Question How's the 30 Ultra performing overall, now that it's been out for a month?

Search This thread

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013
I'm looking for some "long-term" users that have the phone since release now.
Did the camera get better with updates? (especially the auto focus bug when shooting 4k60fps videos)
Or is motorola at least acknowledging these bugs?

I'm probably going for the 30 Ultra nonetheless, but still not 100% sure if I might get the Pixel 7 Pro.

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
Camera is not fixed yet and Motorola does not communicate with us. No idea if they are planning to fix it.
Other than that the phone is brilliant. I'd wait until december and see if they fix it, if not go for the Pixel.

Gonna swap phones and never return to Motorola if they dont fix it by the end of the year. Sadly.

vendetta17

Sep 27, 2016
I like it. My only problem and a important one. When inside a car peoples i talk with tell me they hear mew very bad. Cant tell why. Better quality on messenger or app calls. Terrible quality when having regular call insider a moving car.

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
Did the camera get better with updates? (especially the auto focus bug when shooting 4k60fps videos)

I'm probably going for the 30 Ultra nonetheless, but still not 100% sure if I might get the Pixel 7 Pro.

Been using the phone (X30 Pro) for over a month now.
For the price I bought it (~USD630) and at 512gb storage, I would not complain.

- Excellent build quality
- Excellent display
- Powerful and very loud stereo speakers
- Vibration motors are top-notch
- Very smooth performance. No lags, stutters

Main camera - it has better image quality/color science than the Edge 30 Pro but autofocus is slower. It's not slow but Edge 30 Pro's very fast "all-pixel" auto focus is just on a different level. I'd say it focuses as fast (or slow) as the latest Galaxy S22 series.

Portrait Lens - no OIS means, it's difficult to use when you are holding your phone in one hand. To me, this is the weakest point. The saving grace is the f1.6 (probably this was intentional to compensate the lack of OIS hardware).

Ultrawide/macro - not a fan of this lens. I'm ok with it and will only use in daylight shots.

Video -- it's just fine. Also not into video recording and I can use Google photos to edit the video quality.

Front camera -- I think this is the strongest camera of the bunch. Very pleasing (little to no beautifying effects).

Motorola CN ROM -- Even if the Edge 30 Ultra is sold at the same price, I would still choose Moto's CN ROM.

Motorola Device Shield app has all the customizations I need on a phone.
Native app locker, background processing, native app clone, etc...

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013

- Excellent display

Main camera - it has better image quality/color science than the Edge 30 Pro but autofocus is slower. It's not slow but Edge 30 Pro's very fast "all-pixel" auto focus is just on a different level. I'd say it focuses as fast (or slow) as the latest Galaxy S22 series.

Portrait Lens - no OIS means, it's difficult to use when you are holding your phone in one hand. To me, this is the weakest point. The saving grace is the f1.6 (probably this was intentional to compensate the lack of OIS hardware).

Ultrawide/macro - not a fan of this lens. I'm ok with it and will only use in daylight shots.

Video -- it's just fine. Also not into video recording and I can use Google photos to edit the video quality.

Front camera -- I think this is the strongest camera of the bunch. Very pleasing (little to no beautifying effects).

Motorola CN ROM -- Even if the Edge 30 Ultra is sold at the same price, I would still choose Moto's CN ROM.

It's honestly a shame that the CN Rom has so much more useful features than the Global one.
They removed double tap to lock and hide navbar pill in global rom which is really dumb imo. Makes me question if I'm better off rooting my 30 ultra to get those features through magisk/lsposed

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
It's honestly a shame that the CN Rom has so much more useful features than the Global one.
They removed double tap to lock and hide navbar pill in global rom which is really dumb imo. Makes me question if I'm better off rooting my 30 ultra to get those features through magisk/lsposed
Just stay with your stock ROM. Rooting isn't just worth all the hassle you'll get after your phone's bootloader has been unlocked. Once unlocked, you can't relock it. I think the main reason is to discourage resellers as there is a huge difference in price of Moto CN vs Moto global phones.

aquino.andres

Nov 18, 2022
Hey guys, just a quick question, I bought X30 but Netflix, Disney+ and HBO max don't seem to work at all, do you have any idea of what's happening? Vendor told me to go with a factory reset but tbh I don't think that would get that solved, thanks.

amanujkumar

Nov 18, 2022
Hey guys, just a quick question, I bought X30 but Netflix, Disney+ and HBO max don't seem to work at all, do you have any idea of what's happening? Vendor told me to go with a factory reset but tbh I don't think that would get that solved, thanks.
Go to your carrier access point name.... In that select apn protocol to IPv4....

It's a network carrier problem... It worked for me in past ... And hopefully for you too

Reactions: aquino.andres

aquino.andres

Nov 18, 2022
Go to your carrier access point name.... In that select apn protocol to IPv4....

It's a network carrier problem... It worked for me in past ... And hopefully for you too
Hey buddy! I don't know if you could be so kind and attach some screenshots, have been looking for IP protocol edit or something like that on carrier options, thanks!

amanujkumar

Nov 18, 2022
Hey buddy! I don't know if you could be so kind and attach some screenshots, have been looking for IP protocol edit or something like that on carrier options, thanks!
Okay... I am attaching screenshots... Hope it helps you out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-072514.png
    Screenshot_20221120-072514.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20221120-072544~2.png
    Screenshot_20221120-072544~2.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20221120-072535.png
    Screenshot_20221120-072535.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: aquino.andres

arjun

Oct 17, 2015
New Delhi
I just recently became a proud owner of this phone, but the first thing I noticed right off the bat was that the buttons are not as clicky and tactile as I'm used to being, coming from the OnePlus 6 I can definitely say the button feels a bit stiff and quite mushy, I'm using it with the default silicone case. Is it just me?

aquino.andres

Nov 18, 2022
I think it all comes down to personal preference since I like more mushy buttons, not a Big fan of clicky ones :c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera is not fixed yet and Motorola does not communicate with us. No idea if they are planning to fix it.
    Other than that the phone is brilliant. I'd wait until december and see if they fix it, if not go for the Pixel.

Gonna swap phones and never return to Motorola if they dont fix it by the end of the year. Sadly.

- Excellent display

Can the phone record video in 4K on ultrawide and tele?
    It can. With 3rd party apps not with the current stock camera version.

Okay... I am attaching screenshots... Hope it helps you out.