I just wanted to reply and Thank you for providing this. I spent a few hours today trying to troubleshoot getting the unlock code from the phone using a cmd string that was incorrect that oneplus unlock instruction provided. cd “root directory ”> Command: fastboot.exe oem get_unlock_code "" <<< That is what was provided, It brought back an error. Again, Thank you!!!! Unlock submitted and awaitin approval.Hello all, this is a quick and simple guide to unlocking your T-Mobile locked bootloader. Just a reminder: unlocking the bootloader will wipe your data. The instructions here will apply to all T-Mobile OnePlus devices.
- Unlock your SIM. Some options here
- Finding a sympathetic rep to unlock your device. I used the I'm a developer and need the device unlocked for work purposes and took 2 agents before I got mine unlocked.
- Finding an awesome XDAer who has the capability to do it, such as https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-service-oneplus-samsung-google-lg.4231597/ (never used this service, just an example but he seems active and still unlocking)
- Paying a (trusted) 3rd party service. I never used them, YMMV
- T-Mobile's official policy of waiting 40 days and paying off any balance on an EIP.
- Toggle OEM Unlocking in Developer Options.
- Jot down your IMEI with *#06#
- Reboot the device to bootloader. You can do this via ADB or advanced reboot options in Developer Options.
- On a computer with latest fastboot and OnePlus drivers installed, run:
fastboot oem get_unlock_code
- Fill out the unlock application on OP's site: https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token You should have all the necessary information to fill it out now.
- Wait for the unlock application to be processed. It can take up to 2 weeks, or even longer on a new device. You can enjoy your still-locked OP9P for now.
- Once the unlock application is processed, download the unlock file from the unlock site above, save it (as an example, I saved it as unlock.bin)
- With your device in bootloader again, run:
In my example, from the CWD as the unlock.bin file, I would runCode:
fastboot flash cust-unlock [path/to/unlock.bin]Code:
fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock.bin
- Unlock your bootloader with the command:
fastboot oem unlock
Congrats, your OnePlus device should now be unlocked!