How to update keeping data MIUI 12 (12.0.4)

Search This thread

Casualnooblord

Dec 7, 2020
After update to 12.0.3.0 EEA settings are renamed to 'This choice is no longer valid. Try again.' and when you open settings it gets opened in a floating window mode. You can only see the settings in darkmode, as in lightmode the text is blacked out. In addition, MIUI stock wallpaper app is crashing on start up and camera is named 'Cancel' (but works properly nonetheless). Weird stuff. Any ideas?

For some reason TWRP doesnt ask for password anymore and says my phone in encrypted. Removing password/fingerprint doesnt help. I have a nandroid backup from MIUI 12.0.2.0 EEA but when I try to restore from external SD card (since internal is encrypted) I can only restore like 5 partitions, or ~800 mb even though the full nandroid backup is something like 18 GB.

donkyshot

Dec 19, 2011
After update to 12.0.3.0 EEA settings are renamed to 'This choice is no longer valid. Try again.' and when you open settings it gets opened in a floating window mode. You can only see the settings in darkmode, as in lightmode the text is blacked out. In addition, MIUI stock wallpaper app is crashing on start up and camera is named 'Cancel' (but works properly nonetheless). Weird stuff. Any ideas?

For some reason TWRP doesnt ask for password anymore and says my phone in encrypted. Removing password/fingerprint doesnt help. I have a nandroid backup from MIUI 12.0.2.0 EEA but when I try to restore from external SD card (since internal is encrypted) I can only restore like 5 partitions, or ~800 mb even though the full nandroid backup is something like 18 GB.

Weird. Did you flash full ROM not OTA?
Mounted and formatted system before flashing?

Kronos911

Dec 10, 2020

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_082311.jpg
    IMG_20210103_082311.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: donkyshot

donkeyman1234

Dec 29, 2009
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Sony Xperia 1 II

It occurred to me when I updated from global 12.0.6 to 12.0.7. Twrp did not ask password and data was encrypted. It didn't happen when I updated from global 12.0.3 to 12.0.6. I just had to flash 12.0.6 again. Don't know why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to report that I just upgraded to 12.0.4 (QGGEUXM) following the instructions on the first post and everything went smooth as butter!
    Thank you once again Donkyshot! 🙏😊
    Update to 12.0.4

Successfully updated by flashing recovery rom without losing recovery, data or root.
    Assuming you are upgrading from MIUI, LR TWRP recovery installed (non-CFW). Rooting is optional.

- CREATE FULL BACKUP FIRST JUST IN CASE!

- Download magisk 22 or use the attached zip
    - Rename the .apk file extension to .zip, for example: Magisk v22.1.apk → Magisk-v22.1.zip

- Reboot to recovery
    - In TWRP mount system, cache, dalvik, vendor
    - Format system, cache, dalvik, vendor
    - Flash full recovery rom (not OTA)
    - Mount system (yes, again)
    - Go to Advanced > file manager
    - Go to system_root > system and delete "recovery-from-boot.p"
    - Go home and again go to advanced and Select "Close AVB2.0" swipe to confirm.
    - Flash Magisk
    - Reboot the device to system.

Happy flashing.
    Updated topic and first thread to MIUI 12.0.30 Same procedure.
    Happy flashing.
    Updated topic and first thread to MIUI 12.0.30 Same procedure.
    Happy flashing.
    Followed procedure.. updated to 12.0.5
    Screenshot_2021-03-03-20-02-25-103_com.android.settings.jpg

Updated to 12.0.4.0 EU, updated magisk to 22.
    Just wanted to report that I just upgraded to 12.0.4 (QGGEUXM) following the instructions on the first post and everything went smooth as butter!
    Thank you once again Donkyshot! 🙏😊
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone