(How-To)update the Samsung drivers on 7720.

Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
Allot of us forced the mango update on Zune, but did not get the new drivers from Samsung.
So here it is a quick and dirty way of getting you phone up to date:)

Download the package from Here.
Unrar it to you pc.
Plug in you Omnia ,make sure Zune is not open.

If you have windows x64 click on the update-driversx64.bat shortcut.
If you have windows x86 click on the update-driversx86.bat shortcut
Follow the promps...

Notes:
You doing this at you own risk.
update can take up to 30 minutes
Tested in windows xp with an unbranded Omnia7, in windows vista or seven you may need to run the shortcut as an administrator.
After the update your Firmware version should be 24.11.8.5 and Bootloader version should be 5.8.1.9
You doing this at you own risk.

Good Luck.

cerato

Jan 13, 2009
As I see from FW number and BL version, these should be drivers from KH5 FW.
What's the difference, if any at all, with KH2 FE, i. e

FW 2424.11.8.2
BL 5.8.0.8

Radio is the same in both - 2424.11.7.2

rgds

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
I updated to Mango and ended up with the 2424.11.8.2 firmware instead of 2424.11.8.5 as well. Very tempted to use this method to update my Omnia 7. Will using this method cause any problems updating via Zune in the future?

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
I updated to Mango and ended up with the 2424.11.8.2 firmware instead of 2424.11.8.5 as well. Very tempted to use this method to update my Omnia 7. Will using this method cause any problems updating via Zune in the future?
No,since this is an official update.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
As I see from FW number and BL version, these should be drivers from KH5 FW.
What's the difference, if any at all, with KH2 FE, i. e

FW 2424.11.8.2
BL 5.8.0.8

Radio is the same in both - 2424.11.7.2

rgds
As far as i know they are the same.:)

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
i have the unofficial RTM.will work anyway?
Im not 100% sure but it should, the update only goes thrue if required by the device, if the devices does not need it or not compatible the update gets discarded.

Forzahibs

Mar 8, 2011
Glenrothes , Fife
I had the Mango flashed following threads from here from a month or so ago , a night or 2 ago i got 1 update (A Samsung update) i have had no others though i have the fw and bl mention in the first post . Am i up to date with only this one update ??
Others have mentioned "Beta clean ups" i haven't had these

EDDS

Nov 24, 2007
worked like a charm, I needed this to get the wifi tethering to work, had the option there any everything but needed the sammy drivers.

Spookidoodles

Aug 25, 2011
Dunstable, UK
I have an Omnia 7 that is "3" branded. I was running RTM 7220, plugged my phone into zune and it had 10 updates..

am I right in thinking I now have official Mango? so confused as everyone else seems to say the update hasn't come for us yet, but mines there now with hidden wifi and everything..

vosathanh

Dec 27, 2007
Installed the update and it works like a charm. Thank you.
Before :
FW : 24.11.2.3
Bootloader : 5.2.1.4
After:
FW : 24.11.8.5
Bootloader : 5.8.1.9

techdave

Jun 25, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm getting update error on Mango 7720.

This is my Mango upgrade path..
NoDo -> ISV Beta -> 7403 -> 7720

I've been unable to install the Samsung Firmware, all I get is:
Error:
Update device 9d76937d - e66da2ea - e6327312 - f45fcae9 Complete with error code
: 80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error

The only restore point that I have is NoDo+Prov.cab that brought my phone to the Beta path (takesonetomango tool). Meaning that if I connect my phone to Zune, it says that the 'ISV Beta' update is available.

Anyone have any idea on how I could get the latest firmware? or possibile unprovision my phone so I could get on the normal path..and hopefully get the firmwares through the official production server?

I'm hoping that I won't need to reflash my device as it contains many SMS messages that I'd like to keep.

Wheezle

Nov 9, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm getting update error on Mango 7720.

This is my Mango upgrade path..
NoDo -> ISV Beta -> 7403 -> 7720

I've been unable to install the Samsung Firmware, all I get is:

The only restore point that I have is NoDo+Prov.cab that brought my phone to the Beta path (takesonetomango tool). Meaning that if I connect my phone to Zune, it says that the 'ISV Beta' update is available.

Anyone have any idea on how I could get the latest firmware? or possibile unprovision my phone so I could get on the normal path..and hopefully get the firmwares through the official production server?

I'm hoping that I won't need to reflash my device as it contains many SMS messages that I'd like to keep.

I'm getting the same error. This is really frustrating.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone