How To Guide How To: Unlock the T-Mobile Bootloader

Search This thread

RootMyNote4Please

Jan 19, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
I struck out trying to go through Twitter with TMobile. The guy was very nice but he said there's absolutely no way they can unlock it early. You have to pay it off completely and wait 40 days. And you get no discount if you pay it off early. I got put on my very old Sprint account apparently, so I can't use the service here either. I'm thinking I'm just going to return it and cancel the service at this point . So frustrating how these companies prevent you from doing anything.

gcap18

So I have a tmo op9pro. The sim is unlocked, I submitted a device unlocking application through op, then I received an email back from op saying the application was approved with a link to download the unlock token. When I click to download the token, a new tab opens up and I see this text:

CY�R�@7��f�h��o��d��4r���mN+!cĬ,>qɃͽ��mC��?&~,�X��&���W4��M1�y8�f_�g$��!�KL �"����/��d>+?1���Y����L ��UZ�T�n���d�ɀs�j�Ai��+&́�5�
�Ú��d����`k�C̺)2��#�Cpe��ydW�����]0!��@[Q�`�ΣZ?߀�ڎD�{�'rC�P���kf�c�����&ĕ�I2?(�/(�̥�f!��3��<�c�V����\��p��

I tried opening in Chrome, Edge, and even IE. Same results. Am I doing something wrong? I cant seem to download the unlock.bin file.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
So I have a tmo op9pro. The sim is unlocked, I submitted a device unlocking application through op, then I received an email back from op saying the application was approved with a link to download the unlock token. When I click to download the token, a new tab opens up and I see this text:

Stuff

I tried opening in Chrome, Edge, and even IE. Same results. Am I doing something wrong? I cant seem to download the unlock.bin file.

Save as unlock.bin and try it

bamfsig45

Dec 16, 2009
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Let me ask if this is the right way. When I click the link for my unlock code Im brought to a page with code. I then right click and save as unlock.bin. I run the fastboot flash cust-unlock command but get the following error.

C:\ADB\platform-tools>fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock.bin Sending 'cust-unlock' (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.002s] Writing 'cust-unlock' FAILED (remote: 'Error - Verify Failed ! (-1)') fastboot: error: Command failed

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: gcap18

gcap18

This is really funky. When I go to the OP unlock_token address and click the red button to download, nothing downloads. No option to save as.

I contacted technical support and they said they would contact me back in 24 hours, so I assume I'll never hear from anyone.
Let me ask if this is the right way. When I click the link for my unlock code Im brought to a page with code. I then right click and save as unlock.bin. I run the fastboot flash cust-unlock command but get the following error.

C:\ADB\platform-tools>fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock.bin Sending 'cust-unlock' (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.002s] Writing 'cust-unlock' FAILED (remote: 'Error - Verify Failed ! (-1)') fastboot: error: Command failed
I'm having this same problem as well.

Imgh05t

Nov 6, 2018
This is really funky. When I go to the OP unlock_token address and click the red button to download, nothing downloads. No option to save as.

I contacted technical support and they said they would contact me back in 24 hours, so I assume I'll never hear from anyone.

I'm having this same problem as well.
Same issue here as well

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I just checked the oneplus website to see what you guys are referring to. The unlock.bin should be 288bytes, but what the page is giving is obvious jibberish and 518 bytes. Obviously, oneplus broke their unlock token page. Try contacting support and make them aware that the tokens page is broken.

Reactions: gcap18

gcap18

I just checked the oneplus website to see what you guys are referring to. The unlock.bin should be 288bytes, but what the page is giving is obvious jibberish and 518 bytes. Obviously, oneplus broke their unlock token page. Try contacting support and make them aware that the tokens page is broken.
I appreciate you going the extra step and confirming it's not us. I've reached out to tech support numerous times. The response I get from tech support is "our phones aren't locked, you need to contact TMO." I don't think op trained tech support reps know about the unlock token. I literally sent multiple reps the hyperlink to the unlock token page and they still told me to contact TMO.

BobAzzon

May 10, 2017
Pittsburgh
Can confirm this also, got my unlock token email today, and went to download nothing but a bunch of jibberish symbol's....tech support is saying it's a TMobile problem...I tried explaining several times to 3 different people it's the one plus sites problem, and they basically kept telling me contact TMobile. Looks like this could be the end for us TMobile users, as OnePlus seems to think it's not their problem.

bamfsig45

Dec 16, 2009
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Can confirm this also, got my unlock token email today, and went to download nothing but a bunch of jibberish symbol's....tech support is saying it's a TMobile problem...I tried explaining several times to 3 different people it's the one plus sites problem, and they basically kept telling me contact TMobile. Looks like this could be the end for us TMobile users, as OnePlus seems to think it's not their problem.
Yea I've given up on Oneplus Support doing anything about it. Several email exchanges with them and they just dont get it.

Libra420T

So I used msmdownloadtool to get back to stock Tmo... After successful installation. I again unlocked Bootloader to flash global rom... Unfortunately problem still there... I have to manually flash Tmo modem img after every flash or ota 🤦‍♂️
anyone have latest 11.2.4.4 Tmo_Modem img?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all, this is a quick and simple guide to unlocking your T-Mobile locked bootloader. Just a reminder: unlocking the bootloader will wipe your data. The instructions here will apply to all T-Mobile OnePlus devices.

1. Unlock your SIM. Some options here
      1. Finding a sympathetic rep to unlock your device. I used the I'm a developer and need the device unlocked for work purposes and took 2 agents before I got mine unlocked.
      2. Finding an awesome XDAer who has the capability to do it, such as https://xdaforums.com/t/t-mobile-usa-free-sim-unlocking-service-oneplus-samsung-google-lg.4231597/ (never used this service, just an example but he seems active and still unlocking)
      3. Paying a (trusted) 3rd party service. I never used them, YMMV
      4. T-Mobile's official policy of waiting 40 days and paying off any balance on an EIP.
    2. Toggle OEM Unlocking in Developer Options.
    3. Jot down your IMEI with *#06#
    4. Reboot the device to bootloader. You can do this via ADB or advanced reboot options in Developer Options.
    5. On a computer with latest fastboot and OnePlus drivers installed, run:
      Code:
      fastboot oem get_unlock_code
    6. Fill out the unlock application on OP's site: https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token You should have all the necessary information to fill it out now.
    7. Wait for the unlock application to be processed. It can take up to 2 weeks, or even longer on a new device. You can enjoy your still-locked OP9P for now.
    8. Once the unlock application is processed, download the unlock file from the unlock site above, save it (as an example, I saved it as unlock.bin)
    9. With your device in bootloader again, run:
      Code:
      fastboot flash cust-unlock [path/to/unlock.bin]
      In my example, from the CWD as the unlock.bin file, I would run
      Code:
      fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock.bin
    10. Unlock your bootloader with the command:
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock

Congrats, your OnePlus device should now be unlocked!
    The unlock token came for me in exactly 7 days and 1 hour.

The magisk and stock boot.img for 11.2.2.2 is below for T-Mobile variant root
    Looks like the site is fixed, just downloaded my unlock bin. 288bytes
    Both of you have made statements that sound like you are talking about SIM unlocking. This is bootloader unlocking and is not related. T-Mobile support isn't there for you to unlock your bootloader and yes they will grant a temporary sim unlock if you need it.
    The device needs to be Sim unlocked before you can even attempt to bootloader unlock.
    Is this a OP9 series issue? I've never had to do this with 7 or 8 series from Tmo to Global... 🤔
    It's an OP9 Pro issue afaik, doesn't affect regular OP9