• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(How-To)update the Samsung drivers on 7720.

Search This thread

amaric

Dec 16, 2007
For one it updates the sensor drivers, for instances, without this update the compass does not work.

Interesting...me and friend from work both forced the Mango update. We didn't get new firmware with update. We both have :

FW 2424.11.8.2
Radio 2424.11.7.2
BL 5.8.0.8

Compass on his phone works just fine. On mine it does not. The only difference is that my phone is unlocked.

Last edited:

UbiMaiden

Dec 23, 2008
I had 7720 RTM, and few days back i received Samsung update trough Zune. Updated it and Compass 7 works.
MY FW
FW : 24.11.8.5
Bootloader : 5.8.1.9

Of course i have unlocked device.

andylyf

May 17, 2004
Interesting...me and friend from work both forced the Mango update. We didn't get new firmware with update. We both have :

FW 2424.11.8.2
Radio 2424.11.7.2
BL 5.8.0.8

Compass on his phone works just fine. On mine it does not. The only difference is that my phone is unlocked.

to enable compass, uninstall your current diagnosis and reinstall again...
mine works fine...

Kopacha

Oct 18, 2008
Sooo... i've ran the program... it's all went well, until the second reboot ... then after some time, the program threw this error in it's log:

Code:
UpdateWP.exe Information: 0 : 5.10.2011 г. 19:31:06 ч.: Receive Removal Event!
UpdateWP.exe Information: 0 : 5.10.2011 г. 19:35:06 ч.: Arrival Event Timeout!
UpdateWP.exe Error: 0 : 5.10.2011 г. 19:35:06 ч. Reboot timeout
UpdateWP.exe Error: 0 : 5.10.2011 г. 19:35:06 ч.: Update Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout occured while waiting for the device to reboot.
   at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.Device.Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.IDevice.Update(String[] URIs, UpdateType UpdateType, Action`1 progressMadeCallback, Object context)

Now my phone is stuck to the Samsung Omnia 7 boot logo and it's not proceeding further. I never read in the thread that those drivers are Mango exclusive so i've tried it on my current NoDo (7392) software (since i was hoping the this update will somehow made the "force trick to update to Mango-lan-cable thingy" work (and this way - bypassing the stupid T-Mobile branding wait, since they are still not pushing the 7720 update).

So any ideas now guys? I'm not yet in panic phaze, but any advice and tips are welcome ??

Last edited:

nestavaro

Dec 27, 2008
Sooo... i've ran the program... it's all went well, until the second reboot ... then after some time, the program threw this error in it's log:

Now my phone is stuck to the Samsung Omnia 7 boot logo and it's not proceeding further. I never read in the thread that those drivers are Mango exclusive so i've tried it on my current NoDo (7392) software (since i was hoping the this update will somehow made the "force trick to update to Mango-lan-cable thingy" work (and this way - bypassing the stupid T-Mobile branding wait, since they are still not pushing the 7720 update).

So any ideas now guys? I'm not yet in panic phaze, but any advice and tips are welcome ??

I have T-Mobile Omnia.7 too, thanks God I have read this before trying to update firmware.

Kopacha

Oct 18, 2008
I have T-Mobile Omnia.7 too, thanks God I have read this before trying to update firmware.

Ain't you a helpful chap :rolleyes:

Anyway, solved my issues myself, in case somebody is interested
- Download mode worked perfectly - true a lost some notes, and couple of wallpapers, and pictures, but there weren't many options left.
Now i'm with unbranded (got rid of the ****ing T-mobile shait rom), OEM rom, Mango updated, and unlocked. And everything is perfect.

One unlock side of the things - apply InteropUnclok.by.Heatcliff.74.xap before updating to Mango, or you won't have an unlock after update.

nestavaro

Dec 27, 2008
Ain't you a helpful chap :rolleyes:

Anyway, solved my issues myself, in case somebody is interested
- Download mode worked perfectly - true a lost some notes, and couple of wallpapers, and pictures, but there weren't many options left.
Now i'm with unbranded (got rid of the ****ing T-mobile shait rom), OEM rom, Mango updated, and unlocked. And everything is perfect.

One unlock side of the things - apply InteropUnclok.by.Heatcliff.74.xap before updating to Mango, or you won't have an unlock after update.

I am confused,
- This is DRIVER update, not FIRMWARE update, isn't it?
- We have to turn the phone into DOWNLOAD mode to update its driver?
- Will this updating remove phone data (phone numbers, SMS, media files...)?
- by saying "unlock" here, you mean "Jailbreak", isn't it?
- I have Nodo, not a jailbroken phone (actually I don't know if it was jailbroken and/or how to check that status), so if I have it updated this Driver without apply Inter...xap, can I make a phone call again?

thank you for your help

Last edited:

xyap

Jul 8, 2007
Allot of us forced the mango update on Zune, but did not get the new drivers from Samsung.
So here it is a quick and dirty way of getting you phone up to date:)

Download the package from Here.
Unrar it to you pc.
Plug in you Omnia ,make sure Zune is not open.

If you have windows x64 click on the update-driversx64.bat shortcut.
If you have windows x86 click on the update-driversx86.bat shortcut
Follow the promps...

Notes:
You doing this at you own risk.
update can take up to 30 minutes
Tested in windows xp with an unbranded Omnia7, in windows vista or seven you may need to run the shortcut as an administrator.
After the update your Firmware version should be 24.11.8.5 and Bootloader version should be 5.8.1.9
You doing this at you own risk.

Good Luck.
thank you faria. this was the missing link to successfully enable internet sharing on my omnia 7 :D before i got every time an error when enableling IS.

abdelamine

Aug 6, 2006
blida
i have the MANGO update with the cable trick .but my firmware is : 222.11.8.5

not 2424.11.8.5 so can i install this update without loosing all my apps & games?

robert_tlse

Jul 21, 2010
Toulouse
Keep getting:
"Two or more packages in the update contain the same file"

I did however switch my rom from a original SFR France rom to a Orange UK XXJL6 one, because i bought a used omnia which was on sfr, while i was on orange, and zune just wasn't updating (even tho the phone was carrier unlocked)..

After this zune went through all the updates flawlessly, straight to 7.10.7720.68

However i'm stuck with this:
FW : 0222.11.8.5
Radio: 2424.11.7.2
Boot : 5.8.1.9

Well ..i guess it's just the FW that's not up to date, and compass ain't working.

If anyone knows if/how/which we can just upgrade individual .pkg's from the sam's drivers package, that would be cool ..otherwise, if i"m courageous enough, i might just flash a more recent rom next WE, and then go through all the updates again ..sigh :)

-
Thanks

Last edited:
E

experience7

Thanks, worked great for me :) I've noticed some changes with the buttons (accident-safe) and.. Tethering works for me now :)

Another question: Where to get those official updates? I don't find anything on Samsung's website :eek:

Thanks in advance,
experience7

Aug 9, 2008
London
Hi Guys i am having a problem updating my Omnia 7 [ Orange UK unlocked, Chevron + Interop. And did Force method to get mango (7.10.7720.6B) ]

My issue is when i run the x64 batch i get this error cropping up:-
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/error_update.jpg?w=0f54a8dc

This is my current Omnia 7:-
FW: 0222.11.8.5
HW: 3.15.0.4
Boot: 5.8.1.9

Any idea if there is a problem with just my phone or is there a work around to get this to work?

gremmmy

Nov 19, 2009
uhmzz.. I tried this way and i got this error...

Error:
Update device b768cf1e - 480ac6ee - be48e0ae - 89faa3d7 Complete with error code
: 80180011, error message: IU (Image Update)-installatie op de telefoon is mislu
kt: geen van de pakketten in de update zijn toepasbaar.

translation:

installation on the phone failed: none of the packages in the update are applicable.

Before i flashed it I already got :

FW: 2424.11.8.5
HW: 3.15.0.4
Boot: 5.8.1.9

I did the flash because I don't have internet sharing ...

Top Liked Posts