General How's your batterylife experience with S22 Ultra coming straight from S21 Ultra?

Do participate in the poll as well.👍

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Sasaiber

Dec 4, 2020
Please tell me which regular applications need to be removed for better power consumption ?

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
Post "AVF9" July build, getting about 4 and half hr of SOT in about 22 hours total over 100% Wi-Fi in medium usage pattern.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-140328_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-140328_Device care.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: blackhawk

linom

Post "AVF9" July build, getting about 4 and half hr of SOT in about 22 hours total over 100% Wi-Fi in medium usage pattern.
Something definitely off with your phone. Maybe its FB drain. I have dual Sims running as a test and on 4G with WQHD+ & location on....am at 2.5hrs SOT at 62% after nearly 12 hours. I am at a single location though today and not on the road.

I'd suggest you clear cache and repair apps in recovery. Also, I have enabled 'Suspend apps in execution' under developer options, if that helps somehow (haven't really seen much difference though).

Attachments

• photo_6210832098441409180_y.jpg
    photo_6210832098441409180_y.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 20

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
You know the culprit!
Something definitely off with your phone. Maybe its FB drain.
I like keeping it installed. It's a battery hog but is applicable to every phone where it's installed. Since it's been like this for the last 100 million years, I actually like those phones that have great stamina having it installed. 22U fails here.
I have dual Sims running as a test and on 4G with WQHD+ & location on....am at 2.5hrs SOT at 62% after nearly 12 hours. I am at a single location though today and not on the road.
I can see you're not using chrome, FB etc. If you do, you will lose some good screen time.
I'd suggest you clear cache and repair apps in recovery. Also, I have enabled 'Suspend apps in execution' under developer options, if that helps somehow (haven't really seen much difference though).
"Suspend execution.... " has been ON for a long time now. (it helps reducing standby drain a bit, nothing else).

Cache erased & apps repaired always post OTA/Full flash.

After VF9, first run was okayish(some 6 and half hr screen it was), and the 2nd run was poor. I'm at 3rd run and it isn't looking good either so far.

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Newcastle
generally coming from s21 ultra (exynos) to s22 ultra (exynos) was a biggest waste of my money phone works slower heats more games lag thanks to RADeon graphics battery life is s**t only redeeming qualities are camera and i dig the design but otherwise what a waste samsung really did drop the ball with exynos 2200

Last edited:

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
generally coming from s21 ultra (exynos) to s22 ultra (exynos) was a biggest waste of my money phone works slower heats more battery life is s**t only redeeming qualities are camera and i dig the design but otherwise what a waste samsung really did drop the ball with exynos 2200
Exynos 2100 was so called an inferior chip, but it surprisingly turned out to be a "good" SoC over time.

pratik_193

Apr 5, 2009
Mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I like keeping it installed. It's a battery hog but is applicable to every phone where it's installed. Since it's been like this for the last 100 million years, I actually like those phones that have great stamina having it installed. 22U fails here.

I can see you're not using chrome, FB etc. If you do, you will lose some good screen time.

"Suspend execution.... " has been ON for a long time now. (it helps reducing standby drain a bit, nothing else).

Cache erased & apps repaired always post OTA/Full flash.

After VF9, first run was okayish(some 6 and half hr screen it was), and the 2nd run was poor. I'm at 3rd run and it isn't looking good either so far.
Try facebook wrapper apps. Same functionality + no ads + way less battery consumption

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Main thing that shot 2200 in the leg is the gpu its clocked way to low so it doesnt perform even remotely as well as gpu in 2100
The problem with the S22U snap is reported to be just the opposite. The gpu sucks power in spite of the 5nm form factor; it appears to be optimized for gaming. Unfortunately when doing more mundane typical tasks it's still sucking the juice.
This may be a chipset hardware issue that firmware can't correct. Samsung's "solution" of throttling it only added gasoline to the fire with users. Not a good sign...
On other makes people are avoiding this chipset and overclocking the older 7nm chipset to get better results. If true... it's discouraging.

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Newcastle
The problem with the S22U snap is reported to be just the opposite. The gpu sucks power in spite of the 5nm form factor; it appears to be optimized for gaming. Unfortunately when doing more mundane typical tasks it's still sucking the juice.
This may be a chipset hardware issue that firmware can't correct. Samsung's "solution" of throttling it only added gasoline to the fire with users. Not a good sign...
On other makes people are avoiding this chipset and overclocking the older 7nm chipset to get better results. If true... it's discouraging.
Problem with exynos is that gpu guzzles battery and performs slowly basically worst of both worlds

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Problem with exynos is that gpu guzzles battery and performs slowly basically worst of both worlds
So it's happening on both chipsets? What was Samsung thinking when they engineered exynos?
Samsung dropped the Note moniker, spit on its loyal power users by dropping expandable storage in a bid to appeal to a "wider market". So they created a niche market gaming phone instead?
Brilliant🤣

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Newcastle
So it's happening on both chipsets? What was Samsung thinking when they engineered exynos?
Samsung dropped the Note moniker, spit on its loyal power users by dropping expandable storage in a bid to appeal to a "wider market". So they created a niche market gaming phone instead?
Brilliant🤣
Exynos must go either match it or remove it its that simple samsung eu samsung users shouldnt suffer this s**t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bumping..
    In about a week the poll will be closed. Thanks for participating.
    Sold the S21U and received my S22U a couple days ago. So far the battery life is similar, but the phone gets significantly warmer than the S21U which annoys me. The weather has been hellish though, so I guess it's normal that the phone gets warm so quick.

forgot to mention, I have the Exynos variant.
    Sold the S21U and received my S22U a couple days ago. So far the battery life is similar, but the phone gets significantly warmer than the S21U which annoys me. The weather has been hellish though, so I guess it's normal that the phone gets warm so quick.

forgot to mention, I have the Exynos variant.
    Once you start going over 500mAh average and approaching 1Ah your temperature goes through the roof on a hot day, fast. The risk of a thermal runaway is real.
    350mAh* is generally sustainable** in 98F ambient.
    500mAh should have breaks every 20-30 minutes and so on. If the ambient temperature isn't too high a break from streaming a vid might be using the browser for 20 minutes if the current drain is low enough.
    On the N10+ operating temperature is normally 4.5-5F above ambient for the battery. Streaming bumps it up at least 2°. Heat output is nearly directly proportional to current consumption.

For fast charging above 90F ambient you will need cooling. Fast charging will disengage around 102F battery temperature. Charging in direct sunlight can TKO the device, don't.

*average

**what the device will tolerate. A battery temperature of 102-103F isn't ideal but doable.
    At 105F it's best to turn off the screen to cool.
    At 107F battery temperature you're nearing auto thermal shutdown temperature, turn off, power off if necessary. Avoid auto thermal shutdowns as much as possible... they generally work most times🤣
    Best to avoid above an 85% charge especially if you know it will be running hot to help preserve battery longevity and save charging time.
    my experience, bad. In reviews, they claim that there is a 5-10% reduction, but in my opinion, it is at least 20% worse
    I use Onedrive cloud storage and it has almost zero impact on my S22u battery life. My S22u is an absolute beast getting over 10hrs SOT and lightning fast. At home, I can xfer gigabytes of data in minutes on my network that is 500up/500down. I'm connected to my home wifi6 network wirh my S22u at anywhere from 1.2-2.4gbps depending on how close I'm to my router. Off my home network I get excellent mobile data transfer rates thanks to 5G (which does not cause a big hit on my battery life with T-Mobile in the DFW area). I have almost 500gig on Onedrive.

I've had many of the old Notes with an SD card slot which I kept my life saved on. No more as with todays cloud storage solutions, my exposure is much less and my life is much easier. Embracing the new cloud technologies, wifi6 and 5G has been a much better path for me. Hence, I can certainly understand why Samsung did away with the the SD card slot.
    Yeah cloud storage is certainly working well for the Samsung hackers🤣
    Nearly 5hrs sot, charging to 85% dropping to only 40% on WiFi with all services on, 1080p at 120hz... exynos
    23.3%+27.2%=50.5%

That means over 50% of people who responded to this poll is getting better or the same battery life as the S21 Ultra.
    6 hours SOT over WiFi and 4.5 hours of SOT over mobile data in a total runtime of about 20 & 16 hours respectively has become the new norm in my S22U. This is not just much worse than S21U, but also poorer than several previous Samsung flagships.

I can make it last way longer with workarounds, but with similar usage pattern & settings it's been a bad show from S22U from the get go in my experience.