• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[How To][XT907] Flash Firmware with RSD Lite to restore stock firmware/Unbrick (2015)

Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Requires a PC
Have a Question?
  • Please post What you have tried, Files used.
  • If Flash has failed or stuck in AP Fastboot, please post complete Text on AP Fastboot screen.

Troubleshooting

Last edited:

RBKearnsJr

Aug 27, 2015
Please advise

Hello,

I've an XT907 that started having issues a week or so ago with apps randomly failing and reboots occurring. Since then, I am now stuck at the "red droid eye" boot screen. I have went into recovery mode and reset to factory settings but no resolve. I have followed your instructions here but still stuck at boot screen. I have a couple of questions to start.

Of all the firmware versions, how do I know which one to use? I am using this file: VZW_XT907_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S1-36-10_CFC.xml . As I cannot boot the phone, is there something on my Fastboot screen that gives me a clues as to whether or not I am using the correct version?

I noted from the Fastboot screen shows a status of Locked. Does this matter?

Excuse my lack of understanding, I 've not done this before and have since got a new phone. I will be trying to sell this one once repaired.

Many thanks and regards,
Ben

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hello,

I've an XT907 that started having issues a week or so ago with apps randomly failing and reboots occurring. Since then, I am now stuck at the "red droid eye" boot screen. I have went into recovery mode and reset to factory settings but no resolve. I have followed your instructions here but still stuck at boot screen. I have a couple of questions to start.

Of all the firmware versions, how do I know which one to use? I am using this file: VZW_XT907_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S1-36-10_CFC.xml . As I cannot boot the phone, is there something on my Fastboot screen that gives me a clues as to whether or not I am using the correct version?

I noted from the Fastboot screen shows a status of Locked. Does this matter?

Excuse my lack of understanding, I 've not done this before and have since got a new phone. I will be trying to sell this one once repaired.

Many thanks and regards,
Ben
locked means bootloader is locked, firmware cannot be downgraded, with a locked bootloader
please post complete text on AP Fastboot screen?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

RBKearnsJr

Aug 27, 2015
locked means bootloader is locked, firmware cannot be downgraded, with a locked bootloader
please post complete text on AP Fastboot screen?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Hello and thanks for your speedy reply. Here are Fastboot screen contents:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9b(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-07-29 02:30:05)
eMMC info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

At this time, the device is not connected to my PC (I have my device here at work and the PC I used is at my home.

regards,
Ben

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

At this time, the device is not connected to my PC (I have my device here at work and the PC I used is at my home.

regards,
Ben
Device has the newest firmware, use the file linked in post #1
Make sure you have latest RSD lite and drivers.

Reactions: RBKearnsJr

RBKearnsJr

Aug 27, 2015
For my future info, how do you determine the version of the firmware (I assume something that is showing on the fastboot screen). And, in order to execute your procedure, do I need to first unlock?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
For my future info, how do you determine the version of the firmware (I assume something that is showing on the fastboot screen). And, in order to execute your procedure, do I need to first unlock?
July 2014 is latest bootloader version, which was installed with latest firmware update.
That bootloader can not be unlocked
So only same firmware or newer can be flashed.

Reactions: RBKearnsJr

Zombie8u2

Aug 26, 2013
Joplin
Sorry to seem so Noob

but will this work on a Luge. Same model number XT907.
Just a FYI if i have the same as a M. Under system it says Luge.

Thanks

Zombie8u2

Aug 26, 2013
Joplin
Stuck in boot loop

Luge XT907

Files Used:
RSDLite__6.2.4
Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_6.4.0_64bit
VERIZON_XT907_4.4.2_KPA20.10.1_cid2_CFC_1FF.xml

AP FastBoot:

10.9B(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-08-25 13:06:57)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery Low

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected
usb connected

I can not get past my boot loader. I have tried erasing my cache. I was removing bloatware when i got stuck. Using a bloatware guide.
I can not keep the phone off. It will keep coming back on
Drivers say when i am in AP fast boot:

ADB Interface> Mot Single ADB Interface

I load the Zip using the guide you have sd_shadow, but I hit start nothing happens. I show it has no device listed. Any help would be great. Thanks for all you have done so far. I might be missing something or i am a special case. haha but thanks :)
also I don't know how to charge since it wont stay off. Starting this i was at good battery. I am using Factory cable that came with device.

Zombie8u2

Aug 26, 2013
Joplin
Fixed :)

I used another option you suggested, :good: also on a low battery. Kinda scary lol

House of Moto [4.3]

Luge XT907

Files Used:
RSDLite__6.2.4
Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_6.4.0_64bit
VERIZON_XT907_4.4.2_KPA20.10.1_cid2_CFC_1FF.xml

AP FastBoot:

10.9B(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-08-25 13:06:57)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery Low

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected
usb connected

I can not get past my boot loader. I have tried erasing my cache. I was removing bloatware when i got stuck. Using a bloatware guide.
I can not keep the phone off. It will keep coming back on
Drivers say when i am in AP fast boot:

ADB Interface> Mot Single ADB Interface

I load the Zip using the guide you have sd_shadow, but I hit start nothing happens. I show it has no device listed. Any help would be great. Thanks for all you have done so far. I might be missing something or i am a special case. haha but thanks :)
also I don't know how to charge since it wont stay off. Starting this i was at good battery. I am using Factory cable that came with device.

nanaray

Sep 6, 2015
i tried but it keep failing ...i removed the 'getvar' error as told but it still fails what should i do now

Zombie8u2

Aug 26, 2013
Joplin
Thanks But I got it, using House of Moto. Would never have done it with out your guys help. Really thanks "Attack" and "sd_shadow"

wdreavis

Sep 3, 2015
Won't boot to custom Rom

I have tried every custom rom tutorial I can and it won't boot (locks in boot screen).
I have 10.1 Unlocked Status 3. I have been on 15.1 but reverted back to 10.1. But like I said I am unlocked. Are there file protections that I need to address? It is driving me crazy! I have been trying to do this for a week and I want Lollypop!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires a PC
    Have a Question?
    • Please post What you have tried, Files used.
    • If Flash has failed or stuck in AP Fastboot, please post complete Text on AP Fastboot screen.

Troubleshooting
    I used another option you suggested, :good: also on a low battery. Kinda scary lol

House of Moto [4.3]

Try flashing the 'system.img' from the stock firmware with mfastboot.

Sent from my XT1031
    Download Notepad++
    Install Notepad++
    Extract the .xml.zip
    In the folder it extracted, edit the xml file and remove the getvar line.
    Save changes and try rsd again selecting your edited xml.

Battery OK

Connect USB
    Data Cable

regards,
    Ben
    Device has the newest firmware, use the file linked in post #1
    Make sure you have latest RSD lite and drivers.
    July 2014 is latest bootloader version, which was installed with latest firmware update.
    That bootloader can not be unlocked
    So only same firmware or newer can be flashed.