How to update to the latest Software via Odin - also for flashing/unbricking any firmware

Search This thread
Hello everyone! I made a tutorial regarding flashing the latest updates, flashing custom ROMs or unbricking your device:

Video guide:

Steps:
1. Download and extract both Frija and Odin.
2. Launch Frija.
3. Check the "Auto" button. Write your device's Model Number and CSC
(Your model number is at Settings, then About phone).
4. Click on "Check Update".
5. Click on "Download" and choose a folder to save the firmware.
6. After the download is complete, extract the firmware .zip.
7. Launch Odin.
8. Click the "BL" button and select the file that starts with "BL_...".
9. Click the "AP" button and select the file that starts with "AP_...".
10. Click the "CP" button and select the file that starts with "CP_...".
11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
12. Turn off your phone.
13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
14. After booting into Download Mode, press the Volume Up button to continue.
15. Back to Odin, click "Start".
16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
17. Congrats! You have successfully flashed the latest update to your device.
18. After your phone is on, turn it off again.
19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
21. Select "Yes".
22. Select "Reboot system now".

Links:
Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

I hope it helps you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
Hello, I am trying to switch from an Orange operator rom to a Samsung XEF rom, the problem is that when I flash everything goes normally but the rom does not flash and remains in Orange rom. Yet I have no error message.

abowlby

Sep 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is there any reason (that we know of) why flashing an AT&T device to the unlocked ROM wouldn't work this year as it has in years past?

Jirka001

Apr 14, 2016
[QUOTE = "naudmick, příspěvek: 84390799, člen: 4461390"]
Hello, I'm trying to switch from the Orange operator to the Samsung XEF rom ROM, the problem is that when I blink, everything goes normally, but the ROM doesn't blink and stays in the Orange rom. I need to make a mistake.
[/ CITÁT]

Last edited:

Jirka001

Apr 14, 2016
I have the same problem I have orx and I would like xez, dbt multicsc rom via Odin didn't help either

edit:
Problem solved, via Samkey application, S21 5G is already supported

Last edited:

sivuha0101

May 21, 2014
For people who can't switch between csc in the same mult csc pack. OXM multi csc pack contains all the european generic and network branded firmware (csc) so if You are at SFR (part of OXM multi pack), and flash it with BTU (part of OXM multi pack) the SFR will stay. What you need to do is to flash it with different multi csc pack (just see what packs are available for your model), then flash it back with OXM multi pack, and it should switch to some generic csc, then if you instert your sim card it should ask you if you want to customize your phone to the inserted sim card and it will change your csc to the one you want.

EDIT. It works with other models as well, usually there is a domain language in each multi csc pack, and for flagship models it's usually DBT or BTU, for cheaper phones it's usually a langauge where the phone sells the most so for some A series models it's either ROM or XEO or XCZ

Last edited:

Alvincp

Apr 28, 2017
For people who can't switch between csc in the same mult csc pack. OXM multi csc pack contains all the european generic and network branded firmware (csc) so if You are at SFR (part of OXM multi pack), and flash it with BTU (part of OXM multi pack) the SFR will stay. What you need to do is to flash it with different multi csc pack (just see what packs are available for your model), then flash it back with OXM multi pack, and it should switch to some generic csc, then if you instert your sim card it should ask you if you want to customize your phone to the inserted sim card and it will change your csc to the one you want.

EDIT. It works with other models as well, usually there is a domain language in each multi csc pack, and for flagship models it's usually DBT or BTU, for cheaper phones it's usually a langauge where the phone sells the most so for some A series models it's either ROM or XEO or XCZ

Thanks for that!

I am from Brazil and wanted to install my regional stock ROM but everytime I did it, it went back to my carrier's ROM.

What I did in this case was installing an OXM csc (the german DBT) and then trying again with my stock regional ROM (ZTO).
Removed my SIM card and didn't connect to wifi untill I was sure the stock ROM sticked to the phone.

PS: If anyone reading wants a rom from the OXM multipack and is having troubles, try using the Brazilian ZTO stock rom and then go back to yours.

Last edited:

sivuha0101

May 21, 2014
Thanks for that!

I am from Brazil and wanted to install my regional stock ROM but everytime I did it, it went back to my carrier's ROM.

What I did in this case was installing an OXM csc (the german DBT) and then trying again with my stock regional ROM (ZTO).
Removed my SIM card and didn't connect to wifi untill I was sure the stock ROM sticked to the phone.

PS: If anyone reading wants a rom from the OXM multipack and is having troubles, try using the Brazilian ZTO stock rom and then go back to yours.
That's true. ZTO is part of a multi csc pack OWO, so it will work for OXM. Good job mate

Reactions: mjw1 and BredzProh

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania
My S21 Ultra 5G from AT&T is somehow not getting updates and seems to be stuck on ATLF firmware with the December 1, 2020 security patch. Called AT&T...they blamed Samsung and sent me to Samsung. Samsung blamed AT&T and wants me to travel 50 miles away to a Ubreakifix store (official Samsung repair center). Today I called again and AT&T had me factory reset the phone with the result being the same - - no update - software is up to date.
Frija seems to be downloading the newest AUC8 firmware when I put in the model of SM-G998U with ther correct US code which I hope is the AT&T rom.
Is the firmware from Frija safe?

hi there

I have done this recently, perhaps with a slight fail on my sight, since i updated to the latest OXM pack, since i wanted to switch to DBT from DTM (german telekom) without reading this thread and your post first. So my phone didn't switch from DTM to DBT. until yesterday i had to wait for the updated security patch for OWO pack to switch. So all went fine and i switched from DTM OXM to OWO and back to OXM again.

But basically here starts my problem (if it is a problem, not sure yet):
My phone switched not to DBT, instead it went to EUX, which i guess is the generic code for complete EU countries? i am not sure, since i couldn't find the sales code or CSC for this anywhere tbh. i have two SIM prepaid SIM cards from a third party o2 contractor, so normally (i have done it on my Note 10 plus), like you mentioned, it should ask you to customize your phone and switch to DBT, but for me it simply doesn't ask or go to DBT at all. It simply keeps the EUX. Which i would not have a problem with, when i get regular updates with it like i would on DBT.

If anyone could give me a hint how to change to DBT or what i did wrong, i would appreciate the help. If EUX is fine for getting updates, i am also fine with that, if someone can confirm this. on OWO the software updater said please contact a samsung service center, since i have german SIMs in the phone, but with OXM package and CSC on EUX currently it just says "software is up to date" so it can connect to the update servers if that helps.

A short pm would be appreciated or maybe some help from an experienced user (more than me lol) via telegram as well.

Cheers
Mike

grimya13

Jun 1, 2021
Oy, when I try to run frija, it tells me I need to have Visual c++ 2008 installed?!

EDIT: Finally found the download for it, but Frija doesn't seem to have firmware for the S21+

Last edited:

EekSuYeon

May 20, 2021
I was working with someone to find a way to remove Retail Mode from our S21 (SM-G991U1 XAA), and when using Odin to flash, we accidentally used the same firmware BL file for every section of the install. Now the phone is stuck in download mode, and we can't find a firmware download with replacement AP or CP files. Only a single BL .md5 file, or a set of files that don't seem to fix the problem. I found a link here on the forums to what appears to be exactly what we need, but it takes hours to download for some reason, and then fails partway through each time. Always at a different point in the download, too. Sometimes it gets to 2.5GB, other times 3.7GB, but never the whole file. That link is over in this thread:
G991U and G991U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

This was the link I followed:
U1 firmware

Any thoughts? Any help getting pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated. !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! I made a tutorial regarding flashing the latest updates, flashing custom ROMs or unbricking your device:

Video guide:

Steps:
    1. Download and extract both Frija and Odin.
    2. Launch Frija.
    3. Check the "Auto" button. Write your device's Model Number and CSC
    (Your model number is at Settings, then About phone).
    4. Click on "Check Update".
    5. Click on "Download" and choose a folder to save the firmware.
    6. After the download is complete, extract the firmware .zip.
    7. Launch Odin.
    8. Click the "BL" button and select the file that starts with "BL_...".
    9. Click the "AP" button and select the file that starts with "AP_...".
    10. Click the "CP" button and select the file that starts with "CP_...".
    11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
    12. Turn off your phone.
    13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
    14. After booting into Download Mode, press the Volume Up button to continue.
    15. Back to Odin, click "Start".
    16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
    17. Congrats! You have successfully flashed the latest update to your device.
    18. After your phone is on, turn it off again.
    19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
    20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
    21. Select "Yes".
    22. Select "Reboot system now".

Links:
    Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

I hope it helps you! :)

Thanks for that!

Thanks for that!

That's true. ZTO is part of a multi csc pack OWO, so it will work for OXM. Good job mate
    For some reason I can't get it to detect my phone after plugging it in. Odd.

Does this require the samsung USB drivers?