How to upgrade with the latest I-mate Jam ROM --GUIDE--

Search This thread

hasanadel88

Sep 27, 2006
I do Waht You say but when i open the file GetDeviceData.exe on my device it's creat the file DeviceData.txt but the only contains PM10A so i can't get my Operator code (I buy my ppc as i-mate)
only onther thing what is the differance if i contine setup the update i download from clubimate.com normally (is this unlock the extended rom)
I am sorry for what i say but i am realy need your answer

bolla

Nov 17, 2006
Hi,
I have a Mda Compact with ROM version 1.13.00 WWE, ROM date 08/18/05

I have purchased a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II sd card, but it doesn't work, the phone ask if I want to format the card, and when I clcik yes it states "Card has been successfully formatted", but the Card isn't visible in file explorer.

I have also tried formatting within windows to both FAT & FAT32, but still same mesage (as above).

I was wondering if there is a newer ROM out for the MDA compact (UK) or whether changing the ROM to the imate ROM, would solve the problem.

Thanks.

P.S what is the latest ROM versionfor the Imate Jam?

tomhanks

Nov 20, 2006
try scrolling horizontally through the file.
it has got all the info. u need to scroll through the document horizontally to see the entire info.

kingdrom

Jan 2, 2005
after i run romupdate everything goes good, lot of stars been writen
and i put my sd card kingstone 1gb in to reader and get message unreadable – properties from card shows me RAW type and there is nothing on my card

when I start ntrw only get message
usage: ntrw file drive : and nothing else

PLEASE HELP i do not know what to do

Best regards from Serbia

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
Hi Kingdrom,

What did you type on your command line? Cause NTRW does work, though I favor others methods for rom-upgrading. & what do you want too achieve by upgrading? Like newer rom version, other language ...

Cheers, M

harei

Dec 3, 2006
hi bolla
i had same problem by my 2gb sd ram and i finally found out that the problem was by the ram and i changed it 5 times to get a true ram and now its workin very well.
hamid.

tyler200298

Nov 18, 2006
Lodi
a little help pls

hello,
i need a rom upgrade italian version, i look in the forum but the links are not working, someone can help me?
best regards

rnbguy

Jan 9, 2007
where are you guys getting the latest english roms, they dont work downloading from here...

Khaled Javeed

Apr 16, 2007
Mirpur, A.K
T-Mobile MDA Compact - Upgrade

Dear All,

I have just bought an MDA Compact (Used). Using it in Pakistan. Its seems to be unlocked by previous or pervious .. owner.
I have managed to get lattest update 40 MB from T-Mobile site. Named: MA_TMUK_11300_128_11200_Ship.exe

Links -> Website : Download

I am affraid to use this upgrade, as i fear that it will lock my mobile for limited use with T-Mobile SIM.

Pleae let me know, will it be locked or not.

Details of my Device are:

ROM Version: 1.01.00 WWE
ROM Date: 10/21/04
Radio Version: 1.00.10
Protocol Version: 1337.36
ExtROM Version: 1.01.128 WWE

Secondly, is it possible that i can anyhow change it to I-Mate. I mean the logo of T-Mobile displayed at boot and call receving is changed?

Waiting for reply :confused:

Warm Regards,

Khaled J. Khan

Last edited:

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
Hi there,

You can use the mentioned rom, without relocking your device. The sim lock isn't touched by the radio-, os- or ext-rom upgrade.

And yes there's a thad about changing the boot (or splash) image to a one you like much more. Unfortunately I can't remember the threads name, but I think you should be able to find it with a search on 'splash screen' in the magician forums.

Success, M

Khaled Javeed

Apr 16, 2007
Mirpur, A.K
Not affraid now ..

Dear,

Many thanx for your reply, I will try it and will get back to forum.
I have tried to search but couldnt find the thread.

Does this change (T-Mobile to I-Mate) has any change? I mean is it worth to cahnge or not. Just an expert openion required.

Warm Regads,

Khaled J. Khan

Last edited:
Cannot get the rom

I have tried following the link that everyone has for the ROM at:

ClubIMate . . .
ma_cdlsku1_wwe_10300_143_10100_ship.exe

But I get Page Cannot Be Displayed. :confused:

My previous experience with I-Mate, having bought a used JAM, was that I now had to buy a membership and get an ID and Password to get anything.

Does anyone have the file OFF SITE from the club, or does anyone have a password, yada yada?

Barring all that, has anyone built a better ROM than that? Is there a kitchen available for it?

Thanks

Last edited:
Not so easy now.

When I had an I-Mate Jam I went there to get just an Owner's Manual and they wanted a membership for that alone, and while I don't recall how much it was (I believe it was about $40) I knew it was too much for an Owner's Manual. Then I upgraded to a Cing. 8525 and upgraded it to WM6 and the imei on it won't let me in to the club either cuz it is not an I-Mate phone, and I still don't want to part with the money either. I passed the Jam on to my partner - who is not in this room with me - and I am trying to find solutions and upgrades for him since he is having trouble with it . . . so . . . here I am. :confused: Wishing I had better and working with all I got.

Thanks