How to update to the latest Software via Odin - also for flashing/unbricking any firmware

Search This thread

alonav

Mar 26, 2010
Hello everyone! I made a tutorial regarding flashing the latest updates, flashing custom ROMs or unbricking your device:

Video guide:

Steps:
1. Download and extract both Frija and Odin.
2. Launch Frija.
3. Check the "Auto" button. Write your device's Model Number and CSC
(Your model number is at Settings, then About phone).
4. Click on "Check Update".
5. Click on "Download" and choose a folder to save the firmware.
6. After the download is complete, extract the firmware .zip.
7. Launch Odin.
8. Click the "BL" button and select the file that starts with "BL_...".
9. Click the "AP" button and select the file that starts with "AP_...".
10. Click the "CP" button and select the file that starts with "CP_...".
11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
12. Turn off your phone.
13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
14. After booting into Download Mode, press the Volume Up button to continue.
15. Back to Odin, click "Start".
16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
17. Congrats! You have successfully flashed the latest update to your device.
18. After your phone is on, turn it off again.
19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
21. Select "Yes".
22. Select "Reboot system now".

Links:
Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

I hope it helps you! :)
Hi, thank you for that but I tried to install a stock but different regions FW and Odin passed but the FW didn't change. i also ticked the USB debugging & OEM with no luck...any idea?

Hello everyone! I made a tutorial regarding flashing the latest updates, flashing custom ROMs or unbricking your device:

Video guide:

Steps:
2. Launch Frija.
7. Launch Odin.
11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
12. Turn off your phone.
13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
21. Select "Yes".

Links:
Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

Thank you!!! great video!! Just what I was looking for..!

Reactions: BredzProh

Tuxedo.Bond

Feb 22, 2013
I installed Verizon branded firmware on a phone. If I install an updated Verizon branded firmware on top of the old, will it reset all the settings, layout, etc or will it function the same as an over the air update and leave things in place? For some reason it shows as having no updates available when using Smart Switch or from within the phone itself and is stuck on firmware ending in AUDB.

Badger50

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Dear members, please post in English as per XDA Rule #4. Thank you.

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

-Regards: Badger50 FSM

Thanks for that!

I am from Brazil and wanted to install my regional stock ROM but everytime I did it, it went back to my carrier's ROM.

What I did in this case was installing an OXM csc (the german DBT) and then trying again with my stock regional ROM (ZTO).
Removed my SIM card and didn't connect to wifi untill I was sure the stock ROM sticked to the phone.

PS: If anyone reading wants a rom from the OXM multipack and is having troubles, try using the Brazilian ZTO stock rom and then go back to yours.
Hello I'm from Brazil too but when flashed back ZTO I'm getting ARO from Argentina though my sim is from Claro Brazil any idea how to set it back to ZTO ?
Thnx

kayquequad

Apr 27, 2022
I followed all the process, but my phones is stuck at " the phone is starting ", i can't access my apps but I can receive calls, access settings .
Samsung s10+
PLS HELP

kayquequad

Apr 27, 2022
I followed all the process, but my phones is stuck at " the phone is starting ", i can't access my apps but I can receive calls, access settings .
Samsung s10+
PLS HELP

bellick

May 14, 2015
Hi, I'm still running android 11 and yet to upgrade to android 12. Is it possible to flash and downgrade back to android 11 after upgrading?

clesiocooper

Feb 1, 2015
I have Samsung galaxy s 10 Model Number SM-G973N , it is network career locked (LG U+), i don't know how to unlock it to support my sim card, i am now trying to install a different firmware model number SM-G973U which is universal but odin fails installing.
Please help.

BredzProh

Apr 7, 2018
www.youtube.com
I have Samsung galaxy s 10 Model Number SM-G973N , it is network career locked (LG U+), i don't know how to unlock it to support my sim card, i am now trying to install a different firmware model number SM-G973U which is universal but odin fails installing.
Please help.
Hello!
You can't flash a different model's firmware. You should only flash SM-G973N firmware.
Try flashing a non-carrier CSC using the CSC_ file (not HOME_CSC_). Back up your data because it will be wiped!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Video guide:

Steps:
    2. Launch Frija.
    7. Launch Odin.
    12. Turn off your phone.
    21. Select "Yes".

Links:
    Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

For people who can't switch between csc in the same mult csc pack. OXM multi csc pack contains all the european generic and network branded firmware (csc) so if You are at SFR (part of OXM multi pack), and flash it with BTU (part of OXM multi pack) the SFR will stay. What you need to do is to flash it with different multi csc pack (just see what packs are available for your model), then flash it back with OXM multi pack, and it should switch to some generic csc, then if you instert your sim card it should ask you if you want to customize your phone to the inserted sim card and it will change your csc to the one you want.

EDIT. It works with other models as well, usually there is a domain language in each multi csc pack, and for flagship models it's usually DBT or BTU, for cheaper phones it's usually a langauge where the phone sells the most so for some A series models it's either ROM or XEO or XCZ

Thanks for that!

I am from Brazil and wanted to install my regional stock ROM but everytime I did it, it went back to my carrier's ROM.

What I did in this case was installing an OXM csc (the german DBT) and then trying again with my stock regional ROM (ZTO).
    Removed my SIM card and didn't connect to wifi untill I was sure the stock ROM sticked to the phone.

PS: If anyone reading wants a rom from the OXM multipack and is having troubles, try using the Brazilian ZTO stock rom and then go back to yours.
    For people who can't switch between csc in the same mult csc pack. OXM multi csc pack contains all the european generic and network branded firmware (csc) so if You are at SFR (part of OXM multi pack), and flash it with BTU (part of OXM multi pack) the SFR will stay. What you need to do is to flash it with different multi csc pack (just see what packs are available for your model), then flash it back with OXM multi pack, and it should switch to some generic csc, then if you instert your sim card it should ask you if you want to customize your phone to the inserted sim card and it will change your csc to the one you want.

EDIT. It works with other models as well, usually there is a domain language in each multi csc pack, and for flagship models it's usually DBT or BTU, for cheaper phones it's usually a langauge where the phone sells the most so for some A series models it's either ROM or XEO or XCZ
    For some reason I can't get it to detect my phone after plugging it in. Odd.

Does this require the samsung USB drivers?
    Is there any reason (that we know of) why flashing an AT&T device to the unlocked ROM wouldn't work this year as it has in years past?
    I went from ATT to Verizon without problems. Flashed the Unlocked ROM first and it was fine.