• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HOW TO] Update Perfect SPL without Gold card

Search This thread

liberatemail

Jul 21, 2009
How to fix perfect SPL without Gold card. Include new 1.33.2013 SPL.

It’s possible to flash engineering SPLs, to replace your prefect SPL (1.33.2006, 1.33.2010, 1.33.2013, other) without Gold card. I did it on my 32B, sure method will work on 32A and other devices.

First short idea, then in steps.

First root your phone (soft root), then through Market download ROM Manager app, install Clockwork (or alternate Amon_RA) recovery, and immediately press boot into recovery. Phone will reboot into recovery, and now you can flash engineering SPL from SD card.

Now by steps

1. Download Engineering SPL from Amon_RA collection here. Put it (zip file) to your FAT32 formatted SD card. (1.33.2005 is common working)

2. Download newest version of SuperOneClick rooting program from here. Install program to your PC.

3. Connect phone, run program and use button Shell Root. This will soft root your phone. (Please read details instructions in program topic).

4. From phone, through Market, install 'ROM Manager' application. (Internet connection required).

5. Run app, press install Clockwork (or alternate Amon_RA) recovery. App will download latest recovery and install it. Immediately press boot to recovery.

6. Phone will boot into recovery, choose 'flash zip from SD' and choose your previously downloaded Engineering SPL.

7. After flash will ask to reboot, and choose reboot from menu.

8. After reboot phone will finish flashing SPL, and DONE!

NOW U can reboot into recovery yourself, by pressing 'HOME' + 'POWER' keys (from switched off phone). From recovery U can flash Radio, ROMS, do backup, etc.

If U would flash ROM, recommend to try Cyanogen MOD ROM first. There are detailed instructions for flashing on Cyanogen WIKI page.

If on step 6 phone not boot into Recovery, but showing splash screen with '!' sigh. Reboot phone and back to step 3 and go through steps again, but on step 5 flash OTHER recovery then used previously (Clockwork OR Amon_ra). Please keep in mind, (1) that Soft Root working until reboot, and (2) that You have to reboot into recovery immediately after flashing it. Other ways U have to start again, from step 3.

Would mention, that most ROMs not working with newest radio, and You have to flash old radio to ROMs start loading on your device.

Thanks to CLShortFuse, Amon_RA and all other developers.

Last edited:

liberatemail

Jul 21, 2009
After spending one day for SPL hack and flashing 12 different ROMs I've ended with recovering original latest Google ROM FR83D. Because no other could compare to fast and stable of original unrooted rom.

Last edited:

TheBladeofFate

Jul 2, 2010
AMAZING!

This worked for me with the 2010 SPL for my MyTouch 3G 1.2. I don't know how or why, but this is amazing. I've bricked my phone from trying to change the SPL, and this worked perfectly. I think there is a simpler method to this though.
I got full root using Universal Androot, then flashed the stock +Rooted MyTouch 3G 1.2 ROM. If you do this, then you can start from step 6.
THIS IS AMAZING. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

franky_402

Jul 23, 2010
chi , USA
when i flash the recovery and boot into it just goes to the green mytouch splash screen and does nothing.. if i try to boot into recovery manually with power and home it goes to the black screen with the exclamation triangle and a phone...

liberatemail

Jul 21, 2009
when i flash the recovery and boot into it just goes to the green mytouch splash screen and does nothing.. if i try to boot into recovery manually with power and home it goes to the black screen with the exclamation triangle and a phone...

If on step 6 phone not boot into Recovery, but showing splash screen with '!' sigh. Reboot phone and back to step 3 and go through steps again, but on step 5 flash OTHER recovery then used previously (Clockwork OR Amon_ra). Please keep in mind, (1) that Soft Root working until reboot, and (2) that You have to reboot into recovery immediately after flashing it. Other ways U have to start again, from step 3.

smapdi

Mar 22, 2008
So I tried flashing a new SPL following this method. I got softroot and installed Amon Ra's recovery via ROM Manager. I then booted into recovery and flashed Engineering SPL 1.33.2010 (seemed like the newest version) now my phone is stuck in a boot loop.

I can get into recovery but the phone will not boot into the OS or anything.

Prior to this, my HBOOT was 1.33.0013 (the one that came with the official 2.2.1 update from T-Mobile)

Any thoughts on how I could fix this? This isn't my primary phone since I have a G2 but I would like to get my old MyTouch3G to work.

----UPDATE----
I got into fastboot (forgot that I needed to hold the back button) and I see that HBOOT is now 1.33.2010 and I have S-OFF. Is there some incompatibility with my radio (shows 2.22.29.25) and this HBOOT?

Last edited:

liberatemail

Jul 21, 2009
After SPL flash U have to flash ROM and some times radio too. New ROMs will not work with older SPLs and new radios some time not work with some ROMs. So, flash new ROM from Recovery.

I would recommend to flash Cyanogen MOD ROM for first try. There are detailed instructions for flashing on Cyanogen WIKI page? dont flash SPL, because U already did, start from step ROM flash.

Good luck

So I tried flashing a new SPL following this method. I got softroot and installed Amon Ra's recovery via ROM Manager. I then booted into recovery and flashed Engineering SPL 1.33.2010 (seemed like the newest version) now my phone is stuck in a boot loop.

I can get into recovery but the phone will not boot into the OS or anything.

Prior to this, my HBOOT was 1.33.0013 (the one that came with the official 2.2.1 update from T-Mobile)

Any thoughts on how I could fix this? This isn't my primary phone since I have a G2 but I would like to get my old MyTouch3G to work.

----UPDATE----
I got into fastboot (forgot that I needed to hold the back button) and I see that HBOOT is now 1.33.2010 and I have S-OFF. Is there some incompatibility with my radio (shows 2.22.29.25) and this HBOOT?

ginoyang

Aug 7, 2009
Taipei
I am trying to help my friend to flash his magic 32a which with original HTC sense android 1.5. I did root it but coouldn't install Rom manager 3.0.1.3. Which version do I need, I found or on market but it's not free like I install on my ginger yoshi magic, why?

Sent from my HTC Magic/Dream using XDA App

liberatemail

Jul 21, 2009
ROM manager avaible from Market.

To install original ROM try to look recovery flashing in top topics

I am trying to help my friend to flash his magic 32a which with original HTC sense android 1.5. I did root it but coouldn't install Rom manager 3.0.1.3. Which version do I need, I found or on market but it's not free like I install on my ginger yoshi magic, why?

facevalue

Jul 17, 2009
Error occurred while attempting to run priveledged commands

Rogers HTC Magic
pvt 32a
spl: 1.76.0010 (50000)
radio: 6.35.16.19
build:3.54.631.4

I run soft root on superoneclick and it says I'm rooted. Installed Rom Manager. Attempted to 'Flash ClockworkMod' and got the following message: 'An Error occurred while attempting to run priveledged commands'. Re-ran Superoneclick and it says device is already rooted. Any ideas?

liberatemail

Jul 21, 2009
Rogers HTC Magic
pvt 32a
spl: 1.76.0010 (50000)
radio: 6.35.16.19
build:3.54.631.4

I run soft root on superoneclick and it says I'm rooted. Installed Rom Manager. Attempted to 'Flash ClockworkMod' and got the following message: 'An Error occurred while attempting to run priveledged commands'. Re-ran Superoneclick and it says device is already rooted. Any ideas?

try to install alternate recovery manager from Rom Manager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to fix perfect SPL without Gold card. Include new 1.33.2013 SPL.

It’s possible to flash engineering SPLs, to replace your prefect SPL (1.33.2006, 1.33.2010, 1.33.2013, other) without Gold card. I did it on my 32B, sure method will work on 32A and other devices.

First short idea, then in steps.

First root your phone (soft root), then through Market download ROM Manager app, install Clockwork (or alternate Amon_RA) recovery, and immediately press boot into recovery. Phone will reboot into recovery, and now you can flash engineering SPL from SD card.

Now by steps

1. Download Engineering SPL from Amon_RA collection here. Put it (zip file) to your FAT32 formatted SD card. (1.33.2005 is common working)

2. Download newest version of SuperOneClick rooting program from here. Install program to your PC.

3. Connect phone, run program and use button Shell Root. This will soft root your phone. (Please read details instructions in program topic).

4. From phone, through Market, install 'ROM Manager' application. (Internet connection required).

5. Run app, press install Clockwork (or alternate Amon_RA) recovery. App will download latest recovery and install it. Immediately press boot to recovery.

6. Phone will boot into recovery, choose 'flash zip from SD' and choose your previously downloaded Engineering SPL.

7. After flash will ask to reboot, and choose reboot from menu.

8. After reboot phone will finish flashing SPL, and DONE!

NOW U can reboot into recovery yourself, by pressing 'HOME' + 'POWER' keys (from switched off phone). From recovery U can flash Radio, ROMS, do backup, etc.

If U would flash ROM, recommend to try Cyanogen MOD ROM first. There are detailed instructions for flashing on Cyanogen WIKI page.

Would mention, that most ROMs not working with newest radio, and You have to flash old radio to ROMs start loading on your device.

Thanks to CLShortFuse, Amon_RA and all other developers.