• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to unroot and update an old MIUI

Search This thread

neflux

Jun 21, 2018
Hi,
Years ago I successfully rooted my Xiaomi Mi 9 (M1902F1G). I don't remember how, I just remember waiting for the Xiaomi approval on my account to unlock the bootloader and that I was extra-careful regarding a non-decreasing integer number not to brick it or something like that. To avoid risking an unwanted unroot, I never updated the system (now at MIUI Global 10.2.14).

Now, for different reasons, I want to update to the last available version and unroot. What's the easiest way of doing it?

My system is currently offering an update to MIUI V11.0.6.0.QFAMIXM | Stable (2.3GB).
Should I just take it? Will device unroot and update or things could go wrong (soft/hard brick)?

I'm willing to follow specific instructions to unroot, and manually flash scripts or ROMs if you think it would be safer (I would like to keep my TWRP recovery).

I just don't know where to look on the internet. Even if you just pointed me to the right thread/forum, I would appreciate it, I cannot find much.

Thanks in advance

john_matrix

Nov 22, 2008
France
Hello,
Just flash the latest fastboot image version (select the flash_all_lock.bat or flash_all_lock.sh depending of your OS).
You will lose everything on the phone and you can't keep TWRP installed.

Reactions: neflux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Just flash the latest fastboot image version (select the flash_all_lock.bat or flash_all_lock.sh depending of your OS).
    You will lose everything on the phone and you can't keep TWRP installed.