[HOW-TO][WORKAROUND] Use GApps on the Nubia X

Search This thread

bamolnarhu

Dec 16, 2018
contacts sync

Hey Guys,
I managed to install everything (big thnaks to Teeemoo for the now root toolkit), but my google contacts are not synced (I added my google account and sync is on). Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks,
Balint

Teeemoo

Nov 29, 2018
ompan.net
Hey Guys,
I managed to install everything (big thnaks to Teeemoo for the now root toolkit), but my google contacts are not synced (I added my google account and sync is on). Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks,
Balint

Hi,
there should be an application called "Google Contact Sync"
Did you convert that to system in link2sd?

This should fix the problem.

MobilejackYT

Jun 30, 2018
Link2sd says:

"Link2SD could Not obtain root access."

I used the nubia x root v2.19 tool (yes, I am on 2.19) and it says "success".
Any ideas? ?

Last edited:

zencooler

Jul 9, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Just root again, phone must be unlocked and display needs to be enabled.

Sometimes you need two attempts.

Cheers
As Teeemoo said above: you can do the rooting process one more time.
And the easiest way to check if it is successfully rooted is go to Magisk Manager and look is it installed. Also if you are in fastboot mode you can look at the information below options.
Regards!

Sent from my SM-N960F via Tapatalk

letfly

Oct 30, 2015
Bootlogo

My Nubia now dont display bootlogo, only the boot sound. And the fastboot mode is the same, it is only black but still operate normally. Do anyone know to resolve this problem?

zencooler

Jul 9, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
When? :laugh:
I refresh every ten minutes

My Nubia now dont display bootlogo, only the boot sound. And the fastboot mode is the same, it is only black but still operate normally. Do anyone know to resolve this problem?

You can switch off the phone. Then press volume up and power buttons at the same time then you will get the fastboot mode. Make the photo of this mode and put JPG/PNG here, please.
Another way to do this is just connect phone to the PC and do command: adb reboot bootloader (if you have USB debugging on in developer settings).

Regards.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

New Rom V2.20 is available here:

url]http://ui.nubia.cn/rom/detail/58[/url]

Just wondering how to install it

You can do this from phone recovery mode and OTG connected via USB (pu downloaded firmware into USB drive and connect it to the phone then use correct option from recovery to do the upgrade).
IMPORTANT: If you have obtained the root privilege, you must remove the root and restore the normal version status, and restore the factory settings before upgrading. Otherwise, the upgrade may fail.
If you are upgraded to v. 2.20 you can do the root procedure again (according to Teeemoo manual) using the newest version of Chinese patcher (don't use any other previous versions!).
I uploded it here: https://mega.nz/#!foIgQYrL!6M05e2wZIpr5Lx2ov4RxW-aAdGFZzVXVoYfUtE3cAc0
Change the file extension from PDF to EXE.
Please be aware the file sometimes is recognized as infected by Win32/Spursint.F!cl (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds...rojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl&threatid=2147717281).
You can use it on your risk, I just disabled antivirus and Windows Defender to use it properly).

Regards.

Reactions: Crosseder

letfly

Oct 30, 2015
You can switch off the phone. Then press volume up and power buttons at the same time then you will get the fastboot mode. Make the photo of this mode and put JPG/PNG here, please.
Another way to do this is just connect phone to the PC and do command: adb reboot bootloader (if you have USB debugging on in developer settings).

Regards.

They are only Black. I cant see the text. But I can use fastboot mode when I connect to computer, It has sound and icon in the computer when I connect.

warrio

Sep 21, 2006
ROME
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

You can do this from phone recovery mode and OTG connected via USB (pu downloaded firmware into USB drive and connect it to the phone then use correct option from recovery to do the upgrade).
IMPORTANT: If you have obtained the root privilege, you must remove the root and restore the normal version status, and restore the factory settings before upgrading. Otherwise, the upgrade may fail.
If you are upgraded to v. 2.20 you can do the root procedure again (according to Teeemoo manual) using the newest version of Chinese patcher (don't use any other previous versions!).
I uploded it here: https://mega.nz/#!foIgQYrL!6M05e2wZIpr5Lx2ov4RxW-aAdGFZzVXVoYfUtE3cAc0
Change the file extension from PDF to EXE.
Please be aware the file sometimes is recognized as infected by Win32/Spursint.F!cl (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fSpursint.F!cl&threatid=2147717281).
You can use it on your risk, I just disabled antivirus and Windows Defender to use it properly).

Regards.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

unfortunately I have already bricked my phone by using V2.19 root tool on V2.20 ROM.
At the moment I can only boot in EDL mode. I can also connect with Nubia emergency tool but is not updated yet for Nubia x .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, please check your phone version before downloading the toolkit - dont use 2.19 toolkit on 2.21 phone-version! I don't know why everyone is killing their phone right now! This is not an easy-to-do tutorial! It requires time and at least a bit knowledge. Please read this carefully - use google for the most important words and start after understanding everything! I won't help via PM when you 'bricked' your phone!

Welcome to the WIP Tutorial "How to use GApps on the Nubia X"!
    Keep in mind this is a workaround and should not be the official way in how to do it! Im not taking any responsibility if anything goes horribly wrong :eek:

Understood? Let's go then!

STEP 1 - Preparation
    We need to prepare the phone now.
    Note: This is mandatory for the rest to work

• Unlock the Developer options by going to Settings ►About phone ►Rapidly tapping on the "Build number" field until the phone returns "You are an developer".
    • Go to Settings ► Other system settings ►Developer options - and change the state of "OEM Unlocking" to ON.
    • Again in Settings ► Other system settings ►Developer options enable "USB Debugging"
    • Now, you need to prepare your PC (in short: install adb). Please Google this on your own ("How to install adb on {your OS}").

Alright, we are done with the phone for now.
    Let's go to the downloads!

Great job so far.
    Now, we can start doing dev-things ;)!

STEP 3 - Let the magic happen! (ROOT)
    Note: this is the part where we change system files. Please continue at your own risk! If you don't know what a root is you should better not do that.
    Note: I don't own this toolkit. The source is linked above. I would recommend translating the original page source and reading throgh it. Source

Alrighty then? Damn, ur edgy.

• Plug in your phone and wait until it gets recognized by your OS.
    • Extract the "nubia-root.zip", go into nubia-Root ► nubia-X, and run the "nubia-X_Root-V211.exe" with admin priv.
    • We don't understand nothing, because it is a chinese source... But according to the original thread, close (X) the first window that appears.
    • You will now see a window with "(Random text) ROOT"-Button on the right. After you click it, you'll get a log output of what your phone is doing via ADB.
    • Finished? You will see "Success" at the bottom including some weird characters. Lmao #chineseprograms.

What happened right now?
    Well your phone is rooted. The program archived this by flashing a partition on your phone with adb.
    First, it unlocked it (see my dev thread for more infos) and after that it flashed the bootimage. In short.

Now boot back into your phone and continue your journey!

STEP 4 - Installing apks on the phone

Remember all these apk's you have downloaded before?
    We are going to use them now.

• Make sure your phone is still plugged in. We are using 'adb' now so open up a command-prompt / powershell / bash.
    • The syntax is the following: "adb install NameOfTheFile.apk" - do this with every downloaded apk. Example: "adb install /home/user/link2sd.apk".

STEP 5 - Install GApps

Now the fun part.
    We are going to install the required Google Apps as a normal user.
    IMPORTANT: Don't run any of the Google Apps after you see them on your phone. I know you are hyped but its not time to do this right now.

• Run the App called "谷歌安装器" (or the app with a playstore-like symbol). You will see a screen with chinese text and a blue button.
    • Click the blue button - the app will now download every GApp you need. After every download you will be prompted to install the app - confirm this and deny any Nubia tips for "hey you can download a newer app". Just install it like a normal app.
    • If you encounter the "unknown source"-error, follow the instructions on the device (or google "how to enable install apps from unknown sources").

Thats it! Wohoo.
    Well no.
    Please restart your phone, before continue!

STEP 6 - Make GApps powerful (using Link2SD)

Well I didn't found a better way as making the GApps System right now.
    Because we don't have access to TWRP (right now ;D), this is the way to go.

I assume you have Link2SD installed (if not, go to Step 4 and install Link2SD!).

• Open up Link2SD and click on the three dots located in the upper right hand corner.
    • Click "Search" and type in "Google". You will see a bunch of applications there but we only care about some of them.
    • We will use the following procedure: Click on the searchresult ► Click on the three dots ► "Convert to system app" ► Confirm. (It might be called somewhat with "system" in it, if you dont find it).
    • Do this procedure with the following apps: "Google Service Framework", "Google Play Store", "Google Play Service", "Google Contacts Sync", "Google Calendar Sync" and "Google Account Manager".
    • Done? Restart your device again. (You can do that by clicking on the side-menu of Link2SD ► Reboot ► Reboot.

Well, you are an official hacker now... Well not really.
    But you did something which is not that easy.

If you want to learn more or if you have any questions left contact me on discord (My ID: Captain Teemo#9394).

And if you are happy with the result, consider my time writing this for you and drop me a coffee: https://paypal.me/THeckel - your awesome!

Thanks for reading and enjoy your nubia - as you want!
    To solve notification and unstable apps issues, I'm looking into system and I found Nubia's process-freezer in boot sequence. I'd like to kill them.

init.rc
    --
    # nubia add for process-freeze
    mkdir /dev/freezer
    mount cgroup none /dev/freezer freezer
    chown system system /dev/freezer
    chown system system /dev/freezer/tasks
    chmod 0666 /dev/freezer/tasks
    mkdir /dev/freezer/bg
    chown system system /dev/freezer/bg/tasks
    chmod 0666 /dev/freezer/bg/tasks
    write /dev/freezer/bg/freezer.state FROZEN
    # nubia add end
    --

init.rom.rc
    --
    #Nubia add for freezer
    service freezerd /system/bin/freezerd
    class main
    user root
    group root
    start freezerd
    #Nubia add end
    --

Does someone have an experience to modify boot.img, repack it and flash? Is it possible to flash changed ROM?

I haven't tried this so I'd like to know before trying.

Or I'd like to kill this service if possible.

I deleted /system/bin/freezerd and now I can keep background process arive during sleep.
    I confirmed I kept google play services more than 2 hours (probably permanent. previously around 10 minutes) and I got notification after an hour sleep without charging!!

I'm expecting this have also solved apps crash problem.
    Before doing that I had never kept LINE messanger's call more than 10 minutes but now I confirmed it can continue 40 minutes.
    You were right the Root was not successful even though it appeared to be, problem was I didn't except anything since I had my phone screen off when I rooted it. Rookie mistake! Everything works like a charm now, I cant thank you enough for all you have done for the people here.

Hehe - Glad I could help.
    I will make a simpler Tutorial as soon as TWRP is released for the phone.
    (And guess what, im the only person developing it :eek:).

Well thanks for the kind words!

Cheers :highfive:
    I deleted /system/bin/freezerd and now I can keep background process arive during sleep.
    I confirmed I kept google play services more than 2 hours (probably permanent. previously around 10 minutes) and I got notification after an hour sleep without charging!!

I'm expecting this have also solved apps crash problem.
    Before doing that I had never kept LINE messanger's call more than 10 minutes but now I confirmed it can continue 40 minutes.

I'm sorry about that, only this is not enough.
    You have to do both of below.
    -Delete /system/bin/freezerd
    -Disable Neosafe service

I disabled all Neosafe service by Service disabler.
    I hadn't noticed this is also necessary because I tried this before and only this is not effective so I thought it's no mean.
    Thanks Zencooler !
    We agree about the tool, I got it on post #56 in page #6 as the your.
    Then I think my phone is not in the right state to be rooted !
    I installed minimal adb, but I just have to power off the phone or to put it in a special boot mode, or I have to launch a cmd adb command before ?

To make this magic using the root tool your phone should properly use ADB connections and - what is more important - fastboot mode.
    So first of all you can check if your phone is connected to the PC and visible from ADB commands by checking the command:
    adb devices
    Then you will see the number of your device or nothing (if it is not properly connected to use ADB)
    If everything's OK then you can check the fastboot mode (if it works) via command:
    adb reboot bootloader
    this restart your phone into fastboot mode. If you are connected to the PC you can check if this mode works properly via command:
    fastboot devices
    If should show your device or nothing (if it is not properly connected to use fastboot)
    To exit fastboot mode you can use command:
    fastboot reboot
    If both modes: ADB and fastboot are working OK you can use the root tool to do the magic.
    Regards.