how to ZE500KL flashing CSC image/DUMP file (.raw/.bin)

Search This thread

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
Guys please help me ,

i have two file with format
.raw
CSC IMAGE ZE500kl
csc-raw.png

and

.bin
dump-bin.png

how to flashing this file to asus zenfone laser 2 ze500kl
what tools and what steps to do it, i have Miracle box 2.93, AFT , QFIL , ADB and Fastboot , SP Flash Tool
im confused how to makes Mediatek USB driver is work with ze500kl when the phone is power off with battery charges , finally how to flashing those file csc image and dump file have .bin and .raw format, and what steps to complete guide for this equal 'how to' .

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
it's a qualcomm msm8916 you need qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver (and prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn)
https://github.com/bkerler/edl

yes i can do diag mode enable by hqvod os custom rom for ze500kl with root mode by typing setprop sys usn config etc (i forgot for detail) rndis,mtp,adb esecute via adb shell command with usb debug enabled via adb with twrp adb shell command via command line pull and push and mount system too , so i can enable port 9008 diag mode with qualcom driver , the question is im not the smartphone repairman , i dont have any box etc , i just can plug usb cable laptop and ze500kl with any software support to help flash those items in .raw or .bin ,
im not confident flashing it with fas tboot or miracle box via qualcom port , i need some easier guide steps , coz when i see QFIL there just have maybe 10 items via multiple flash with name not same whenn all items in .raw and .bin files have name ,
so how to flash all those 42 items ?, my ze500kl have display grey makes me cant see like i can see it normal same as i see it normal when enable usb debug and active screen mirroring with scrcpy or asus pc link , my ze500kl have display all grey when my rom is RR android 10 for ze500kl everything is normal but on that day when i watch video use nextapp media player my screen ze500kl is grey i think it is normal like sleep timer already 0 by count, but im wrong this is not normal when i chek my ze500kl again the screen display still all grey on all display in screen box, i already downgrade to lollipop with any step erase cache,userdata,system and flash stock firmware room and recovery .
i feel this happening because fatal corupt file factory etc , i believe this can fix by repairing the software csc image etc , coz any firmware raw room or zip flashable sideload firmware room not touch or fix why my ze500kl became all grey .
so please solved this cases will giving solve to all have typical how to do to fix like this.

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
Note: DIAG PORT Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D and Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 are different things. 901D is DIAG Port and 9008 is an emergency download mode EDL.

actually usage is quite simple:
  • printgpt # Print GPT Table information
    python3 edl printgpt
  • r # Read flash to filename
    python3 edl r <partitionname> <filename>
  • rl # Read all partitions from flash to a directory
    python3 edl rl <directory>
  • w # Write filename to partition to flash
    python3 edl w <partitionname> <filename>
Code:
python3 edl w aboot 11.aboot.img

Last edited:

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
Note: DIAG PORT Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D and Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 are different things. 901D is DIAG Port and 9008 is an emergency download mode EDL.

actually usage is quite simple:
  • printgpt # Print GPT Table information
    python3 edl printgpt
  • r # Read flash to filename
    python3 edl r <partitionname> <filename>
  • rl # Read all partitions from flash to a directory
    python3 edl rl <directory>
  • w # Write filename to partition to flash
    python3 edl w <partitionname> <filename>
Code:
python3 edl w aboot 11.aboot.img

thank Alecxs , i feel some connected how to solve , but i need time to learn and try , my laptop have windows 7 32bit and linux lite 32bit , and im not sure my quota under 1 gb is enough or need to fill , by the way im i already see port 9008 qualcom but i forgot it is by diag,adb after restart with usb cable still connected with my laptop, to use EDL is must use port 9008 qualcom driver .
and the conclusion is all files in .raw or .bin from 0 to 42 is flashing by indication file name and first start by number 0 go to 42 etc by example is
like this
python3 edl w sbl1 0.sbl1.img
--=--
python3 edl w userdata 42.userdata.img

ofcourse when every steps i do ... i will update this thread .

BRB.

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
I recommend to dump partitions off device first. this way you get partition label = file name for each partition.
Code:
python3 edl rl dumps --loader="path/to/prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn" --skip=userdata --genxml

you can create new directory 'rom' and place your files in there. rename the files so they look like in 'dumps'. then restore whole directory in one go.
Code:
python3 edl wl rom --loader="path/to/prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn"

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
I recommend to dump partitions off device first. this way you get partition label = file name for each partition.
Code:
python3 edl rl dumps --loader="path/to/prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn" --skip=userdata --genxml

you can create new directory 'rom' and place your files in there. rename the files so they look like in 'dumps'. then restore whole directory in one go.
Code:

thanks alexcs for your recomended , first im confuse how to sure what i will do ,
i am not sure if i can active qualcom port 9008 is right for flash CSC_Image_ZE500KL_v12_9_1_64_M1.3.22_OPEN_Phone-userdebug (.raw) or Asus_Zenfone_2_Laser_ZE500KL_Z00ED_8916_MP_V12.9.1.73_M1.3.23_F_EMMC_Dump (.bin)
they have same items from 1 to 42 , and what os version in there i dont know it is lollipop or marsmalow , and i remember qualcom port 9008 with havocs os android 10,
so about edl flash tool i success install till last steps in linuxlite 32bit version 3.8 with kernel 4.x.x.210 xenial do with
python3.5 with this how to:

Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc):
# Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc
sudo apt install adb fastboot python3-dev python3-pip liblzma-dev git
sudo apt purge modemmanager
mv /usr/bin/pip /usr/bin/pip-bak
mv /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python-bak
mv /usr/local/bin/pip /usr/local/bin/pip-bak
mv /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/python-bak

mv /usr/bin/pip3 /usr/bin/pip
mv /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python
mv /usr/local/bin/pip3 /usr/local/bin/pip
mv /usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python

git clone https://github.com/bkerler/edl.git
cd edl
git submodule update --init --recursive
sudo cp Drivers/51-edl.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
sudo cp Drivers/50-android.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
pip install wheel pyusb pyserial docopt pylzma pycryptodome lxml colorama usb capstone keystone-engine
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install

so alecxs what is ur recomendation to me to enable qualcom port 9008 ?
my ze500kl still on lollipop firmware and hard to enable qualcom port 9008 with this asus lollipop firmware , and i cant find searched custom rom for ze500kl version android lollipop,
what i feel is i should enable qualcom port 9008 with android lollipop version before flashing those csc or dump files ?, or it is ok to flashing that csc or dump files ze500kl with qualcom port 9008 on havoc os andoid 10 ?
i feel worry it is not right , so dear alexcs what is ur recomendation to enable qualcom port 9008 to backup before flashing CSC_Image_ZE500KL_v12_9_1_64_M1.3.22_OPEN_Phone-userdebug (.raw) or Asus_Zenfone_2_Laser_ZE500KL_Z00ED_8916_MP_V12.9.1.73_M1.3.23_F_EMMC_Dump (.bin) ?

i will wait your reply bro , before i do next steps.

Reactions: alecxs

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
do not flash if you don't know what you're doing. first step, only read everything off device. this way you cannot harm anything. you can make you comfortable with usage. will guide you how to flash after you have the dumps (the first cmd).

okay so you finished the prerequisites and installed edl script, but you don't know how to actually enter EDL mode?

I don't know the cheat, for some devices it's fine with both volume keys + usb cable. what should always work is test point method, but requires you to open backcover.

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
do not flash if you don't know what you're doing. first step, only read everything off device. this way you cannot harm anything. you can make you comfortable with usage. will guide you how to flash after you have the dumps (the first cmd).

okay so you finished the prerequisites and installed edl script, but you don't know how to actually enter EDL mode?

I don't know the cheat, for some devices it's fine with both volume keys + usb cable. what should always work is test point method, but requires you to open backcover.

i am ready to do next steps , i do enable qualcom port 9008 EDL Mode by this how to enable qualcom port 9008
im using adb method to enable port 9008 with this adb command line when my ze500kl on active rom with root (magisk) and usb debugging is already turn on, so by adb devices , adb cmd (in pc/laptop) have confimed from ze500kl devices with info indication ... device , then i do in cmd via minimal adb and fastboot dir click cmd_here then do adb command line
adb reboot edl
so few second after do command adb reboot edl , my laptop detected qhsbulk usb then change to look like this picture
enable-ze500kl-zenfone-qualcom-port-9008-using-adb-reboot-edl.png

so now im abble to do backup and flashing my ze500kl .
but alexcs it is ok if i do flashing all items in csc or dump files from 1 to 42 ?
what is your recomendation to flash csc image 1 by 1 or just need some items to fix my ze500kl display all is grey ?, my plans is to fix my ze500kl display all is grey , so i cant see it like when my ze500kl is normal looks , the way i see my ze500kl display normal is when i connect it to laptop use scrcpy to screen mirroring .

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
by the way how to sure or what indicate if file .img .bin or .raw is valid file for flashing with edl ?,
and how to flash .raw with edl ?, it is same like flashing .bin with edl ?
python3 edl rf flash.bin -> to dump whole flash for device with emmc

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
this is the first step.

sorry bro my quota under 500mb , i cant see qualcom universal method on miracle box 2.93 have prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn in list , so such if another version maybe have prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn in qualcom universal method list
i try in linux with edl program do python3 edl printgpt have notice script not error but looks have not work , maybe i forgot do fist step python3 edl --serial , if my laptop 32bit cant implemantation any method to do flash via edl mode , i must wait to use my laptop 64bif (syill dont have hdd) ,
when im on linux i see port 9008 qualcome have name wireless modem, and i see in miracle box 2.93 port qualcom have 2 name 1 have name with modem in there same like i see in linux , and 2 have name loader bla bla in there , the correct name to use it for edl mode,
so i must make sure the problem is not do edl --serial first or must fix detected qualcom port 9008 should right in list when do lsusb.
python3.9 cant install on windows 7 , python3.8 not success do step install setup.py with notice dont hsve c++ but all required program already installed , im not cheerup to do any read and searching to use it with windows 7 via python , but maybe miracle box right version is posibble to read and write with qualcom port 9008 for zenfone ze500kl .
applogize me , i must brb again .

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
according to documention on windows you can ignore setup.py install error, that step isn't required. so only get gpt for now. you are on windows or linux?
Code:
python3 edl printgpt --loader="path\to\prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn"
(on windows, select output of successful printgpt from terminal with mouse, copy text with Enter key, paste output in [CODE]tags[/CODE] here)

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
according to documention on windows you can ignore setup.py install error, that step isn't required. so only get gpt for now. you are on windows or linux?
Code:
python3 edl printgpt --loader="path\to\prog_emmc_firehose_8916_asus.mbn"
(on windows, select output of successful printgpt from terminal with mouse, copy text with Enter key, paste output in [CODE]tags[/CODE] here)
QPST Configure stuck on green loading proccess at port tab when lollipop and marsmalow
(my ze500kl now at 6.0.1 rom) when device already stay in EDL mode.
maybe ze500kl firmware rom downloaded from asus official is not abble enabling 100% working diag or edl mode ?, or maybe you alexcs can give me step to make it work on firmware rom downloaded from asus official to enable diag or edl mode 100% working?
about what os me are now is on windows 7, and about live dvd bootable edl , yes i already look it, just 1 not in there info about whats bit live dvd edl live bootable on ?
my laptop only have ram 1gb , if that on 64bit maybe will be lag, however i will try to flash it to usb when is it posibble to get it.
back to conclusion windows 7 python3 setup.py edl , please wait i will repeat the steps till stuck on pip installing pylzma ask for c++ i already installed then try do command cmd python3 edl printgpt.
for linuxlite 3.8 32bit ,i still cant do terminal command no matter what it is still same got noticed similiar indication about not error just not works , or maybe it is about turn on edl mode with asus official firmware, i must try last step do it with hovatec os, so back to remembering windows 7 python3 setup.py stuck on installing pylzma this is maybe because generic notice from developer edl on github say edl program he made it can run on python3.0.9 and python3.0.9 can not use in windows 7 .
so the best conclusion for good edl mode qualcom 9008 port work notice is come from QPST configure when do process autto add .
fastboot said boot.img from .raw and .bin is not boot image when i try do line command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img extracked from those both file, so my question still not feel answerting why boot.img from official asus firmware abble to flash via fastboot to boot partition, but img file from .raw and .bin is not abble flash it via fastboot?
but fastboot have command method to flash boot,recovery,system,userdata,cache and abboot partition , so how to get file version is what android version?,
ok when ready the screenshot will be here .

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
I don't understand. I don't read txt file. please use clear language. english is not my native language. I don't know what 'brb' means.

1. do you have access to fastboot mode?
[✓] yes
[ ] no

2. do you have flashall_AFT.cmd in ROM?
[✓] yes
[ ] no

3. open cmd.exe. navigate to dir with cd where flashall_AFT.cmd is. connect phone in fastboot mode and flash ROM.
Code:
.\flashall_AFT.cmd

4. once the phone is working, follow the guide linked to install TWRP + LineageOS.

Last edited:

letm2d

Jan 19, 2023
dear alexcs,

i dont have flashall_AFT.cmd in rom .raw and .bin , all files in those rom from 1 to 42 is same .img with sane name after number , yeah i can access fastboot mode, recovery mode on my ze500kl ,

by the way "brb" is be right back , i found this from mirc ,

and i already change my linux os from linuxlite to debian latest (11) 32bir.

wuth python 3.9.2 stable installed from debian apt .

what makes me confuse is EDL Mode giving stuck, i mean more then 5 minutes after edl printgpt or python edl printgpt , the process that command stuck on this line:

(my_env) root@TworldBill:~/Documents/edl# edl printgpt

Qualcomm Sahara / Firehose Client V3.60 (c) B.Kerler 2018-2022.

main - Trying with no loader given ...

main - Waiting for the device

main - Device detected :)

main - Mode detected: sahara

more then 5 minutes still staying like thatm so i do ctrl z to stop it,

i dont have experience about EDL Mode ,so i dont know about working processm

i have experiencde with adb,fastboot amd QFIL , all steps i do is complete with never stop/stuck on working process ,

so about this edl mode pls guide me how to real edl mode (i just have ze500kl phones, usb cable , laptop with all program to do for do to ze500kl, and I DONT HAVE ANY BOX OR DONGLE EFI ETC)

so alexcs how to flash all that files to ze500kl ?

oh ya i still not yet available to install lineageos (my data quota not posibble to download lineageos at the moment) , twrp i already installed used orange twrp for ze500kl ,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:

Code:

thanks alexcs for your recomended , first im confuse how to sure what i will do ,
    i am not sure if i can active qualcom port 9008 is right for flash CSC_Image_ZE500KL_v12_9_1_64_M1.3.22_OPEN_Phone-userdebug (.raw) or Asus_Zenfone_2_Laser_ZE500KL_Z00ED_8916_MP_V12.9.1.73_M1.3.23_F_EMMC_Dump (.bin)
    they have same items from 1 to 42 , and what os version in there i dont know it is lollipop or marsmalow , and i remember qualcom port 9008 with havocs os android 10,
    so about edl flash tool i success install till last steps in linuxlite 32bit version 3.8 with kernel 4.x.x.210 xenial do with
    python3.5 with this how to:

Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc):
    # Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc
    sudo apt install adb fastboot python3-dev python3-pip liblzma-dev git
    sudo apt purge modemmanager
    mv /usr/bin/pip /usr/bin/pip-bak
    mv /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python-bak
    mv /usr/local/bin/pip /usr/local/bin/pip-bak
    mv /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/python-bak

mv /usr/bin/pip3 /usr/bin/pip
    mv /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python
    mv /usr/local/bin/pip3 /usr/local/bin/pip
    mv /usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python

git clone https://github.com/bkerler/edl.git
    cd edl
    git submodule update --init --recursive
    sudo cp Drivers/51-edl.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
    sudo cp Drivers/50-android.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
    pip install wheel pyusb pyserial docopt pylzma pycryptodome lxml colorama usb capstone keystone-engine
    python setup.py build
    sudo python setup.py install

so alecxs what is ur recomendation to me to enable qualcom port 9008 ?
    my ze500kl still on lollipop firmware and hard to enable qualcom port 9008 with this asus lollipop firmware , and i cant find searched custom rom for ze500kl version android lollipop,
    what i feel is i should enable qualcom port 9008 with android lollipop version before flashing those csc or dump files ?, or it is ok to flashing that csc or dump files ze500kl with qualcom port 9008 on havoc os andoid 10 ?
    i feel worry it is not right , so dear alexcs what is ur recomendation to enable qualcom port 9008 to backup before flashing CSC_Image_ZE500KL_v12_9_1_64_M1.3.22_OPEN_Phone-userdebug (.raw) or Asus_Zenfone_2_Laser_ZE500KL_Z00ED_8916_MP_V12.9.1.73_M1.3.23_F_EMMC_Dump (.bin) ?

i will wait your reply bro , before i do next steps.