How to use steering wheel controls with the Atoto A6 Pro.

Search This thread

CharlesKEP

Jan 9, 2019
I tried that (using t-taps) and could not get it to work. I ordered the harness you have linked and will try and connect it up today

Federme

Feb 8, 2019
PLEASE can you help me? Sorry for shouting but I don't know what to do and my auto electrician too...
I researched a lot but can't find any good information.

I have a fiat 500 (2011), I purchased the steering wheel adaptor CTSFA004.2 from Connects2 but my wheel's buttons still don't work.
A seller told me to connect the key1,key2 and ground without any further info.

Could you please help me?

twokidsandaphone

Feb 3, 2013
Oakville, Ontario
PLEASE can you help me? Sorry for shouting but I don't know what to do and my auto electrician too...
I researched a lot but can't find any good information.

I have a fiat 500 (2011), I purchased the steering wheel adaptor CTSFA004.2 from Connects2 but my wheel's buttons still don't work.
A seller told me to connect the key1,key2 and ground without any further info.

Could you please help me?

Which patch lead do you have with it. You need universal of Chinese head unit specific one.

Uli Gabel

Feb 16, 2019
Anyone who can help with the SWC on a 2009 Ford Explorer and Atoto with ASWC-1?
I tried any combination of wires, nothing works......

X-Nemesis

Jun 12, 2012
Kitchener
Also looking for some help. I have the Axxess controller in my 2008 Mazda 3 which was used with my Pioneer Receiver but I've replaced that with an Atoto A6 Pro.

Looking at the wiring I'm not able to find the Brown and Brown-White wires on the Axxess ASWC-1

lastdeadmouse

Also looking for some help. I have the Axxess controller in my 2008 Mazda 3 which was used with my Pioneer Receiver but I've replaced that with an Atoto A6 Pro.

Looking at the wiring I'm not able to find the Brown and Brown-White wires on the Axxess ASWC-1

Chances are you don't need the ASWC-1 at all. Ditch it. Your steering wheel controls are probably resistive and you'll only need to tap the one swc wire with the steering + wire from the head unit.

Gizmofo

Mar 5, 2019
I started an install w/ the PAC SWI-RC (before reading this thread) and have hit a brick wall; it detects the signals from the SW, but the radio doesn't see the signals. I suspect it's because of that 3.5 mm port you mentioned. I bought the ASWC1 so that I could bypass the issue, but now I'm seeing that Axxess doesn't have a wiring guide for my vehicle (2015 Nissan Versa Note). Another wall.
Right now, my SWI-RC is just plugged in doing nothing. Would it be possible to combine both of these products to make a functioning system? Specifically, could I connect the 3.5 mm converter from the ASWC1 to the Atoto’s Steering Wheel Key(+) and Steering Wheel Key#(+) and then just plug my SWI-RC into that?
Talk about an expensive solution.. that said, if this works, I would be sooo happy to have completed this project.

comptechltd

Apr 18, 2011
Illinois
Tracking this info down was a nightmare for me. Hope this is useful to someone.

Requirements:
• Axxess aswc-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface. (link)
• Time and patience.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT use the 3.5mm Female input (SWC IR-WIRELESS Steering Wheel Key Control Port) on the back of the Atoto A6 Pro. This port does not work for some reason.:confused:

**Connections to the Car**

1. Download the vehicle specific instructions for your car, as well as the "Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface Installation Manual" (two different PDFs) from https://axxessinterfaces.com.
2. Follow the vehicle specific instructions to first connect the AWSC-1 to your car.

**Connections to the Radio**

1. The aswc-1 includes a female 3.5mm connector with a brown and brown/white wire coming out. Use this to connect to the Atoto’s Steering Wheel Key(+) and Steering Wheel Key#(+) wires.
2. Connect the "Steering Wheel Key+” wire of the Atoto A6 to the Brown/White wire of Axxess ASWC-1, connect the "Steering WheelKey#+” wire of the Atoto A6 to the Brown wire of the aswc-1
(yes, both of these wires are positive. I don't know who or why, but it works.)
3. Plug the male 3.5 mm jack from the aswc-1, into the female 3.5 mm jack that you wired up in step 2.
4. The ASWC-1 will NOT auto detect the Atoto A6. (don't worry, :cool: not a problem)
5. Follow the instructions from page 12 of the "Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface Installation Manual" to change your radio type.
Change your radio type to "Visteon". (Visteon is radio type 8).
7. At this point you have completed configuring the aswc-1. Next, move on to your radio.
8. From the radio navigate to: Settings>Default settings>Steering wheel program.
9. Once at the screen press "Reset".
10. Then press any key value from the menu, it will begin to flash.
11. Finally press one of the buttons on your steering wheel. The flashing key (from step 10) on your radio will stop flashing, and a triangular symbol will appear on the key. This indicates the key has been successfully programmed.

repeat steps 10 and 11 until you have programmed all the steering wheel control buttons. :good:

Just as an FYI...This worked PERFECTLY in my 2007 Ford F250. I tries it without the Access but it wouldn't work. FWIW...I have an older Access not the Access 1. Thanks again.

ironman_255

Apr 26, 2019
Hi, I have installed Atoto head unit into my Suzuki Grand Vitara 2010, everything works great except Stearing wheel control, vehicule has 2 swc wire + and - . I am gonna try alextrancoso solution this week-end. from what I understand I should not need any other accessory/adapter. Thanks

ironman_255

Apr 26, 2019
Hi, I have installed Atoto head unit into my Suzuki Grand Vitara 2010, everything works great except Stearing wheel control, vehicule has 2 swc wire + and - . I am gonna try alextrancoso solution this week-end. from what I understand I should not need any other accessory/adapter. Thanks

Just want to add that I successfully got SWC working on my Suzuki Grand Vitara 2010. Streering wheel remote (+) (car) with Atoto Key#(+), Streering wheel remote (-) (car) with Atoto Key(+) and gnd.
Hope this could help other.

Draxxell86

May 2, 2019
I have a 2013 Camry and I'm trying to set up the aswc-1. I got my volume + and - working, but none of the other buttons work.

It has these buttons:
Volume + / -
Mode/mute
Back
Up/down/left/right directional with select
Answer and call end

lastdeadmouse

I have a 2013 Camry and I'm trying to set up the aswc-1. I got my volume + and - working, but none of the other buttons work.

It has these buttons:
Volume + / -
Mode/mute
Back
Up/down/left/right directional with select
Answer and call end
How many wires are there for the factory steering wheel controls and are they all resistive?

It's easy to check if they're resistive if you own a multimeter and don't mind stripping the jacket off.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Draxxell86

May 2, 2019
How many wires are there for the factory steering wheel controls and are they all resistive?

It's easy to check if they're resistive if you own a multimeter and don't mind stripping the jacket off.

I just called it quits for the night. When I get off work tomorrow I'll take it out of the dash again and check how many wires. I do own a multimeter, but will need some schooling on how to use it.

I also bought the Toyota adapter harness for my car, and used it instead of the one that came with the aswc-1.

lastdeadmouse

I just called it quits for the night. When I get off work tomorrow I'll take it out of the dash again and check how many wires. I do own a multimeter, but will need some schooling on how to use it.

I also bought the Toyota adapter harness for my car, and used it instead of the one that came with the aswc-1.
If the controls are resistive you probably don't need that aswc-1 at all. The atoto can just tap the wires and read resistance on it's own.

To see if they're resistive, just put a multimeter on resistance (ohms), touch the swc wire with red and a ground (pretty much anything metal in a car), and push buttons. If you see different resistance values for each button... Resistive.

leannek

Jun 16, 2019
Dodge caravan steerling wheel issue

Hello I was wondering if you could help me, I have everything set up as per your instructions thank you! However I am only able to set the volume up and down, and seek up button ( this button however sometimes seeks other times does volume down which is very fusterating do you know what the problem could be?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Hi All !
I followed your instructions.
I have a Outlander 2015 and a ATOTO Pro A6.
After configuring the AWSC-1, only two buttons on the steering wheel work in the mapping panel (Volume up and skip right) no other wheel button is recongnized by ATOTO
I tried to swap the wires from the male jack connected to Steering key and key# with no luck.
Anybody encountered the same problem ?
Thank you :)
Hey did you get this figured out I have the same issue!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tracking this info down was a nightmare for me. Hope this is useful to someone.

Requirements:
    • Axxess aswc-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface. (link)
    • Time and patience.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT use the 3.5mm Female input (SWC IR-WIRELESS Steering Wheel Key Control Port) on the back of the Atoto A6 Pro. This port does not work for some reason.:confused:

**Connections to the Car**

1. Download the vehicle specific instructions for your car, as well as the "Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface Installation Manual" (two different PDFs) from https://axxessinterfaces.com.
    2. Follow the vehicle specific instructions to first connect the AWSC-1 to your car.

**Connections to the Radio**

1. The aswc-1 includes a female 3.5mm connector with a brown and brown/white wire coming out. Use this to connect to the Atoto’s Steering Wheel Key(+) and Steering Wheel Key#(+) wires.
    2. Connect the "Steering Wheel Key+” wire of the Atoto A6 to the Brown/White wire of Axxess ASWC-1, connect the "Steering WheelKey#+” wire of the Atoto A6 to the Brown wire of the aswc-1
    (yes, both of these wires are positive. I don't know who or why, but it works.)
    3. Plug the male 3.5 mm jack from the aswc-1, into the female 3.5 mm jack that you wired up in step 2.
    4. The ASWC-1 will NOT auto detect the Atoto A6. (don't worry, :cool: not a problem)
    5. Follow the instructions from page 12 of the "Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface Installation Manual" to change your radio type.
    Change your radio type to "Visteon". (Visteon is radio type 8).
    7. At this point you have completed configuring the aswc-1. Next, move on to your radio.
    8. From the radio navigate to: Settings>Default settings>Steering wheel program.
    9. Once at the screen press "Reset".
    10. Then press any key value from the menu, it will begin to flash.
    11. Finally press one of the buttons on your steering wheel. The flashing key (from step 10) on your radio will stop flashing, and a triangular symbol will appear on the key. This indicates the key has been successfully programmed.

repeat steps 10 and 11 until you have programmed all the steering wheel control buttons. :good:
    ATOTO steering wheel control for cars with resistance circuit

Just wanted to mention that if you vehicle's steering wheel controls is based on a simple resistance circuit, then it can be connected directly to ATOTO with no need for Axxess aswc-1. My vehicle (2011 Subaru WRX) was in this category.

For my vehicle, there are two wires in the harness and the resistance between these two wires will change depending on which SWC button is pressed on the steering wheel. Unfortunately, the ATOTO documentation is dead wrong how to hook this up. The manual says that if your vehicle has two wires, you should connect the two wires from the vehicle to the "Steering WheelKey#+” and "Steering WheelKey+” wires. That doesn't work. Instead you should connect one of the vehicle wires to chassis ground and the other vehicle wire to either of the ATOTO "Steering WheelKey" wires. I think the ATOTO wires are both labeled as "+" because they assume the vehicle SWC will provide a path to ground. Hope this information helps someone else.
    It has volume +&-
    Tune up and down
    Mode
    No mute button
    OK, Take that to mean your 2011 Subaru Forester did not come with factory navigation and does not have the Bluetooth steering wheel buttons. In that case, you are looking for the following two wires on your car:
    • Yellow wire: Connected to pin 14 of your 20-pin Subaru audio connector.
    • LightGreen with red stripe: Connected to pin 4 of the 20-pin Subaru audio connector.
    Refer to pics and pinouts of the 20-pin Subaru connector. Connect one of the above two Subaru wires (either one) to ground. Connect the remaining Subaru wire to ATOTO orange-black steering wheel key (+).

Leave the ATOTO brown-black steering wheel key #(+) unconnected. This worked for me, but others had reported that they needed to connect the steering wheel key #(+) to ground, so you could try that if needed.
    any idea the best place for finding a reverse light wire easy to get to?
    On 2011 Subaru Forester with factory navigation, that wire (a brown wire with yellow stripe) would be brought out to one of the navigation connectors. Don't know if that wire is accessible in your vehicle's instrument panel harness or not.
    I disconnected the atoto. I then attached an ohm meter and can see changes between pin 4 and 13. No resistance changes when I measure 4 to 14 or 13 to 14. Three of the 6 buttons (off hook, on hook, voice command) cause resistance changes. No resistance changes when I press vol+, vol- or mode.
    I dont have any great insights to the problem other than confirming that 2014 Outback uses resistive SWC and that pins 4, 13 and 14 on the Subaru harness appear to be the right signals. Pin 14 should be the common one, and AFAIK should be connected for ground for ATOTO. There are some factory service manuals here including 2014 Outback. I attached the wiring diagram that I think matches your vehicle, maybe that will help? The Bluetooth (off hook, on hook, and voice) buttons should show resistance changes between pins 13 and 14. The radio (vol+, vol-, seek+, seek-, mode) buttons should show resistance changes between pins 4 and 14.

Edit: I guess another idea is to make sure that the signals your are measuring (pins 4, 13, and 14) on the factory harness have wire colors that match what is in the wiring diagram below. I've found it's easy to get mixed up when looking at the harness backwards and end up probing the wrong signal.