How's your battery life so far?

Search This thread

Shuthefrontdoor

May 15, 2012
My battery life has been amazing. Before latest update I was averaging 6-7 sot and after update is 7-8, I even hit 9 sot the other day, this is with everything on wifi always, bt, location,auto brightness 40%, no power saving mode at all, all my previous android I had to cripple the phone to get it to last through a day, this phone is just effortless. Couldn't be happier. The newest update fixed the touch screen issues I was havin. I have no gripes with this phone

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Great battery life for me as well! With this screen shot there was A LOT OF YOUTUBE! I'm running bone stock, most of the bloat disabled, and adaptive brightness on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160717-234531.png
    Screenshot_20160717-234531.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 322

Sledutah

Apr 13, 2007
Utah
I've had my s7 Edge for 1.5 weeks and I'm about to return it. My battery life is worse than my previous phone (L3 G3). I'm getting around 10 hours total w/2hrs SOT if I'm lucky. The standby drainage is about the same as with the screen on. I'm using it the same way as the LG, but have about half the amount of apps loaded.
I've disabled all bloat and a few other things using EZ Disabler, recommended in this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-s7-edge/how-to/to-drastically-reduce-android-battery-t3445291

I'm going now and am going to do a factory reset. Then disable bloat and see what happens.

I've turned off AOD with no real change.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

AxlxA

Jun 17, 2013
I've had my s7 Edge for 1.5 weeks and I'm about to return it. My battery life is worse than my previous phone (L3 G3). I'm getting around 10 hours total w/2hrs SOT if I'm lucky. The standby drainage is about the same as with the screen on. I'm using it the same way as the LG, but have about half the amount of apps loaded.
I've disabled all bloat and a few other things using EZ Disabler, recommended in this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-s7-edge/how-to/to-drastically-reduce-android-battery-t3445291

I'm going now and am going to do a factory reset. Then disable bloat and see what happens.

I've turned off AOD with no real change.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I am on a LG G3 right now and find the battery life absolutely terrible. I am planning on getting the Exynos S7 Edge but your story makes me think otherwise. I notice going from device to device, I try not to do a google restore (where it reloads all the apps) because some times, it's these apps that drains the battery with their constant wakelocks and what not. Try to see if the apps are the issue? Start fresh, run the device with no new apps installed for a few days, see what your battery life is?

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
I was getting mediocre battery life until I stumbled upon this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/help/resolution-phone-changed-t3075664/page2

Apparently, we can lower our screen resolution, just like on the note 7, without root using adb. I've been experimenting and the dpi for 1080p is 480. This change is almost undetectable to the eyes and saves a little battery. I've been running at 720p with a dpi of 320 and battery life seems greatly improved, but a noticeable dip in resolution. Before this, an hour of screen time used 15-20%. Been running 720 all morning and my first hour of screen on time used just under 10%. I'll report back later but so far, so good! I was never getting excellent battery life and I have done 3 factory resets. At best I was getting 5 hrs after 17 hrs of use with maybe 10% remaining before bed. This may have given me a crazy increase. I'll post my results at the end of the day hopefully, unless I need to plugin to sync something from my pc.

Sledutah

Apr 13, 2007
Utah
I am on a LG G3 right now and find the battery life absolutely terrible. I am planning on getting the Exynos S7 Edge but your story makes me think otherwise. I notice going from device to device, I try not to do a google restore (where it reloads all the apps) because some times, it's these apps that drains the battery with their constant wakelocks and what not. Try to see if the apps are the issue? Start fresh, run the device with no new apps installed for a few days, see what your battery life is?
With my LG G3 I averaged 4 to 5 hours sot with 6 being the longest.
Reseting my S7 Edge didn't make much difference. I'm going to return it tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'm going to get a different phone or try another S7 Edge.
The salesman said he thinks I have a faulty phone. I'm seeing the same drainage whether I'm using it or not. I have almost every thing disabled using. EZ Disabler.
From what I've red6, the exynos has better battery life than the US version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using XDA-Developers mobile app

A quick update: I changed the phone for another S7 Edge 7 days ago. The battery is lasting longer in standby than before but still not much better than my old LG G3. I've disabled most of the AT&T crap along with the IQ tracker. Last night it only lost 5% over 7 hours.

Last edited:

jamgam

Jan 10, 2011
Mine is bad

Samsung and AT&T apps disabled. No Facebook. No Scanning. GPS and Bluetooth on
<1 hr of screen time in 24hrs and at 53%

i-MkZ6pzW-M.png
i-BNn6tSV-M.png
i-RPjtmP7-M.png

neezy13

Apr 12, 2011
Kings Mountain, NC
Mine is bad

i-MkZ6pzW-M.png
i-BNn6tSV-M.png
i-RPjtmP7-M.png

I don't think that is all that bad. That's less than 2% per hour. I usually get 1-1.5% per hour drain over night. You can try restricting background data for Google Play Services and that will reduce the Play Services drain to around 5%, but Android OS will probably increase some.

I rolled back to the APF2 firmware since my battery life seemed to be reduced on the last two updates from AT&T.

Last edited:

nuwayman

Aug 21, 2006
portland, OR
I get about 3 to 4 hours with moderate use. Sometimes a little less depending on what I'm doing. Like playing games. For the size of the battery I would think it should last longer. I'm still in my 2 weeks of this phone and on the fence of returning it.

sdbolts1

Oct 11, 2016
Mine is just like yours!

Mine is bad

i-MkZ6pzW-M.png
i-BNn6tSV-M.png
i-RPjtmP7-M.png

Yea my att s7e is pretty terrible too. I've had it since April and it hasn't lived up to how good I imagined the battery life to be. I Average 2.5 hours of screen time, 3 on really good days. Brightness set on auto, no edge display, deleted FB app, battery saver set at 20%, turned off all extra features, moderate usage. Just waiting for my contract to be up to get another phone. Pretty disappointing :rolleyes:

Vidfreek

Jan 10, 2012
Did any of you try turning off Advanced LTE services? In a lot of locations, especially for work, I was getting pretty bad standby time but since I've turned off the settings for Advanced LTE services (under Connections/Mobile Networks/Mobile Data) my standby time has been a ton better and battery drain is really good now, testing calls, I didnt notice any difference in quality...this is for an AT&T S7 Edge, settings might be somewhere else on Verizon or others, otherwise I have everything on on my phone, Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi, what have you, I have a Gear S2 thats connected all day and my battery life has improved quite a bit since turning this off :)

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Yea my att s7e is pretty terrible too. I've had it since April and it hasn't lived up to how good I imagined the battery life to be. I Average 2.5 hours of screen time, 3 on really good days. Brightness set on auto, no edge display, deleted FB app, battery saver set at 20%, turned off all extra features, moderate usage. Just waiting for my contract to be up to get another phone. Pretty disappointing :rolleyes:

I never use Auto brightness, save a lot of battery that way by keeping it at 50% or below, Auto can jack that up pretty high depending on what you are doing :)

Krazie99

Nov 8, 2016
Just Uninstaller package disabler. What do you guys think about this battery life? Any tips or tricks to extend it even more?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161221-214544.png
    Screenshot_20161221-214544.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What build number is current for ATT S7 edge? I am on Verizon and we are on PB5. Battery life is terrible and we have the same complaining on our threads. Good news, TMO is pushing out build number ending in PC8 that has fixed the battery drain problem on their SD820 variants. So, hold on...fix is just around the corner. Now, I am just waiting to see which carrier is the next to update... Verizon is really slow approving updates. Not sure if Sprint or ATT will next.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm on AT&T and my build number ends with APC2...

My battery life was pretty bad in the beginning but has improved to arond 4+ to 7 hours SoT depending on how heavy my usage is.
    Before or after your last update to APC2?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On the same build number...

It only improved by factory resetting the phone twice (through settings and recovery) and by fine tuning package disabler pro - I think I was disabling way too much (I read that's not good).

If I'm being honest, it's still not as impressive as I thought it would be. With 3600 mah, I was expecting much more.

All that being said, I'm getting between 4-6,7 hours SoT - so I'm okay with that.
    Out of curiosity what things have you disabled?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Not much... Just these...

I also went one by one and removed excess permissions for many apps - including these.

It sounds crazy but it gave me much better results than using Package Disabler Pro.

2nhix55.jpg
    Finally got my battery life to where I'm happy. GPS is off and sync is off because I don't ever use it, other than that there's about an hour of Spotify listening in there. No battery saver modes or restricting background data. The only things I'm doing is disabling AT&T crap and running the newest Greenify beta 2.9 beta 2 (not hibernating any apps) I'm using it for aggressive Doze. The new beta (not on play store) let's the phone go into Doze in about 10min vs an hour AND ignores movement. So if you have your phone on a bag or pocket normally it wouldn't Doze because it isn't sitting still but the new aggressive feature let's it. It's awesome, here's a link if interested. http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/greenify/beta-greenify-2-9-beta-1-feb-5-2016-t3308200
    89b78c10056664ebeff89b8902d87af4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone