[HOW TO] UNROOT, get phone to STOCK firmware

Search This thread

karlb619

Jan 20, 2009
So I followed your method lucid and i flashed the recovery image. Then I rebooted and got the screen with the triangle with the exclamation point in the middle and the phone next to it. I hit alt s and then it acts like its is gonna apply it and then it says installation aborted, and then a bunch of other numbers. what can i do?

ThR1LL

Apr 8, 2009
Houston, TX
Added to the informative links sticky.

It already is. Now it's listed twice.

EDIT:

I unrooted my phone today bc I needed to go to T-Mobile for something and I used the AnyCut update trick going from RC29 to CRC1 and I searched for 1.5 and it downloaded the updated immediately.

Last edited:

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Very good guide. Very easy to understand.

I am sending my g1 back to t-mobile for a new one so I had to revert to stock. Im on RC29 now and I was wondering do I have to upgrade to RC30 or RC33? I don't want them to be like well he had his g1 for over 3 months and no updates at all ya no? I need help asap before having to ship my G1 in. Thanks

ninetimes

Sep 22, 2009
I've got a couple problems. When I go to the home+power screen, I hit alt+l and get a ( E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command ) but it lets me flash the g1bootloader file fine.

Then i also get the serial0 error once I go into the rainbow screen.

I don't know what to do now because I can't even get past the g1 screen.

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Very good guide. Very easy to understand.

I am sending my g1 back to t-mobile for a new one so I had to revert to stock. Im on RC29 now and I was wondering do I have to upgrade to RC30 or RC33? I don't want them to be like well he had his g1 for over 3 months and no updates at all ya no? I need help asap before having to ship my G1 in. Thanks

Also is there a way to clear the Apps that are in the My Downloads folder Market>menu>my downloads

flexnix

Apr 3, 2009
Miami, FL
www.b00t.com
Help? :(

typed:

Code:
fastboot erase splash2

and it says: "erasing 'splash2'....FAILED (remote: partition is not existed!)"

splash2.jpg

deafptl4ever

Aug 30, 2009
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Dont Go Back to Stupid Stock For G1!!!!!!

It is sad to see some people are panicing and trying to get their phones back to stock before they rooted their phones. Even if Cyanogen were not ever allowed to make another rom update, in which I do not believe the case, we still have a fantastic phone. Cyanogens latest 4.1.11.1 rom mod will always be way better than anything TMO puts out for the G1. TMO said they would have 3 updates. Two large and one small. We had one large, the 1.5, and the small one in which was the security update. The last large update was the soon to be 1.6 Donut. Cyanogen's 4.1.11.1 already has that and much more! If we never get another update from Cyanogen, dont go back to stock for crying out loud. The 4.1.11.1 is way far ahead than the last Donut update thats coming out. There are not going to be anymore updates for the G1. The Android 2.0 is going to the Android Shole for Verizon. I am just feeling very blessed that I have Cyanogens latest build on my phone. My phone now will always be far superior than what TMO and Android has for the G1. Dont be stipid and go back to the original stock man. You will quickly see what a mistake that is. Cyanogen, if we never get an update for our G1, in which I dont believe will be the case, I say thanks from the bottom of my heart for making my cell phone, the G1, far greater than it was meant to be!!!!

AustinAce

Aug 29, 2009
Horizon City
1. Get the original SPL for your phone, get it here
2. Rename it to update.zip and copy it to your sd card. /sdcard
3. Download the DREAIMG.nbh from here.
4. Place DREAIMG.nbh on the root of your SD card. /sdcard
5. Go into your phones recovery. [Hold the home & power button]
6. Push Alt+S on your G1 to flash it with update.zip
7. After it does its thing, getting back to your home screen.

OKAY DID THIS AND I NOW i HAVE THE ORIGINAL SPL.
Now I want to know how to apply the Dream because every time I click to apply it, it doesn't work. :/

it says

E:No signature (3 files)
E: Verification Failed

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
It is sad to see some people are panicing and trying to get their phones back to stock before they rooted their phones. Even if Cyanogen were not ever allowed to make another rom update, in which I do not believe the case, we still have a fantastic phone. Cyanogens latest 4.1.11.1 rom mod will always be way better than anything TMO puts out for the G1. TMO said they would have 3 updates. Two large and one small. We had one large, the 1.5, and the small one in which was the security update. The last large update was the soon to be 1.6 Donut. Cyanogen's 4.1.11.1 already has that and much more! If we never get another update from Cyanogen, dont go back to stock for crying out loud. The 4.1.11.1 is way far ahead than the last Donut update thats coming out. There are not going to be anymore updates for the G1. The Android 2.0 is going to the Android Shole for Verizon. I am just feeling very blessed that I have Cyanogens latest build on my phone. My phone now will always be far superior than what TMO and Android has for the G1. Dont be stipid and go back to the original stock man. You will quickly see what a mistake that is. Cyanogen, if we never get an update for our G1, in which I dont believe will be the case, I say thanks from the bottom of my heart for making my cell phone, the G1, far greater than it was meant to be!!!!

So your saying that if something happend to your G1 you would sent it in with customs roms and etc? Then you would have to pay for a new phone. Modding voids your warranty if you have one.

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
UNROOT

So your saying that if something happend to your G1 you would sent it in with customs roms and etc? Then you would have to pay for a new phone. Modding voids your warranty if you have one.

no .. it doesn't .. you can send a phone back to them with mods and there is no void of any warranty .. this is a common misconception .. there is no need to return the phone to some specific fashion before sending it back .. you would obviously be sending it back due to some hardware issue and not software

gospeed.racer

Aug 19, 2007
Sometimes there is a fuzzy line between the two though, like on one of my G1's the accelerometer quit working. I tried reflashing multiple roms, and it never would start. Files were missing, making it look like the hardware was at fault (like it was not "found"). I returned it to original and sent it to HTC. They say they just reflashed it, and now it works great. If I had left the modded rom on it, they would have charged me, as it was MY fault being software related. Just adding my own $.02.

AndroidFiend

Jul 5, 2009
New Jersey
so basically your gonna have to rename the spl and dreaming.nbh to update.zip

how would the phones recovery recognize it or which 1 do i flash first and not understanding what to do in bootloader.

EDIT: also would the recovery img go back to stock too?

Last edited:

karlb619

Jan 20, 2009
7. After it does its thing, getting back to your home screen.

OKAY DID THIS AND I NOW i HAVE THE ORIGINAL SPL.
Now I want to know how to apply the Dream because every time I click to apply it, it doesn't work. :/

it says

E:No signature (3 files)
E: Verification Failed

I am having the same problem. After it says verification failed, it says installation aborted. What do I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok since there are 5 threads right now on the first page about how to do it and there shouldn't be, this is what you do, i will not link anything to anything because you should be able to find everything pretty easily(they are all stickies)

so all of you that messed something up on your phone and need to get it back into warranty this is how, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

NOTE: if you have flashed a custom splash screen to splash2 then you will need to erase that before step one with this code
    plug phone into usb in fastboot mode
    Code:
    fastboot erase splash2
    After that you will have only one splash screen and when you flash the .nbh you will be fine

7. After it does its thing, gettig back to your home screen.
    4. Start phone in bootloader. [Hold camera+power button]
    5. Hit power to start the update DO NOT INTERRUPT!! i can not stress this enough.
    6. Click on the action button(track ball) and your phone will reboot.
    7. YOU NOW HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE, it will update on it's own in a little bit, or *Settings>About phone>System Updates*