[HOW TO] Use old OnePlus Gestures on OnePlus 5T running OxygenOS 10

Search This thread

Pierre02

Dec 9, 2015
Champoluc - Vallée d'Aoste
pierre02.com
I found a pretty easy way to use old OnePlus Gestures on OnePlus 5T running OxygenOS 10

No root required

1. Download this Settings Editor app
2. Open it
3. Choose "System Table"
4. Search for "op_gesture_button_side_enabled"
5. Set its value to "0"

Done! I tested it on a OnePlus 5 and it worked fine. To revert you'll have to set "1" to that property

Last edited:

bussi1805

May 9, 2016
The fact that this can be changed so easily makes me wonder why OnePlus just didn't add a switch to make this an option.
Anyway, thank you very much for saving my Android experience. I loved the classic op gesture because it works perfect even with a bulky protective case while on the other hand the new Google gesture is impossible because I can't touch the screen at the required position with my thumb.

Reactions: mezko and shizla

mnurolcay

Jan 27, 2009
Did anyone realised that this setting is disabling rotation lock feature, too? The small rotation symbol appearing at the corner when you turn your phone is now gone. Hope someone find another hidden setting for this, too :)

DogeAlpha02

Jun 20, 2018
Did anyone realised that this setting is disabling rotation lock feature, too? The small rotation symbol appearing at the corner when you turn your phone is now gone. Hope someone find another hidden setting for this, too :)

Wow, this is such bs.
Makes me stay on the new gestures. This was one of the things that really made me want oos 10. They could have added that icon in android pie, but they were lazy, samsung had their own gestures in android 9 and they added the rotation button to theirs.

ibchh

May 19, 2009
Working. THX.

Anyone else got problems with the activation of goggle assistant while swiping from bottom left or right?

Last edited:

mnurolcay

Jan 27, 2009

mnurolcay

Jan 27, 2009
You don't need to use this app if you use the stock gestures? I mean, with stock gestures and no additional tweaking the rotate icon shows up while using the regular gesture navigation right?

Sure, the problem begins when you try to hide navbar and pill. Otherwise it works.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang

This happen on AOSP rom too, when you try to hide the navigation bar indicator. Tested on crDroid latest version.
I guess this is an Android thing.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone