboot options in Developer Options.
      5. On a computer with latest fastboot and OnePlus drivers installed, run:
        Code:
        fastboot oem get_unlock_code
      6. Fill out the unlock application on OP's site: https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token You should have all the necessary information to fill it out now.
      7. Wait for the unlock application to be processed. It can take up to 2 weeks, or even longer on a new device. You can enjoy your still-locked OP9P for now.
      8. Once the unlock application is processed, download the unlock file from the unlock site above, save it (as an example, I saved it as unlock.bin)
      9. With your device in bootloader again, run:
        Code:
        fastboot flash cust-unlock [path/to/unlock.bin]
        In my example, from the CWD as the unlock.bin file, I would run
        Code:
        fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock.bin
      10. Unlock your bootloader with the command:
        Code:
        fastboot oem unlock

Congrats, your OnePlus device should now be unlocked!
      The unlock token came for me in exactly 7 days and 1 hour.

The magisk and stock boot.img for 11.2.2.2 is below for T-Mobile variant root
      It's an OP9 Pro issue afaik, doesn't affect regular OP9
      Hello all and thanks for all the work you guys have been doing so far.

Got my oneplus 9pro5g Tmo last sat, got the unlock code wed and today iam unlocked. wooohooooo.. now its time to start having some fun with this phone. Its been a while since i been playing around with roms and stuff.. Let the games begin.. I am new to the oneplus family but have been modding samsung galaxy series untill the last rootable note 8...
      Temporary unlock doesn't work, must be permanent. If you are really unlucky with support, try #2, he's active and currently unlocking 9 series.

Read OP, permanent SIM unlock must be acquired before OEM Unlocking is available (or we are waiting for an exploit). Temp unlock does nothing in the context of getting the BL unlocked.

Oh Geeze. I hadn't looked too closely yet as I just got the phone yesterday. But there goes one of the key reasons for getting the One Plus over the S21 lol. It's on a Sprint account and they couldn't activate it with the T-Mobile sim (according to the rep) so that 1 guy can't help. Geeze. Makes me miss the days of affordable flagships you could buy outright easy.

I was excited to be back in the scene but it might have to wait until later when I have more of a reason for it.