[How To] Update you QuadCore R16 Tonghai AllWinner TopWay Eincar from 4.4/5.1 to 6.0

Search This thread

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
Thank you very much Mr. ****-jones for the help that you give to all members.
I updated my head unit without paying attention to the resolution which is 480x800. Now i have android 6.0.1 but the display is larger than what is seen in the screen 👀 :cry:.
Is there a solution to solve this problem? thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-11-17-13-10.png
    Screenshot_2022-09-11-17-13-10.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2022-09-11-17-13-29.png
    Screenshot_2022-09-11-17-13-29.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

dick-jones

May 23, 2017
Thank you very much Mr. ****-jones for the help that you give to all members.
I updated my head unit without paying attention to the resolution which is 480x800. Now i have android 6.0.1 but the display is larger than what is seen in the screen 👀 :cry:.
Is there a solution to solve this problem? thanks for your help.
Plug in a USB mouse.
Choose
Settings -> General -> Extra settings (pass: 123456) -> Resolution

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
Plug in a USB mouse.
Choose
Settings -> General -> Extra settings (pass: 123456) -> Resolution
Thank you sir for your quick reply;
I have already used a mouse but when I check the resolution 480x800 it does not apply. It is still on 1024x600.
is ther any way to change it in the config file (ADB or other ). thank you very much

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-18 at 23.20.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-18 at 23.20.07.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 47

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
PS: I used the app "Easy DPI Changer" and tested many setting for resolution and DPI but the changes does not bring the limites of the image inside the display (even if I apply 480x800).

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 14.57.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 14.57.06.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 52
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 14.58.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 14.58.10.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 54

dick-jones

May 23, 2017
PS: I used the app "Easy DPI Changer" and tested many setting for resolution and DPI but the changes does not bring the limites of the image inside the display (even if I apply 480x800).
To fix the screen resolution you need the correct uboot file. I haven't found it yet.

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
Try flashing this file https://disk.yandex.ru/d/RkRWSYLO3JTayc

Extract the file from the archive, copy it to a USB flash drive, select Settings-Car settings-System update

Then try changing the screen resolution again.
i flashed it, but the resolution wont change via extra setting. I tested many apks for dpi and resolution. the "easy dpi changer" apk change it but screen stay outside of display (see the attached snap).
Thank you very much

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 14.57.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 14.57.06.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 37
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 13.30.09.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 13.30.09.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 36

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
glad to thank you Mr ****-jones. I'll try this night and i will give you info.🙏
🙏
Hi M. **** - Jones, I flashed the HU now it has 4.4.2. The resolution is indeed 480x800.I did not use the UBOOT file !!!.
The problem is that, now the HU crash and restart alone. I surely know that it happened after using the Internet for Google Play ( the google play services update
for downloading apps)

Maybe the Google Play version is not compatible with Kitkat and the old versions of Android.

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
Hello dear ****-Jones. I always have the problem of restarting with this version of Android 4.4.2 whatever the app I install. Before updating Google services everything works normally, But once the update is made the crash resumes again. I conclude that it need an update to 6.0 with an 800x480 resolution. So I will wait if you will find some firmware for me to test.

by the way, i have found an update to 5.1 but in Chinese language. (jpeg attached). i attempt to root it with kingoroot and king root but nothing made the job. the same problem (rebooting) is still present.

Thank you very much a thousand times for your kindness

Allwinner Quadcore R16 1,6G - 800x480 & 160 DPI

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

cenkdogu

Oct 7, 2022
Hi. Is it possible to update my device?

Processor type : QuadCore - R16 1.6G
Android Version : 5.1.2
MCU Version : 5.3.19-67-156-C08101-161219
System Version : 4.5.10_20161214
DVD Version : Unknown

It is working fine but when i'm connecting via wi-fi, google play services starts to update and the device immediately crashes and reboots itself. Waiting for your response, thanks mate.

ecolo

Sep 18, 2022
Hi. Is it possible to update my device?

Processor type : QuadCore - R16 1.6G
Android Version : 5.1.2
MCU Version : 5.3.19-67-156-C08101-161219
System Version : 4.5.10_20161214
DVD Version : Unknown

It is working fine but when i'm connecting via wi-fi, google play services starts to update and the device immediately crashes and reboots itself. Waiting for your response, thanks mate.
Hi, it's the same thing for my HU. the google services new update crashes the unit.
What is the resolution of your HU? if it is 1024*600 then you are lucky: go to the first post and read carefully, you can update it. But if you have a resolution of 800*480 then you must wait like me for help from experts (Great thanks to them).

cenkdogu

Oct 7, 2022
Hi, it's the same thing for my HU. the google services new update crashes the unit.
What is the resolution of your HU? if it is 1024*600 then you are lucky: go to the first post and read carefully, you can update it. But if you have a resolution of 800*480 then you must wait like me for help from experts (Great thanks to them).
Actually I dont know my resolution exaclty. How can i define it?

I tried to upgrade but couldnt solve the google driver issue, whatever i've done, couldnt see the device on phoenixsuit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. as promised, i decided to make an how to, so you can update your headunits, commonly known as QuadCore R16, to android Marshmallow. First i wanna thank @dickjones for all is help in 4pda forum

Files Needed - Android 6.0 Image and software to update - https://yadi.sk/d/CEZ8Rwe_3KbMbj
    Recovery in Case of first attempt Bootloop - https://yadi.sk/d/1krDlyPP3JXFaD
    Final FW recomended with root included - https://yadi.sk/d/suOSRwtd3KSbw4
    Apk to put the unit in flash state - http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/ujNIf42V/file.html

Hardware Needed - Male to Male USB. i made mine from two old usb cables. just cut them and join black with black, red with red, white with white and green with green. Isolate so they wont touch each other.

I advise to this with the unit next to the PC. For this, use a PC power suply, cut two yellows and join them with the red and the yellow from the Unit. Then cut two blacks from the PSU and join them with the black from the Unit. After this, find the green wire of the PSU, cut it and join it with another black from the PSU. this will make that when you turn on the PSU, it will start without an assist from a PC.

Last before you start, in the ANDROID 6 files you will download there is a video of the process, but you dont need to follow any step till step 10, due to the PCUpdate.apk, that allows you to put your unit in flash state withou the need of dismantling the unit.

1- Install Phoenix Suit. Also install the Google USB Driver provided with phoenixsuit installation. if it gives an error on the driver instalation, continue with the instalation and download the google driver usb from any site. Copy all the driver files and paste them in the AllWinnerTech Driver folder. Install Phoenix Suit again, and at the driver instalation you'll notice that there is no error anymore.

2-After instalaltion finished, open phoensuit, press the Ancor Icon, second from the left, then blue box and select the image provided with Android6.rar, named sun8iw5p1_android_d7_uart0

3-Now in your headunit install PCUpdate.apk and open it. Proceed with flashstate. Unit will turn dark. Its now in flashstate. Now connect your USB Male to Male from your PC to the usb from the unit. If you have two usb cables in the unit, if pc doesnt detect on the first one, change to second cable. Only one will work for flash purposes.

4-As soon as the pc detects the unit, if some driver begin to install, let it finish, and then, on the PhoenixSuit, press the GREEN BOX in the Ancor Menu. Unit will start to update. Let it finish.

5-Unit will reboot after finish

6-The first boot may take a few minutes. If it boots fine, Proceed to step

7-This part is for units that got in bootlop after phoenixsuit flashing. you will flash the recovery in case of bootloop provided above. USB PEN Fat32, put the file in the root of the usb. This part may differ from unit to unit. On the ones with hardware buttons, the force flash state is turning off the unit, insert usb with the recovery file, press home button and let it pressed, turn on the unit and as soon as it turns on, press once the reset button. let the home button pressed till flash screen appears. let it finish. Again, if it dosent detect the file, repeat the process but in the second usb cable from the unit.

8-after finish, unit will enter recovery. insert a usb keyboard in the unit to navigate recovery. factory reset and the wipe cache. when its done turn off the headunit and emove usb.

9-download the Final Firmware provided above and put it on the root of the formated fat32 usb.

10-insert the usb in usb cable from headunit, force flash the FW again like you did in step 7. Unit will flash the final firmware, takes about 2 minutes to boot.

VOILA, you are in 6.0

Im not responsable for broken devices. do this at you own risk.

This was tested in two units, one from eincar with fake 5.1 and in another with already two years bought in aliexpress. one said astar y3 cortex a7, other astar d3 cortex a9. both are working perfect with android 6.0
    Hi,
    Thank you for this post! I succesfully updated to Android 6 with the Phoenixsuite on Windows 10 x64.

Just 2 questions after this;
    - My touch panel buttons don't function after the update (volume up/down, power and the back key)
    - How to perform step 9? "Download the Final Firmware provided above and put it on the root of the formated fat32 usb." As I understand, these are the 4 files? I have no idea how to perform this update.

System before update:
    TW astar_y3-eng 4.4.2 KVT49L 20151024 test-keys

Thank you very much.

First
    Menu item Settings-Car settings-Extra settings-Touch area keys. Then like on video
    (video in Russian :( )

Second
    Download the latest update https://yadi.sk/d/-aplOdJ93QTeWb

Extract 4 files to the root folder of usb flash drive. Click menu item Settings-Car settings-System update-usb... Wait until the update is complete. Make a Factory reset (menu item Settings-Car settings-Factory reset)

Good luck...
    Here is an update with root: V7.3.1_20170111.114952_TW2-IVT+ROOT+RADIO
    Thanks

i tried many time
    but the same

did any one upload the file in other site ?!

Hi guys. as promised, i decided to make an how to, so you can update your headunits, commonly known as QuadCore R16, to android Marshmallow.

Thank you for sharing your experience. ;)