• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

how to Update using ODIN

Search This thread

iSpammer

Dec 11, 2012
Cairo
Hello
i don't know if this question was asked before i tried to search but nothing
i came from xperia xz and flashing was just as easy as downloading the FTF and flashing in flash mod
i bought my S9 that was stuck at 1 Dec 2018 software and no new updates are available (even with smart switch) to download so my best solution is to update it manually using ODIN
i used to have a galaxy gear watch and s5 and flashing was also simple but i came across a thread that said something about CSC Version and i am sacred that i may brick the phone while trying to update it
can someone point me in the right directions ?
my CSC : G960FOXM2CRLI
Service provider SW ver.
SAOMC_SM-G960F_OXM_KSA_PP_0002
KSA/EGY, EGY/XSG

baseband version
G960FXXU2CRLI
build number
PPR1.180610.011.G960FXXU2CRLI
and i live in egypt but the phone was sold is KSA if that's matters
any help please ?
thanks in advance

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hello
i came from xperia xz and flashing was just as easy as downloading the FTF and flashing in flash mod
i bought my S9 that was stuck at 1 Dec 2018 software and no new updates are available (even with smart switch) to download so my best solution is to update it manually using ODIN
i used to have a galaxy gear watch and s5 and flashing was also simple but i came across a thread that said something about CSC Version and i am sacred that i may brick the phone while trying to update it
Service provider SW ver.
KSA/EGY, EGY/XSG

baseband version
G960FXXU2CRLI
build number
any help please ?
thanks in advance

If there are no updated KSA firmwares for your S9, flash any CSC for the G960F, Germany (DBT ) has the latest June update

Reactions: iSpammer

iSpammer

Dec 11, 2012
Cairo
so it's normal to flaash any firmware even if the CSC doesn't match? only the phone model number right? flashing on ODIN like thr normal way kust like the s5? nothing else need to be done ? like enabling/disabling stuff on developper options ? OEM unlock? sorry for my noobies questions

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
so it's normal to flaash any firmware even if the CSC doesn't match? only the phone model number right? flashing on ODIN like thr normal way kust like the s5? nothing else need to be done ? like enabling/disabling stuff on developper options ? OEM unlock? sorry for my noobies questions

Normal if your own region CSC has not updated their firmware yes, but you will not receive OTA updates until the CSCs match and will have to flash manually each update

There is a big thread about it so I'm not going to go into it in detail here, quick search should find what you need

Nothing else needed, boot to download mode and flash with Odin 3.13.1

Reactions: iSpammer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    Service provider SW ver.
    KSA/EGY, EGY/XSG

baseband version
    G960FXXU2CRLI
    build number
    any help please ?
    thanks in advance

If there are no updated KSA firmwares for your S9, flash any CSC for the G960F, Germany (DBT ) has the latest June update
    If you have KSA sim card need to flash KSA firmware with only Home CSC also and if you have EGY sim card and will come OTA downloads
    KSA/KSA,KSA/XSG
    If you have KSA sim card need to flash KSA firmware with only Home CSC also and if you have EGY sim card and will come OTA downloads
    KSA/KSA,KSA/XSG

Does not matter what SIM is in the phone

I have O2U SIM (United Kingdom) and DBT Firmware (Germany)
    Does not matter what SIM is in the phone

I have O2U SIM (United Kingdom) and DBT Firmware (Germany)

And me i have XSG phone from dubai and i have SEE firmware and sim card and OTA update com ewry mounth
    And me i have XSG phone from dubai and i have SEE firmware and sim card and OTA update com ewry mounth

Well yes you need CSCs to match for OTA, but it is not necessary for normal usage, once my region releases the latest update I will flash back for OTA