• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How would you all rate the ergonomics of this phone?

Search This thread

banannerz

Jan 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Pretty straightforward from the title. I've been using an XZ2 compact. I got my dad a pixel 4a recently and when I finished setting up, finally getting to hold my XZ2c, I realized that the pixel 4a was incredibly worse to hold. Not even a screen size thing. So how does it feel to hold and operate the zenfone 8? Any comparisons to the pixel 4a or XZ2c?

hirshr

Aug 24, 2010
Not sure this is relevant for you but I'm coming from Samsung S9+ and its (zf8) way better. I used to get pains in my wrist and arm after holding the S9+ one handed, with the ZF8 id does not happen. I am also able to use it one handed using my left hand - also really great.

Compared to my wife Samsung s10e - I also feel it "holding" slightly better (even tough its ~20 Grams heavier) du to it being thicker I think

banannerz

Jan 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Not sure this is relevant for you but I'm coming from Samsung S9+ and its (zf8) way better. I used to get pains in my wrist and arm after holding the S9+ one handed, with the ZF8 id does not happen. I am also able to use it one handed using my left hand - also really great.

Compared to my wife Samsung s10e - I also feel it "holding" slightly better (even tough its ~20 Grams heavier) du to it being thicker I think
Not the most relevant, but it's still valuable information. Thanks

mestermagyar

Jul 9, 2014
Sony has that trend where it makes screens less wider for you to be able to hold better.

Zenfone's screen is a bit like middleground between a Sony device and a regular Samsung or Iphone, probably a pixel 4a too. It is very comfortable to hold and reach most of the screen with one hand. My previous phone, the Oppo Find 7 (basically Oneplus One), had a 5.5 inch screen and it is wider, even more so if we compare with bezels.

For its lower screen size, it is also slightly thicker than a Samsung/Iphone. It feels very compact for having a snapdragon 888 with 5g support packed inside.

Glass back is very slippery, I dont like it naked for that reason. The included case does not make it oversized at all and has perfect grip.

mestermagyar

Jul 9, 2014
Sony has that trend where it makes screens less wider for you to be able to hold better.

Zenfone's screen is a bit like middleground between a Sony device and a regular Samsung or Iphone, probably a pixel 4a too. It is very comfortable to hold and reach most of the screen with one hand. My previous phone, the Oppo Find 7 (basically Oneplus One), had a 5.5 inch screen and it is wider, even more so if we compare with bezels.

For its lower screen size, it is also slightly thicker than a Samsung/Iphone. It feels very compact for having a snapdragon 888 with 5g support packed inside.

Glass back is very slippery, I dont like it naked for that reason. The included case does not make it oversized at all and has perfect grip.

Sony devices are also less rounded that probably make for a better grip, Zenfone 8 not so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.