How to unlock your ROG2 phone via EDL mode!

Search This thread

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
ASUS ROG Gaming Phone 2 requires no installation of the official unlocked APK,

and unlocks the Bootloader directly through 9008 mode!

1. When the phone is off, press and hold the power button and the volume up button to enter the fastboot mode,

and then use the left socket to connect to the computer

2. Double-click to open "into_edl_mode.bat"

3. Open the MiFlash2020-3-14-0 folder-open XiaoMiFlash.exe-select the images folder in this package,

and then click to refresh the port, click to flash, about 5 seconds to finish

(If the Qualcomm driver is not installed on the computer, click driver--install)

4. Long press the three keys to restart the phone and enter the fastboot mode

5. Double-click to open "One key to unlock Bootloader.bat"

Now the phone is unlocked.

Then you have to flash in a RAW file to lose the phone’s normal status...

6.Double-click to open "FlashGlobal.bat"

When the waiting is complete, the phone will automatically restart and will not be locked.

download link:https://mega.nz/file/KR8hjThb#NSsfyQdq6VnBf72t73L8ME9MuAPH9E-7yDPngebMT48

Last edited:

Premananda_laishram

Dec 23, 2007
Damn! I should have waited for this. Too late. I used unlock tool. Now Asus has my unlock info.

One question. Can I relock if I originally unlocked using asus unlock apk tool???

Last edited:

Extreme184X

Feb 17, 2008
@johnny886,
Thank for this, I waited for something like this, wanted to unlock the bootloader without using that app that gives IMEI to asus, a total offline boot-loader unlock.
although i stuck in step 3 ".update_image_EDL.bat”, dos prompt instantly closes. It may be a driver issue, as im not familiar with drivers for this phone, can you upload the drivers, only thing missing in this pack.

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
to confirm.......
i have a factory locked, untouched WW 512 unit. If i use this tool, i can unlock WITHOUT Asus knowing? no downsides?

There are no disadvantages, the only benefit is that you can unlock your phone through EDL mode, no need to install UnlockTool.apk to apply for unlock! The ASUS server will not get your unlocked status, you can get upgrades via OTA later.

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
@johnny886,
Thank for this, I waited for something like this, wanted to unlock the bootloader without using that app that gives IMEI to asus, a total offline boot-loader unlock.
although i stuck in step 3 ".update_image_EDL.bat”, dos prompt instantly closes. It may be a driver issue, as im not familiar with drivers for this phone, can you upload the drivers, only thing missing in this pack.

Oh sorry, I forgot to upload the driver for Qualcomm! You can download and install this tool on your computer, and then follow the steps to unlock it! Download link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PRw4jcg0zQKLQnMz7gApMZtCYex1PfJM

Reactions: elebego

BakaValen

May 17, 2011
How about Burnt Fuses? Does something like this occur? Basically, i want to ensure that the fact that ive unlocked is hidden for warrenty. (I can always re-lock before sending back if i need to)

It would suck for them to tell me, that they wont service it because it was previously unlocked.

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
How about Burnt Fuses? Does something like this occur? Basically, i want to ensure that the fact that ive unlocked is hidden for warrenty. (I can always re-lock before sending back if i need to)

It would suck for them to tell me, that they wont service it because it was previously unlocked.

By unlocking this way, you can enjoy the warranty!

v3ll

Feb 9, 2011
Hi, i tried but stuck on step 3, any way to solve? tried to change the usb port but same thing happened.

on step 3:.Double click to open “1.update_image_EDL.bat”,
it said: {ERROR: WritePort:5164 Could not write to '\\.\COM10', Windows API WriteFile failed! Your device is probably *not* on this port, attempted 100 times

cyberelfzxy

Nov 30, 2019
@johnny886,
Hi, I installed the Qualcomm drivers but for step 3 "1.update_image_EDL.bat”, it still prompts and closes immediately and I'm not sure how to QPST or QFIL. Are there ways to fix the bat file or provide a more detaisl on using QPST or QFIL please?

dennis96411

Dec 9, 2011
¬_¬
So I did this and now my headphones jack isn't working. Has this happened to anyone else?

Update: The current workaround is to use the headphone jack of the included cooling fan.

Update 2: So it may have something to do with the bootloader that was flashed during the EDL unlocking process, which seems to be a generic SD855 bootloader. I came to this conclusion after I noticed that I was being limited to 70% battery charge. I flashed the WW 1910.35 OTA from ASUS' site and the battery now charges to 100%, but the headphone jack still remains broken. I will try to flash the WW 1910.44 update through fastboot when I get home, which I'm hoping will have whatever partition that was overwritten during the unlocking process.

Update 3: I figured it out. After using "fastboot flash boot TWRP.img" to boot into TWRP initially, I didn't flash the stock boot image again. This broke the headphone jack. So after booting into TWRP using that command, I had to flash the stock boot image first, then flash the TWRP and Magisk installers in that order. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

vygneys_vyg

Dec 20, 2018
So I did this and now my headphones jack isn't working. Has this happened to anyone else?

Update: The current workaround is to use the headphone jack of the included cooling fan.

Update 2: So it may have something to do with the bootloader that was flashed during the EDL unlocking process, which seems to be a generic SD855 bootloader. I came to this conclusion after I noticed that I was being limited to 70% battery charge. I flashed the WW 1910.35 OTA from ASUS' site and the battery now charges to 100%, but the headphone jack still remains broken. I will try to flash the WW 1910.44 update through fastboot when I get home, which I'm hoping will have whatever partition that was overwritten during the unlocking process.

Update 3: I figured it out. After using "fastboot flash boot TWRP.img" to boot into TWRP initially, I didn't flash the stock boot image again. This broke the headphone jack. So after booting into TWRP using that command, I had to flash the stock boot image first, then flash the TWRP and Magisk installers in that order. Hope this helps someone.

Hey, can you please tell me where to get the stock boot image for 1910.44?
Edit: Okay nevermind got it.

Last edited:

vygneys_vyg

Dec 20, 2018
Stuck on step 1.update_image_EDL.bat

Almost all of us are stuck on step 1.update_image_EDL.bat . The CMD window just shows and closes fast, and phone doesnt enter fastboot mode. I installed all drivers. Can you post guide on how to do that step using QPST or Miflash tools?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASUS ROG Gaming Phone 2 requires no installation of the official unlocked APK,

and unlocks the Bootloader directly through 9008 mode!

1. When the phone is off, press and hold the power button and the volume up button to enter the fastboot mode,

and then use the left socket to connect to the computer

2. Double-click to open "into_edl_mode.bat"

3. Open the MiFlash2020-3-14-0 folder-open XiaoMiFlash.exe-select the images folder in this package,

and then click to refresh the port, click to flash, about 5 seconds to finish

(If the Qualcomm driver is not installed on the computer, click driver--install)

4. Long press the three keys to restart the phone and enter the fastboot mode

5. Double-click to open "One key to unlock Bootloader.bat"

Now the phone is unlocked.

Then you have to flash in a RAW file to lose the phone’s normal status...

6.Double-click to open "FlashGlobal.bat"

When the waiting is complete, the phone will automatically restart and will not be locked.

download link:https://mega.nz/file/KR8hjThb#NSsfyQdq6VnBf72t73L8ME9MuAPH9E-7yDPngebMT48

Will this process factory reset or no ???

YES!
    @johnny886,

Oh sorry, I forgot to upload the driver for Qualcomm! You can download and install this tool on your computer, and then follow the steps to unlock it! Download link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PRw4jcg0zQKLQnMz7gApMZtCYex1PfJM
    Yes I was using the side port. But not entering fastboot wasn't the main issue. That command itself doesnt work and I can get a glimpse of "Error" in CMD when I run it. Tried reinstalling drivers, restarting PC. Did it work for you?
    Yeah I think it might be a driver issue. Try running "fastboot devices" and see if your device shows up. Also try running the commands in the batch file manually so you can see what's happening.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone