• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HOW TO - YOUTUBE VIDEO] Root (Magisk) - Galaxy S20 & S20+ & S20 Ultra - Exynos-only

Search This thread

MikeTheTechSavvy

Sep 24, 2017
bit.ly
[HOW TO - YOUTUBE VIDEO] Root (Magisk) - Galaxy S20 & S20+ & S20 Ultra - Exynos-only

Hello everyone,

Here is a complete video guide of a method that wroks very well for rooting the Galaxy S20 (or any other Exynos-based S20 such as the S20+ & S20 Ultra) and installing Magisk onto it.

It works only on Exynos-powered S20 devices (S20 - S20+ - S20 Ultra including all 5G versions), not on Snapdragon versions.

https://youtu.be/ZQfmTlO7Llw

Enjoy!

ASHLEY117

Jun 9, 2011
Someshire

ASHLEY117

Jun 9, 2011
Someshire
What? you don't need this to update with data still intact! Everyone just repeating things without fact checking. that guy couldn't even explain why it's needed to flash this.

Chill mate, I read in the thread he didn't answer and I too used and flashed a magisk patched boot.img way before Jesec or this how to video popped up without flashing vbmeta. It's widely understood why and how anyway. Jesec is by far more knowledgeable than you or I and personally thought he'd disappeared for good ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone,

Here is a complete video guide of a method that wroks very well for rooting the Galaxy S20 (or any other Exynos-based S20 such as the S20+ & S20 Ultra) and installing Magisk onto it.

It works only on Exynos-powered S20 devices (S20 - S20+ - S20 Ultra including all 5G versions), not on Snapdragon versions.

https://youtu.be/ZQfmTlO7Llw

Enjoy!
    You're welcome, guys. I hope it's useful, I know that some people are less inclined to make mistakes if they follow video instructions instead of written steps :)