How to Upgrade LG G3 Stylus to Stock Lollipop Official

Search This thread

marianaoliveirap19

May 10, 2015
Brazil Works Great

Upgrade LG G3 Stylus to Stock Lollipop Official

by:

Apriansyah Bintang

Alhamdulillah, those were the words in my mouth when it landed on LG G3 Stylus "in the middle of the fence." Finally "google potion" has come to us. Ok do not dwell upon this subject anymore! let's rock. But, there has to be understood first before upgrading this device to you who are still newbie :

A. COMMON QUESTIONS

1. Is the stock firmware of Lollipop are official? yes.
    screenshot_2015-05-06-17-01-22.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-17-01-12.png
  2. If the firmware are official then why can't upgrade via On The Air (OTA) / automatic updates of device? not yet, because even though official however allocated for regional Malaysia, while Indonesia or other countries untill the author post this article currently there is no clarity when it will be given, only the sweet promises from the LG. CAUTION: now you can upgrade to Lollipoop via On The Air (OTA).
  3. Is the manual upgrade as way below will shorten the life of our device ? Nope, there is no relation.
  4. Is the manual upgrade as this will void the warranty ? of course, but do not worry just flash again to Kitkat then it will go back again to a virgin state.
  5. Is the upgrade Indonesian Firmware must be via On The Air (OTA)? nope, you can flash it, and the link of Indonesian firmware is in the under point A. UPGRADE PREPARATION.

B. SPECIFIC QUESTIONS

1. Is using the firmware will be a significant improvement ? not entirely .
  2. Is 3g signal is more stronger ? the author use “tri” and “simpati” cards. The signal of tri in kitkat for Bekasi (west java, Indonesia) area’s only 1-2 strips, but in lollipop at least 2 strips and 4 strips at maximum. While simpati in kitkat and lollipop both 5 strips.
  3. If we use the Antutu Benchmark then what is the score? If the Kitkat ranging from 17,000 to 18,000 so if Lollipop minimal ranging from 19370-20447.
    screenshot_2015-05-06-21-57-48.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-21-57-06.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-21-57-39.png
  4. Does performance increased? I feel it is a litte bit increase.
  5. Is the battery getting longer ? a little bit different with kitkat, it depends on usage.
  6. Is interface (user interface ) to change ? not significant, may be only in screen lock, recent, navigation key, which changed to the style of Lollipop .
    screenshot_2015-05-06-10-04-331.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-09-57-38.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-09-57-57.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-09-58-28.png
  7. It will support USB On The Go ( OTG ) ? no, not yet.
  8. Does the RAM increased ? nope, there is no change, but multitasking becomes better if the entire animations in our device turned off.
    screenshot_2015-05-06-10-36-13.png
  9. Does it affect internal memory becomes more space ? nope, even on the contrary, the Kitkat internal memory which is used for sytem amount 3.7GB but at Lollipop reach 4.21GB.
    screenshot_2015-05-07-00-10-47.png
  10. Is there an Indonesian language option ? Yeup, even the choice of languages becomes more choice.
    screenshot_2015-05-06-18-26-57.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-11.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-42.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-49.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-56.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-28-05.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-28-11.png
  11. Does using Indonesian regional firmware for non Indonesian regional will impact influence on the received signal ? i think it doesn't.
  12. Does rooting the device must be? Nope, doesn't.
  13. Does unroot the device must be? Nope, doesn't.
  14. Would the device can be rooted ? Yes, only one methode for now, use king root version 4.0 : www.kingroot.net
  15. Is this upgrade will delete internal memory ? yes, it will. Than backup first please.
  16. Is this upgrade will delete external memory ? nope.
  17. How lerge is the size of the firmware in a KDZ ? 893MB.
  18. Is the pixel density will increase ? nope.
  19. There Is bugs on Lollipop ? Yeup, GPS not working properly and there is no solution yet..
  20. Is the result of photo more better ? a little bit increase about 5-10 %, a better result when the light is less when we using the kitkat with a flash lamp then the result becomes chaotic, ugly saturation, blur. But now it is litle bit better.
    20150404_204214.jpg

20150404_204220.jpg

Compare the photo above is taken from the stock camera of LG G3 Stylus Kitkat when the light level is very lacking at 08:00 pm ; the left does taken using blits (flash lamp) while the right photo does not use blits.

Now compare the photos below was taken at 10:00pm with stock camera of LG G3 Stylus lollipop in the same condition; with a worse light at 10.00 pm, the left does taken using blits (flash lamp) while the right photo does not use flash lamp.
    20150404_204220.jpg

20150506_223055.jpg
  21. Does the input / output sound more better ? no changes.
  22. The other Applcations does not change....
    screenshot_2015-05-06-10-05-57.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-08-49.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-09-04.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-10-34.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-11-40.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-12-15.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-13-23.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-14-01.png
  23. etc

TUTORIAL UPGRADE / UPDATE SOFTWARE

A. UPGRADE PREPARATION

1. The LG Driver must be installed, download here.
  2. Download flashing tools here.
  3. Download the Lolipop firmware, Malaysian Regional here or here and put it on the same folder with flashing tools.
  4. Or download the Lollipop Indonesian Firmware : here and put it on the same folder with flashing tools.

B. HOW TO UPGRADE

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Go into Download Mode/Firmware Update press volume up and plug the usb cable immediately.
  3. Choose CSE mode not Normal Mode.
  4. Than flash it with lollipop firmware that you've downloaded.
  5. For those of you who are confused how to flash please look at this link or this for the Facebook Group and this for you an Indonesian.
  6. Still Confused? look at this video on youtube.
  7. Done, the device will reboot twice. Do not affraid it's normal.
  8. Congratulation for you... do not forget Your Thumb please.
  9. Please write the source when you copying to other blogs etc.
  10. Thanks for Reading my Article. :cowboy:

For whom is searching for this rom, in Brazil works perfectly.

Reactions: reiseb

Yousaf Abdul Qadeer

Mar 21, 2015
Works well

when i tried Malaysian version everything worked well
when i flashed Indonesian version now giving me error whenever i restart
system ui stopped working, can't able to use my phone , the only way to use my phone is to lock it and open camera using volume down key
after that screenlock (swipe lock) not working sometime status bar also.
now i am going back to malaysian version
rooted with kingroot
gps didn't tried yet
from Saudi Arabia :good::good::good:

Reactions: The Analog Kid

The Analog Kid

Dec 5, 2013
callibrate it first and than judge it.

thumb please :good:

Wait... CALIBRATE?

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Does this works with a G3 Stylus model D693 ?

Just to answer my own question, I flashed the ROM and is working perfect.

There are many variants of D693... which are you using?

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Hey. I'm trying to contact LG and talk about the bootloader of the G3 Stylus. By now, they just tried to call me and told me they don't recommend to do root. In case of any other answer, I'll post here.

No way they unlock. Ever. In fact the locked bootloader has everything to do with the carrier, and not with Lg. If you contact Huawei for unlocking codes for certain devices (I have a G730-U251 which is a lot like G3 Stylus, though I think its even better) they will tell you that. I didn't even bother to contact LG...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Yeah, that's it, I'm going back to 4.4: LG did a pretty **** job with this port of lolipop, and this phone basically hasn't devs, so I can't stand without xposed. I think the worst thing I did in this year was to buy this phone, should have bought the Moto G, it cost less and offers much more :/

Oh yes, for sure. I got both (plus a Huawei G730-U251) and either is way better than the D693n. In fact, I can tell this is the most fragile device I ever had. It is the only one ever, that failed to withstand the beautiness of rooting. That's why I'm searching for a ROM with no carrier and bring it back to full life. And root again...

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

My GPS works Great after update to Lollipop, and i have root in my device. Greetings from México.

De pura casualidad... ¿el tuyo es de Telcel?

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Hi, i have the Mexican version of this model and i installed this update, from the malasyan version, it works very smooth, but i want to get back to my stock rom KK, but i cant, i have try many diferent methods, but none has worked, can you help me please?

Methods i used and didnt work
LG flash tool 2014 : error please unplug the phone and the battery and try again

LG pc suite: unkwon error!! couldnt communicate with the phone

KDZ firmware update: decompression error

Entonces sí tienes (o tuviste) un problema con esa ROM de Malasia, ¿no?

somdx

Feb 25, 2013
lg g3 stylus

Wait... CALIBRATE?

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

There are many variants of D693... which are you using?

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

No way they unlock. Ever. In fact the locked bootloader has everything to do with the carrier, and not with Lg. If you contact Huawei for unlocking codes for certain devices (I have a G730-U251 which is a lot like G3 Stylus, though I think its even better) they will tell you that. I didn't even bother to contact LG...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Oh yes, for sure. I got both (plus a Huawei G730-U251) and either is way better than the D693n. In fact, I can tell this is the most fragile device I ever had. It is the only one ever, that failed to withstand the beautiness of rooting. That's why I'm searching for a ROM with no carrier and bring it back to full life. And root again...

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

De pura casualidad... ¿el tuyo es de Telcel?

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Entonces sí tienes (o tuviste) un problema con esa ROM de Malasia, ¿no?

Si mi phone es telcel, y tenia varios fallos, al final si pude regresarlo, cuando salio la rom oficial en mexico

The Analog Kid

Dec 5, 2013
Si mi phone es telcel, y tenia varios fallos, al final si pude regresarlo, cuando salio la rom oficial en mexico

Ok. Esa es la información importante!... Es que los participantes tienen la fea tendencia a decir "si funcionó!" o "no funciona" y nada más. Si nos tomamos el tiempo para ser un poco más explícitos con los problemas o soluciones que encontramos, entonces somos útiles para otros y otros pueden ayudarnos con más facilidad. Ese es el punto de éste foro. De otro modo, solo nos enteramos de la felicidad o la desgracia de otros y eso pues... no ayuda gran cosa. Gracias por tu respuesta!

Sent from my LG-D693n using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: the deker

immoempe

Nov 28, 2013
Ok. Esa es la información importante!... Es que los participantes tienen la fea tendencia a decir "si funcionó!" o "no funciona" y nada más. Si nos tomamos el tiempo para ser un poco más explícitos con los problemas o soluciones que encontramos, entonces somos útiles para otros y otros pueden ayudarnos con más facilidad. Ese es el punto de éste foro. De otro modo, solo nos enteramos de la felicidad o la desgracia de otros y eso pues... no ayuda gran cosa. Gracias por tu respuesta!

En mi caso estoy tratando de flashear mi D693n, pero el programa me da error de conexion al servidor y en la pantalla de mi smartphone no avanza el porcentaje, alguna sugerencia?
Saludos

miguelrivas

Sep 20, 2012
Chicago
En mi caso estoy tratando de flashear mi D693n, pero el programa me da error de conexion al servidor y en la pantalla de mi smartphone no avanza el porcentaje, alguna sugerencia?
Saludos

I know this page is in english, lo estas conectando en modo download? Sino es asi, oprimiendo el boton de volumen arriba y le conectas el cable usb, sin soltar el boton de volumen hasta que salga un logo como de dos flechas girando en su propio eje.

immoempe

Nov 28, 2013
I know this page is in english, lo estas conectando en modo download? Sino es asi, oprimiendo el boton de volumen arriba y le conectas el cable usb, sin soltar el boton de volumen hasta que salga un logo como de dos flechas girando en su propio eje.

Si y nunca funciono el servidor, siempre salia el error, al final me di por vencido y no le pude hacer downgrade tampoco... Gracias de todos modos :cowboy:

JaRG1

Jan 4, 2015
Si y nunca funciono el servidor, siempre salia el error, al final me di por vencido y no le pude hacer downgrade tampoco... Gracias de todos modos :cowboy:
Huuu entonces ya no podre hacerle downgrade iba bien con kitkat pero desde que actualizo anda laguiento. No se porque la empresa LG saca esas versiones de android todas mal logradas con bug y lag. Escarmentado quede y LG sale de mi lista de proximo smartphones.
Ni que decir de instalar un recovery para instalar alguna version de cyanogenmod. Pesima eleccion los LG. Ahora mejor me fijo que marcas se les puede hacer root y un recovery para despues meterle una custom rom.

saludos-

Last edited:

john.reyes.jmr

Aug 29, 2014
Manila
hello please help my LG G3 Stylus' front cam suddenly inverted. I tried to clear its data but it is still inverted. My phone is running android Lollipop. PLease help

djtreo

Dec 30, 2011
Is this thread maybe alive? If so, I'm done flashing the stock lollipop firmware. After setting up everything like accounts, apps, etc.., restarted the phone and it goes on bootloop. What?!?!? Newly flashed firmware and bootlooped!!!

Anyone has an idea on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upgrade LG G3 Stylus to Stock Lollipop Official

by:

Apriansyah Bintang

Alhamdulillah, those were the words in my mouth when it landed on LG G3 Stylus "in the middle of the fence." Finally "google potion" has come to us. Ok do not dwell upon this subject anymore! let's rock. But, there has to be understood first before upgrading this device to you who are still newbie :

A. COMMON QUESTIONS

1. Is the stock firmware of Lollipop are official? yes.
      screenshot_2015-05-06-17-01-22.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-17-01-12.png
    2. If the firmware are official then why can't upgrade via On The Air (OTA) / automatic updates of device? not yet, because even though official however allocated for regional Malaysia, while Indonesia or other countries untill the author post this article currently there is no clarity when it will be given, only the sweet promises from the LG. CAUTION: now you can upgrade to Lollipoop via On The Air (OTA).
    3. Is the manual upgrade as way below will shorten the life of our device ? Nope, there is no relation.
    4. Is the manual upgrade as this will void the warranty ? of course, but do not worry just flash again to Kitkat then it will go back again to a virgin state.
    5. Is the upgrade Indonesian Firmware must be via On The Air (OTA)? nope, you can flash it, and the link of Indonesian firmware is in the under point A. UPGRADE PREPARATION.

B. SPECIFIC QUESTIONS

1. Is using the firmware will be a significant improvement ? not entirely .
    2. Is 3g signal is more stronger ? the author use “tri” and “simpati” cards. The signal of tri in kitkat for Bekasi (west java, Indonesia) area’s only 1-2 strips, but in lollipop at least 2 strips and 4 strips at maximum. While simpati in kitkat and lollipop both 5 strips.
    3. If we use the Antutu Benchmark then what is the score? If the Kitkat ranging from 17,000 to 18,000 so if Lollipop minimal ranging from 19370-20447.
      screenshot_2015-05-06-21-57-48.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-21-57-06.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-21-57-39.png
    4. Does performance increased? I feel it is a litte bit increase.
    5. Is the battery getting longer ? a little bit different with kitkat, it depends on usage.
    6. Is interface (user interface ) to change ? not significant, may be only in screen lock, recent, navigation key, which changed to the style of Lollipop .
      screenshot_2015-05-06-10-04-331.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-09-57-38.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-09-57-57.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-09-58-28.png
    7. It will support USB On The Go ( OTG ) ? no, not yet.
    8. Does the RAM increased ? nope, there is no change, but multitasking becomes better if the entire animations in our device turned off.
      screenshot_2015-05-06-10-36-13.png
    9. Does it affect internal memory becomes more space ? nope, even on the contrary, the Kitkat internal memory which is used for sytem amount 3.7GB but at Lollipop reach 4.21GB.
      screenshot_2015-05-07-00-10-47.png
    10. Is there an Indonesian language option ? Yeup, even the choice of languages becomes more choice.
      screenshot_2015-05-06-18-26-57.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-11.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-42.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-49.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-27-56.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-28-05.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-18-28-11.png
    11. Does using Indonesian regional firmware for non Indonesian regional will impact influence on the received signal ? i think it doesn't.
    12. Does rooting the device must be? Nope, doesn't.
    13. Does unroot the device must be? Nope, doesn't.
    14. Would the device can be rooted ? Yes, only one methode for now, use king root version 4.0 : www.kingroot.net
    15. Is this upgrade will delete internal memory ? yes, it will. Than backup first please.
    16. Is this upgrade will delete external memory ? nope.
    17. How lerge is the size of the firmware in a KDZ ? 893MB.
    18. Is the pixel density will increase ? nope.
    19. There Is bugs on Lollipop ? Yeup, GPS not working properly and there is no solution yet..
    20. Is the result of photo more better ? a little bit increase about 5-10 %, a better result when the light is less when we using the kitkat with a flash lamp then the result becomes chaotic, ugly saturation, blur. But now it is litle bit better.
      20150404_204214.jpg

20150404_204220.jpg

Compare the photo above is taken from the stock camera of LG G3 Stylus Kitkat when the light level is very lacking at 08:00 pm ; the left does taken using blits (flash lamp) while the right photo does not use blits.

Now compare the photos below was taken at 10:00pm with stock camera of LG G3 Stylus lollipop in the same condition; with a worse light at 10.00 pm, the left does taken using blits (flash lamp) while the right photo does not use flash lamp.
      20150404_204220.jpg

20150506_223055.jpg
    21. Does the input / output sound more better ? no changes.
    22. The other Applcations does not change....
      screenshot_2015-05-06-10-05-57.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-08-49.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-09-04.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-10-34.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-11-40.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-12-15.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-13-23.png

screenshot_2015-05-06-10-14-01.png
    23. etc

TUTORIAL UPGRADE / UPDATE SOFTWARE

A. UPGRADE PREPARATION

1. The LG Driver must be installed, download here.
    2. Download flashing tools here.
    3. Download the Lolipop firmware, Malaysian Regional here or here and put it on the same folder with flashing tools.
    4. Or download the Lollipop Indonesian Firmware : here and put it on the same folder with flashing tools.

B. HOW TO UPGRADE

1. Turn off the device.
    2. Go into Download Mode/Firmware Update press volume up and plug the usb cable immediately.
    3. Choose CSE mode not Normal Mode.
    4. Than flash it with lollipop firmware that you've downloaded.
    5. For those of you who are confused how to flash please look at this link or this for the Facebook Group and this for you an Indonesian.
    6. Still Confused? look at this video on youtube.
    7. Done, the device will reboot twice. Do not affraid it's normal.
    8. Congratulation for you... do not forget Your Thumb please.
    9. Please write the source when you copying to other blogs etc.
    10. Thanks for Reading my Article. :cowboy:
    Finally we have Lollipop! I've did this 2 days ago and the phone works perfect although i'm from Chile and the indonesian firmware runs correctly so :D:D:D:D
    I only hope that some developer can find the way to enable recovery :(
    Is not possible to root the phone yet?

I've try many way to root it, but always fail. :crying: I hope some developer can find how to root it and to enable a custom recovery. :rolleyes: :confused:

Your thumb please... :cowboy:
    Yeup, GPS not working properly and there is no solution yet.

My GPS works Great after update to Lollipop, and i have root in my device. Greetings from México.
    Estimado, ya hay LP oficial para d693 checa el grupo en facebook LG G3 Stylus en español

Yes, my original model is LG-D693N, my carrier is Telcel. But after update my model change to LG-D690. Dont worry, because update change name of device.

Sent from my LG-D690 using XDA Free mobile app

i think this N is from nfc.
    i have a d690N, after this update it disappeared.