How to update Volte in my LG v40 thinq v405ua

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
I am new user....
My Model number is LM-V405UA
I can't update any thing and this is my new phone
Please help me to update Volte option to my LG V40 thinq
volte works on the v40, but it's not as simple as that. If your carrier is so-and-so, they allow it with their phones, but not others. Some carriers allow it with bring-your-own device, some don't.

you don't say what variant your phone is other than405UA, that could be sprint, vzw, att, etc.

you don't say who your carrier is. How can anyone help you? There isn't some 'magic switch' somewhere ;)

Noor M05

Feb 23, 2021
Bangalore
volte works on the v40, but it's not as simple as that. If your carrier is so-and-so, they allow it with their phones, but not others. Some carriers allow it with bring-your-own device, some don't.

you don't say what variant your phone is other than405UA, that could be sprint, vzw, att, etc.

you don't say who your carrier is. How can anyone help you? There isn't some 'magic switch' somewhere ;)

Sorry bro actually I bought this phone from Dubai and I don't know about that carrier but starting itself At&t app installed.

Once I reached India I try to insert JIO sim card, I am able to use the internet only, I try to make a call but it's automatically disconnected.

Please help me....

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Sorry bro actually I bought this phone from Dubai and I don't know about that carrier but starting itself At&t app installed.

Once I reached India I try to insert JIO sim card, I am able to use the internet only, I try to make a call but it's automatically disconnected.

Please help me....
Well the first and most important thing you need to know is if the phone is 'Carrier Sim Locked'. In other words, if it is sim locked to AT&T, then the only way it will work with another carrier is if AT&T unlocks it for you.

IF the device is not 'carrier sim locked', then for you, because of where you are, would want to flash a kdz that has the 'bands' that your local carriers use.

If it is sim locked, don't flash a kdz rom to the device, because the software needed to unlock it is part of the ATT rom. If you flash over that, you'll lose that software and have no way to carrier sim unlock it.

Noor M05

Feb 23, 2021
Bangalore
Well the first and most important thing you need to know is if the phone is 'Carrier Sim Locked'. In other words, if it is sim locked to AT&T, then the only way it will work with another carrier is if AT&T unlocks it for you.

IF the device is not 'carrier sim locked', then for you, because of where you are, would want to flash a kdz that has the 'bands' that your local carriers use.

If it is sim locked, don't flash a kdz rom to the device, because the software needed to unlock it is part of the ATT rom. If you flash over that, you'll lose that software and have no way to carrier sim unlock it.

Now I am using Airtel SIM card 2G Band on that phone I think it's not locked BY AT&T and Vi SIM cards also working fine, I am not able to use Volte options Wifi calling option

Here I attached my screen shot I am able to select that Volte and WiFi calling options

It's carrier lock or not.... Please guide me what I do now I need to flash kdz or any thing
IMG-20210218-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20210215-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210215-WA0006.jpg