[HOW TO - YOUTUBE VIDEO] Root (Magisk) - Galaxy S21 & S21+ & S21 Ultra - Exynos-only

Search This thread

MikeTheTechSavvy

Sep 24, 2017
bit.ly
Hello everyone,

Here is a complete step-by-step video guide of a very straightforward method that works flawlessly for rooting the Galaxy S21 (or any other Exynos-based S21 such as the S21+ & S21 Ultra) and installing Magisk onto it.

It only works on Exynos-powered S21 devices (S21 - S21+ - S21 Ultra including all 5G versions), please do not try it on Snapdragon versions.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Jarrod666 and fasho

doggydog2

Jul 2, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S10
OnePlus 8 Pro
I would say that the biggest disadvantage is that it voids your warranty. Other than that, it's only +++
Agree except in Europe, it cannot void the warranty. Tripping Knoxx is my first proud duty on each Samsung device :)
Re HOME_CSC I might quote topnjohnwu classic guide:
"Use HOME_CSC to preserve your data when doing a firmware upgrade in the future. Using CSC is only necessary for the initial Magisk installation."

fasho

Jul 2, 2007
Hello everyone,

Here is a complete step-by-step video guide of a very straightforward method that works flawlessly for rooting the Galaxy S21 (or any other Exynos-based S21 such as the S21+ & S21 Ultra) and installing Magisk onto it.

It only works on Exynos-powered S21 devices (S21 - S21+ - S21 Ultra including all 5G versions), please do not try it on Snapdragon versions.

Enjoy!
HOW TO ADD TWRP AFTER MAGISK ROOT

fasho

Jul 2, 2007
Hello everyone,

Enjoy!
For some reason, the bootloader cannot be unlocked in download mode
I think Samsung is the reason
I am on the release BXXU2AUC8
Note, it was booted in reCrecovery mode and then restarted in download mode, but unfortunately, the option to open the bootloader does not appear

update
sorry the right way is vol button up and down same time then connect usb Not vol down and power

thank you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

Enjoy!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone