How to upgrade from C368B140 to C432B170???

Search This thread

grzdom

Jun 16, 2016
Hi

I'm struggling with updating my P8 Lite (Austria, single sim) and I would appreciate your help.

I downloaded the newest firmware C432B170 from the Austrian Huawei website but I just can't update. :(

Tried with the Updater's local update but it didn't work.
Tried with force update and that didn't work too.

I have unlocked bootloader, root and TWRP.

Can somebody help me out??

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
Hi

I'm struggling with updating my P8 Lite (Austria, single sim) and I would appreciate your help.

I downloaded the newest firmware C432B170 from the Austrian Huawei website but I just can't update. :(

Ok, so this i fearly easy... (once you know it).
the problem is that you tried installing a European dual sim build on a Austria single sim build.
That's not gonna work does it?
1. make sure your device is a Ale-L21 (settings -> about phone -> modelnumber)
2. boot into twrp and wipe everything except sd card.
3. boot into bootloader (twrp can help you with it or just plug your device into the computer and power it on while holding volume down)
4.download this file
5. open the 'FLASH ALL' file in the folder and read the instructions on your screen
6. boot up your device and see that you have the balong bug and no reception. (settings -> about phone in the buildnumber it should say balongXXXXX)
7. take the file in the attachement of this post and unzip it
8. put the unzipt directory in the root of your sd/internal memory
9. go to settings->upgrade->menu->lokal update
10.select 'UPDATE.APP'
11.wait for it to start.
12.once it starts the balong should be gone in buildnumber
13. use the updater to update trough b170 if that doesn't work download it here and extract it and set it in a folder named dload on your sd/internal memory (delete the first file first) the do a lacal update to b170.
14 eat a sandwich because this is gonna take some time and by now you should be hungry
15. everything should work now. you should have 2 imei's and receptions.

make sure you got minimal adb installed (normally you do)
if you have location issues you can chance it by following this thread.

Attachments

• dload.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: grzdom

grzdom

Jun 16, 2016
the problem is that you tried installing a European dual sim build on a Austria single sim build.
3. boot into bootloader (twrp can help you with it or just plug your device into the computer and power it on while holding volume down)
4.download this file
5. open the 'FLASH ALL' file in the folder and read the instructions on your screen
6. boot up your device and see that you have the balong bug and no reception. (settings -> about phone in the buildnumber it should say balongXXXXX)
10.select 'UPDATE.APP'
11.wait for it to start.
13. use the updater to update trough b170 if that doesn't work download it here and extract it and set it in a folder named dload on your sd/internal memory (delete the first file first) the do a lacal update to b170.
14 eat a sandwich because this is gonna take some time and by now you should be hungry

This worked!! Thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it!! :good::)

I still have some questions though.

After this process, is my phone dual sim now?? Should I use dual sim version updates from now on???
Why should I have 2 IMEIs now?? It still shows only 1. :confused:

Last edited:

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
This worked!! Thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it!! :good::)

After this process, is my phone dual sim now?? Should I use dual sim version updates from now on???

yes it's dual sim...
about the imei's i really don't now.
never had a single sim myself but it could be that you only have one. and yes you should upgrade dual sim software from now

Reactions: grzdom

Vymit

Jun 20, 2016
Re-upload

Hi,

please can you re-upload file in step 4 again?

Thanks a lot.

Vymi

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Sorry. It was my fall. I got it.

Hi,

please can you re-upload file in step 4 again?

Thanks a lot.

Vymi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

4.download this file
    10.select 'UPDATE.APP'
    11.wait for it to start.

yes it's dual sim...
    about the imei's i really don't now.
    never had a single sim myself but it could be that you only have one. and yes you should upgrade dual sim software from now